Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

Is this a football free forum...?

>Dave>>'Out of touch' refers to your 'tar everyone with the same>brush' attitude to football fans. Out of touch Ian in my view means, that you are suggesting that I am not quite 'with-it'.>>It would appear that your experience of local football fans>has really coloured your views, and made you very antagonistic>towards a game that is enjoyed by millions across the world.I agree that there are some good behaved fans.>That's a shame, and understandable perhaps. But if we ban>everything and treat all the decent, law-abiding supporters>like criminals, then the barbarians have won haven't they??Yes they have. Football hooliganism is reaching really high standards and affecting others who do not share their addiction. When that happens, it is time to be draconian surely?>>By the way, I'm sick to the back teeth with London too. I>lived there for years and still work there. You lived there? I'm planning to>retire to Cornwall...:) Get's too cold there in the winter Ian, Devon is much warmer and Torbay never gets colder than 0c in the heart of winter because of the Gulf Stream centering here. The Palm trees love it.Good luck with your move, you won't regret anything.>>Best wishes>>Ian

Dave Taylor gb.png

DaveI lived in Leyton - close to Orient's ground !! Not ideal I have to admit...I like Devon, but prefer Cornwall. My wife comes from Helston. I love the rugged coastline, even in winter when its mizzling. And in the spring, on a sunny day when the light is good - perfection. Mousehole is our regular bolt hole. We used to take pleasure flights from the aerodrome at St Just. I'll stop blathering..Happy flying !!Ian :)

His attitude, can't stand the guy.Like football players he considers himself a god, and expects all others to pay homage to him.When he then does something against the rules he whines like a little kid when he gets punished for it, when he fails it's always someone else's fault, etc.From a guy earning some $50 million a year to drive a car for a few hours every other week I'd expect a bit more maturity.

>just remind me again, how long is it since we beat the>Germans!, twenty odd years isn't it, they are far better>trained, not to mention disciplined than we could ever be.Umm, no. 5 years ago in fact. In Munich - we beat Germany 5-1.C'mon England!!!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Paul Heaney

"I've been shot at by the IRA - does that earn ME some points??"Based on what you've been typing, I'd say it earns THEM some points.:(