Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

PMDG Update

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

hasn't it been getting closer for a year or so now?

Thats usually what happens when things are developed. They get closer to being done. Or am I wrong?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

58 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yes, and I can confirm that everything on youtube is without question completely true; it is after all, where I learned that the Earth is flat and the Moon landings were faked (on Mars). 🤣

Not 100% true, though.  Elvis regularly posts fake stuff!

• Like 1

The screen shots are getting boring.  Waiting for the release news.

Gnacino

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, gb09f said:

I have it on good authority from lots of people on YouTube that is the single greatest piece of software ever written and it will change all our lives in ways we can only imagine. 

Maybe even world peace?

1 hour ago, FBW737 said:

I think the textures in those screen shots look a little cartoonie.

This is why we need large high res shots....    A few months back they released some cockpit shots and they looked identical to P3D - at least to me.  It did help a little when I found a higher res version on the web but still....need some great well-lit shots to really appreciate the differences...  im sure they are there i just don't see it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

And you won't have to know anything about flying an airplane, it will do it all by itself. 😁

Found a guy who's never flown a 737.  😁

Andrew Crowley

Just now, Stearmandriver said:

Found a guy who's never flown a 737.  😁

2,000 plus hours in the PMDG 737 in P3D/ 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, FBW737 said:

I think the textures in those screen shots look a little cartoonie.

Unfortunately I kind of have to agree here... The closeup that was shown didn't strike me as 'super-duper', given the graphical qualities that other developers have shown us in their projects, such as the Leonardo Maddog.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think the Fenix textures have spoilt me a little with what can be done these days but still am positive this will be a big hit once polished up.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

2,000 plus hours in the PMDG 737 in P3D/ 

So... you've never flown a 737 😉.  But that's probably good enough to know that the 73 isn't exactly a "do everything for you" airplane...

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

11 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

So... you've never flown a 737 😉.  But that's probably good enough to know that the 73 isn't exactly a "do everything for you" airplane...

Program FMC, Take off, fly to 500 feet, engage AP, AT, follow the magenta line and Autoland. Easy Peasy.... 😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

48 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Program FMC, Take off, fly to 500 feet, engage AP, AT, follow the magenta line and Autoland. Easy Peasy.... 😉

Sigh….

Sometimes its better just to keep quiet 😂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Sigh….

Sometimes its better just to keep quiet 😂

No fun....🤥

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Based on this excerpt from Randazzo, it seems  like there aren’t any issues with the MSFS SDK so far in beta. This is good news because there isn’t a “show stopper” that will prevent PMDG from moving forward to complete the beta.  I guessed that the beta test would probably take around 2 to 3 months so I think a release between April to June is the most likely, if there are no “show stoppers.”

So we will have an operational weather radar then?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”