Sign in to follow this  
Kaida

GTN 750/650 and X-Plane VR?

I was reading a thread on this topic in another forum, and the last relevant post was in 2019.

How do these units fare in VR for X-Plane? I am highly interested in purchasing the pair, but I only fly the aircraft it would apply to in Virtual Reality. So, it's kind of a deal breaker for me.

I appreciate any insights.

Thanks,

Kaida

Hi,

The Reality XP GTN should works fine in VR I guess, if not, I'll make sure to find out a way (SDK permitting).

If this might be reassuring you, my support for VR can't be more explicit than this* 😃:

Quickstart | OpenXR Toolkit (mbucchia.github.io)

* I only fly in VR in X-Plane (except of course when flight testing the builds!)

Edited by RXP
edit: I had initially X-Plane in head when answering but you're asking for P3D instead.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm not asking about P3D. I explicitly mentioned X-Plane.

I appreciate the response. So, it will work in 3D cockpit? I won't need a 2D popout panel? Will it work with VR manipulators? Does it work with the mouse? There was a hack in 2019 to make it work with a mouse, and I find no word since.

Is there a chance of seeing a short video of the units being operated in VR in X-Plane?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Edited by Kaida
more info

On 3/6/2022 at 5:18 PM, Kaida said:

Is there a chance of seeing a short video of the units being operated in VR in X-Plane?

I'm sure you'll find a few Reality XP GTN in VR videos online.

If not, I just took these 2 screenshots!
RXP_XP11_VR_2.jpg

RXP_XP11_VR_1.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 5:18 PM, Kaida said:

I'm not asking about P3D. I explicitly mentioned X-Plane.

You've posted in the RXP Flightsim forum about X-Plane, hence the confusion! (I've now moved the topic to the proper forum)

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)