Sign in to follow this  
billkirk888

Sky4Sim Pad

44 minutes ago, billkirk888 said:

Anyone try out the  Sky4Sim Pad for MSFS?  Any frame rate hit?

https://sky4sim.com/sky4sim-pad/

No FPS hit. It's quite good and works nicely.

They only thing they need to improve (in my opinion) is the MSFS database reading process, as it does not work with certain airports not giving existing ILS information, for instance.

[PD]: I think they use an open source database reader similar, or exactly the same, used by Little Navmap (LNM), because LNM has the same issue of missing information with certain airports.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Brilliant for VR usage.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Brilliant for VR usage.

Yup purchased it a week ago. Its great in VR🍻

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

It is a very good program for VR with no fps hit. It provides you with most of the data that you may need for a VFR flight. The database seems to be slightly different from Navigraph, though, but most of the time it is perfectly fine. It does not show airspaces or other VFR information, but it is really good for airports and weather. 

There is a similar program that seems to work with LittleNavMap,

https://sim-efb.com/

However, it is more complicated to set up and use, I found myself using sky4sim instead just because it is so simple to operate.

• Like 1

It's pretty good. The author is very prompt in answering support questions. The chart viewer, in my opinion, is questionable. The program converts a pdf to a png image file, thus making the chart almost unreadable. When asked about this, the author suggests using better pdf charts before conversions. The price is right, though.

I purchased it a couple weeks ago and it's really good in VR so far.

My only question / confusion so far: Is there a way to manually add an RNAV waypoint? The Flight Plan tab only allows for adding Departure and Arrival from what I can tell. I know I can add a VOR / NDB easily enough by just clicking them on the map. Am I just missing something or is there no way to manually add an RNAV waypoint?

Edited by FakeWayne

19 hours ago, flyforever said:

It's pretty good. The author is very prompt in answering support questions. The chart viewer, in my opinion, is questionable. The program converts a pdf to a png image file, thus making the chart almost unreadable. When asked about this, the author suggests using better pdf charts before conversions. The price is right, though.

The main thing I would be interested in would be the chart viewer.  I currently use PDF charts I send to my I phone, so I would be wanting to do the same with Sky4sim.  I am reluctant based on Flyforever's comment though.  Anyone else use the method I describe?

the author of sky4sim claims that the conversion from pdf to png is necessary in order to minimize fps performance. The problem is that pdf charts downloaded from the web are what the are. I would like very much to have the option to view pdf as well. As to performance loss, I use another program to view pdf charts and notice no performance loss. I want to stress the fact that ,for the price, the program provides good value. For me, the pdf viewer is unusable.  If you want a very good chart viewer, and free , take a look at https://github.com/AmbitiousPilots/FSFlightBag2020

• Like 1

Anyone know how to view Waypoints (not user created ones) in this App? I'm increasing my knowledge (slowly) so I hope that's the right terminology(!), in LNM they show up as Purple/Pink Triangles with letters/numbers (yeah them...Waypoints!?) but I cannot see an Option in this App so wondering if they're not there?! thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)