Sign in to follow this  
maca11

instrumental view - jerky

Hello,

I am using instrumental cockipt views a lot, however, as simulates smooth move from one view to another and at the end of the move there is always a little jerking... which is little bit annoying...

Is there any way how to make it more smooth ?

many thanks for any reco

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

JM, what do you mean when you say 'instrumental cockpit views'?  Do mean when you hit say Ctrl-1 or Ctrl-2 and how it moves from one to another view?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Yes, exactly.

when I move from one instrument view to another by e.g. pressing ctrl-2 it moves smoothly to new view but at the end it makes a jerking (like final calibration of the view) but it is quite annoying. Do you face that also ?

Any way how to rid of it ?

many thanks !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Hello Jan

Yes I have always seen this in MSFS. I was in the Beta from the start and it has been there since day one. IIRC there was a note about it in the early Beta from the dev team.

You select a new view and the camera moves smoothly to the new view then there is a slight pause and another slight movement before the view transition stabilises. This is different to normal stutters encountered and appears directly related to finalising the view transition.

Agree I find it distracting, but I don’t hold much hope for this being improved. I think it is one of those little niggles that some people will see and some people will just not notice.

• Like 2

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Any idea how to try to make it better ?

Is there any official Asobo or MS forum for recording of such things or bugs ?

Any idea if that could be of any priority to solve it in future ?

As was said for some it is not a problem at all, for me it is very annoying and do not know how to avoid that...

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

I don't see that at all. It is a pretty smooth movement. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It happens in all view changes for me (looking left while in the cockpit etc.).  A perfectly smooth transition, then a little pause/jump at the end.  Annoying, but  have learned to live with it.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Finally!!! This very issue has been driving me mad and I have become obsessed with trying to fix it, but I can’t find the solution. It wasn’t always like this, it only started in the last few weeks, not after any new updates. I removed all mods, reinstalled the sim, did a clean GPU driver install, tried every single configuration of everything possible…it won’t go away. I’m trying to work out if it has something to do with the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo  I added in around the same time but I can’t see how. I added some custom views to switches on the Yoke and then they wouldn’t stay in the same place as where they were saved. I learned this was to do with the zoom slider not being at 50. And I think somewhere in all that this problem began. I’ve even been trying to understand the cameras.cfg file in the hopes that there would be some solution for me there. I wish I could make it stop as I mostly use custom views and it looks so terrible. 

Yup, noticed that too for the past couple of weeks or so.  The altimeter tape on the PFD using Fenix or the Headwind Airbus is very jerky.  Not noticed it in particular on the PMDG 737 but haven't flown it much lately

Edited by ErichB

55 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yup, noticed that too for the past couple of weeks or so.  The altimeter tape on the PFD using Fenix or the Headwind Airbus is very jerky.  Not noticed it in particular on the PMDG 737 but haven't flown it much lately

I've seen this from Day 1, Aug 2020.  Cockpit view zoom is at 49%.  Not "jerky" like you're referring to the PFD nothing to do with that, but this as confirmed by the OP above:

Yes, exactly.

when I move from one instrument view to another by e.g. pressing ctrl-2 it moves smoothly to new view but at the end it makes a jerking (like final calibration of the view) but it is quite annoying.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Its so annoying to me. I look away for a split second so I wont see it. LOL! Shifting my eyes for a spilt second works great now that am use to it.  

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I am just flying the 737 now, and switching back and forth from all the cockpit default views, several times, and I see none of what is being seen by other users on this thread. The switch is instant, and spot on. I must be missing something????

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It seems to effect some people and not others. I can’t work out what changed that caused it to start happening!

On 5/31/2023 at 4:04 PM, Eggs said:

It seems to effect some people and not others. I can’t work out what changed that caused it to start happening!

Nothing changed here--it's always been this way despite all sim updates, GPU drivers, DX11 or DX12.  My sense is when you hit Ctrl-number there is a pre-programmed fast pan based on the starting point of the pan and it moves so many degrees in X fractions of a second.  Meanwhile, the plane continues to move and they become very slightly out of sync by the time the pan reaches its end point the plane has moved slightly farther than when the pan "thought" it would.  The degree of out of sync is consistent so to me that suggests it could be fixed with a minor tweak by the Dev if they were aware.

Noel