Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Airline Career Manager?

Hello all! 

I know that there are a TON of VAs out there but I find them pretty boring...Is there something where you can have a bit more of a career? You decided where you want to work and you get flights assigned automatically. I feel like picking your own scheduled flights with VAs is boring. I want something a bit more fun and engaging. Is there anything out there like that?

Thanks! 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

FSCaptain

OnAir

Neofly

The Skypark

... TONs of others out there, too.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I tried all of the above but find the most interesting and straight to the point is Simbitworld's A Pilot's Life. No GA, strictly airliners, Obviously, it really depends on your requirements and taste, 

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

14 hours ago, tamsini said:

I tried all of the above but find the most interesting and straight to the point is Simbitworld's A Pilot's Life. No GA, strictly airliners, Obviously, it really depends on your requirements and taste, 

I agree with you there but the UI is pretty bad...

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Air Hauler 2 is a good option. You have variety, cargo, passanger ops, missions etc. You can manage the career in any way you want and can set the bases where would like. An other nice option is OnAir, but I didn’t like about is the fact that you need to pay subscription. For Air Hauler 2 pay once and you are good to go. NeoFly is very nice too, evolving in a nice way and more important is free and updates are for free too.

AirHauler2 is recommended.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I'm more looking for getting job with real airlines 🙂

16 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

FSCaptain

OnAir

Neofly

The Skypark

... TONs of others out there, too.

If only FSCaptain was available for MSFS but alas it isn't yet though there has been interest and some development since MSFS arrived, but squelched secondary to the underdeveloped SDK, lack of enough of the right types of local variables, and then a major programmer at FSC needed a new PC to continue developing on a few months back.  I found FSC was the only reason I continued using P3D v4.5 regularly until about 6 months into MSFS at which point I left P3D for good.  I really miss it, have posted the same question as the OP here, but when I look at the details in the other products I find them lacking by comparison. It is fabulously flexible, has an intuitive career mode, a very cool FMC-like interface that in P3D could embed in each aircraft as a gauge, some cool audio, and all the rest.  I predict if they can get it there in similar scope for MSFS it will blow all other career addons out of the air.  Stop by and put in a word for your interest at https://fscaptain.proboards.com.  The three main devs there are what you would want all devs to be like in terms of customer service.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 3/7/2022 at 1:34 AM, tamsini said:

On 3/7/2022 at 3:45 PM, iFlySimX said:

I agree with you there but the UI is pretty bad...

In case someone has missed it, "A Pilot's Life Chapter 2" has just been released.

It's not just a nice facelift for the UI but it now offers a lot more airlines and flights and most of all a detailed evaluation of each flight with a complex rating system. Now your flying skills affect your career.

It's not an economic airline manager but just focuses on the job of the pilot. Exactly what I was looking for.

I just completed my first flight and it looks quite interesting.

https://fselite.net/content/simbitworld-a-pilots-life-chapter-2-released/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

In case someone has missed it, "A Pilot's Life Chapter 2" has just been released.

It's not just a nice facelift for the UI but it now offers a lot more airlines and flights and most of all a detailed evaluation of each flight with a complex rating system. Now your flying skills affect your career.

It's not an economic airline manager but just focuses on the job of the pilot. Exactly what I was looking for.

I just completed my first flight and it looks quite interesting.

https://fselite.net/content/simbitworld-a-pilots-life-chapter-2-released/

Awesome I hope it's what might keep me content until FSCaptain arrives.  I bought AirHauler 2 and to me it's primarily a glorified spreadsheet and you hardly even need to fly to use it.  I bought PACX to help me cope with AH2's inherent emptiness during flights and it helps.  Paid far too much for AH2 as well.

Thanks!\

Important question:  does it work with B78X HeavyDivision, Aerosoft CRJ700,. and Cessna Citation Longitude?  Or....how easy to import?

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Noel said:

Important question:  does it work with B78X HeavyDivision, Aerosoft CRJ700,. and Cessna Citation Longitude?  Or....how easy to import?

I flew the CRJ700 and that worked fine. I guess it works with any aircraft, it seems to read data from FSUIPC. No need to import anything.

Do any of these (aside from FSCaptain) simulate emergencies and malfunctions? Sure it's nice to go on a flight from A to B on a randomly generated trip, but having the looming idea that you could have an engine fire, or gear malfunction makes it worth going...

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

10 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Do any of these (aside from FSCaptain) simulate emergencies and malfunctions? Sure it's nice to go on a flight from A to B on a randomly generated trip, but having the looming idea that you could have an engine fire, or gear malfunction makes it worth going...

I just installed APLv2 and so far am very happy with what I'm seeing, but I don't know how it deals w/ emergencies yet.  I am also using PACX which works well w/ APLv2 to add flight crew announcements and does accomodate emergencies as me how I know!  So far these two together will tie me over until FSCaptain arrives but for now its great and makes me realize FSC may have to up it's game slightly.  I am so happy to get rid of AirHauler2 which is not a good fit for my needs.

Noel

hehe, thanks guys, i like reading this kind of thread because i also always look for this kind of addons to bring some kind of purpose of flying and the first thing i check when reading the products description is what you said @V1ROTA7E ..

... some kind of emergency, unusual stuff that will keep you 'on your guard' 😱 while flying even if they are rare (and should be rare) .. in addition to aircraft failures, i would love also like to see stuff that is purely simulated like the program telling you about passenger being ill or agressive and you have to divert (and you can choose to divert or not but if you don't and then situation gets worse you get penalized), or your destination airport that suddenly becomes closed and you have to adapt, well all stuff that you would hate in real life 🙈 but would be cool in the simulator to limit the <gear up -> 'lnav / vnav' -> 'autoland' everything is always gonna be fine> syndrome 😁😁.

Unfortunately i think none of those modern programs (air hauler / onair / aplv2 / skypark) have that kind of features, not even sure if they would let you land at a different airport because of weather (probably yes i guess), fscaptain and the very old fspassenger had a bit of this i think and it was really a big plus for me. Anyway we can dream maybe one day......

🍻

Edited by Bad_T

1 hour ago, Bad_T said:

fscaptain and the very old fspassenger had a bit of this i think and it was really a big plus for me.

FSC was the only reason I spent any time in P3D 4.5.  For years of doing this I don't think I had one emergency happen by FSC.  Of course 'scoring' your pilot performance also helps you 'stay on guard' and fortunately APL2 does this.  Might be worth suggesting to Simbitworld to add this functionality if it doesn't already exist.

Noel