Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

Who do u buy first ? PMDG 737 Maddog or Bae 146

The 737 looks to be amazing; the BAE 146 was a favourite as a kid!

Simon

Sorry, but none of the named addons is tempting me - surely very upsetting for the distributors - I have got a 737 home cockpit - so the PMDG 737 is no competitor - "Maddog" - I never cared about - and the BAE is one of those I fly once or twice and then loose interest.

In the new incarnation of MS FS I would rather wait for the releases and read the reviews / watch the videos before going on either.

MFS is too dynamic to allow for "King of the Castle" developers... FBW, PMDG, CARENADO, JUST FLIGHT, AEROSOFT, ... all other including the GREAT / SUPERB freeware community, are pretty much ex-aequo these days.

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm looking forward to them all but I do have a little bias towards the BAE 146. Another thing to consider is it comes in 3 pax variants and will also include a cargo and state variant as well so you are getting a lot for your money.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I'll purchase the most familiar to me and that would be the 737.  I have never flown the Maddog and it looks amazing, same for the 146. The Maddog and the 146 both look like there is a bit of a learning curve which should be interesting to learn.

Good times ahead!

Rob 

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, Donka said:

so you are getting a lot for your money

which might be equally lot or do we know the pricing already?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Only the 737 and just to recoup my $100 investment in PMDG, and that will be it.

This new sim has made me a GA guy - I await the A2A 182 with steam gauges or a 206 from A2A, or anyone that steps up with good one!

The PMDG i've already "paid" for.

The Fenix for sure.

The 146 I had in P3D...no thanks

The MD80 is a class act but I just did not like it, as in the old banger did nothing for me.

So 737 and  a A320, job done!

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, DAD said:

which might be equally lot or do we know the pricing already?

They haven't quoted MSFS pricing yet but I would imagine it would be in line with the P3d and XP11 versions.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Without a doubt the JustFlight 146 then the Maddog.  No doubt at all the PMDG 737 will be amazing but so many years of 737s and Airbus flooding the market - meh!

both the 146 and Maddog are something different with new challenges and systems to work through - a bit old school with some automation thrown in.  

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Donka said:

They haven't quoted MSFS pricing yet but I would imagine it would be in line with the P3d and XP11 versions.

I believe they have said there will be no 'base package' price per se, and each variant will be standalone.  I think what they will do, to encourage sales, is charge the same price for each variant when it's the first one a customer purchases, then incentivize purchasing additional variants by offering substantial discounts for each.  My guess is: $79 for the first, and $39 for subsequent, or something along those lines.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

MD-11 would be my first choice, but sounds like the 737 will come out first. Either way , I have had enough A320 flying for now and look forward to anything new that is high fidelity. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png