Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Orbx KBZN aircraft hovering issue v5.3

Anyone here using orbx KBZN? I have noticed that my aircraft is hovering about 3-4 inches above the pavement. Everything in my library is correct because no other orbx airport that I own is having this elevation issue. I will note that I do not have the central Rockies installed because orbx states that you need this product for KBZN to work correctly but I had the airport installed in v4.5 with no issues and didn’t own the product they claim it needs.  ANy help would be appreciated! 

I have the same problem and it's not just KBZN. Aircraft hover 1 to 2 feet above the runway also at Orbx KSUN, PAEN, PAGS, PAJN, and PAVD. I raised this issue with Orbx regarding PAJN. They acknowledged the issue, but said since it did not interfere with airport operations, they would not attempt to fix it. The strange thing is that it only seems to effect user aircraft, not AI aircraft.

It's an immersion killer for me. I don't know what the problem is, but I suspect it has something to do with LM's improvement to sloped runways. At KSUN the Aircraft float higher at one end of the runway compared to the other end of the runway. The runway is not flat. You can actually see part of the runway follow the terrain. I'd post a screen shot, but it's too much of a hassle the way you have to do it on this forum.

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

3 hours ago, DonMuskopf said:

The runway is not flat. You can actually see part of the runway follow the terrain.

This is the nature of sloped runways.
I would go on, but it's too much of a hassle.

Edited by Reader

I had issues the other day with pakt and ksun before that. It’s a real shame that orbx has turned off their user forum. Whenever I have created a ticket they have told me they have noticed the problem also and will “reach out to the developer”. Then crickets. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 hours ago, Reader said:

This is the nature of sloped runways.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that KSUN was designed with a sloped runway. I have also found that some runways at the other Orbx airports that I mentioned, like PAJN, now have a slight tilt and this tilt changes the amount of "floating" depending where you are on the runway.

As far as I can tell, the following Orbx airports no NOT have the floating problem: KIDA, KWYS, PAHO, PAVD, PADQ, KJAC, PAYA

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

34 minutes ago, DonMuskopf said:

I may be mistaken,

Hello,
in the case of Orbx KSUN, you are indeed mistaken.
However, you are not mistaken about the differing positions of the aircraft wheels along the length of the runway.

1.jpg

• Like 1

I see the same elevation issue at KBZN at each end of the runway, not in the middle and not anywhere on the ramp. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I just checked the Orbx airports mentioned in this thread and do not have a floating issue with any of the airports.  It is not a P3d issue.

I am running P3dv5.3 with latest hotfixes, Orbx Global, OLC North America, and Orbx NA Southern Alaska, and the other Orbx NA Sceneries for the Rocky Mountains.  

If I had the issue I would find out the P3d base altitude for each of the airports and change the Orbx altitude for the airports I was having an issue with.  This can easily be done using ADE.  

The above method is what I do when converting other 3rd party sceneries to P3dv5.3.

It isn't a P3dv5.3 issue. 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

16 hours ago, DonMuskopf said:

I have the same problem and it's not just KBZN. Aircraft hover 1 to 2 feet above the runway also at Orbx KSUN, PAEN, PAGS, PAJN, and PAVD. I raised this issue with Orbx regarding PAJN. They acknowledged the issue, but said since it did not interfere with airport operations, they would not attempt to fix it. The strange thing is that it only seems to effect user aircraft, not AI aircraft.

It's an immersion killer for me. I don't know what the problem is, but I suspect it has something to do with LM's improvement to sloped runways. At KSUN the Aircraft float higher at one end of the runway compared to the other end of the runway. The runway is not flat. You can actually see part of the runway follow the terrain. I'd post a screen shot, but it's too much of a hassle the way you have to do it on this forum.

This is why I don’t post in the orbx forums anymore. I have like 3 tickets open with them from 3-4 years ago they still have not answered. As for sloping runways, I never thought about that. To my knowledge devs can still opt out of sloped runways. I doubt orbx made KBZN’s runways sloped because the airport has not been properly updated since it’s release. Since they made the airport, it has gotten quite bigger and has another paved runways parallel to 12/30.