Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

Who do u buy first ? PMDG 737 Maddog or Bae 146

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The Bae146 will get you into many more interesting places than the B737 🙂

....but you can't do ETOPS, RNAV approaches, cockpit customization, etc. Plus, I doubt that the 146 can really out perform a 737. That's just a guess, of course, I'd have to take a look at the numbers. To each their own. I'm throwing in the towel on vintage airliners for the time being. The next vintage plane I may get is the DC3, and only if they have the turboprop conversion for flights to Antarctica.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

ETOPS isn’t applicable to the bae.  It has four engines.

34 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

....but you can't do ETOPS, RNAV approaches, cockpit customization, etc. Plus, I doubt that the 146 can really out perform a 737. That's just a guess, of course, I'd have to take a look at the numbers. To each their own. I'm throwing in the towel on vintage airliners for the time being. The next vintage plane I may get is the DC3, and only if they have the turboprop conversion for flights to Antarctica.

To each their own indeed, but you can't call a BAe 146 vintage!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

First up will make a heap of cash as people have waited and been in anticipation as well as fed a magnitude of teasers over the last 1.5 years.

• Like 1

Simon

Saw this recent video.  Looks like they have added some features.  I have traveled on AA MD-80's the most of any aircraft type in my life; so know them well as many hours doing KIAH-CYYC via KDFW ALOT.

The cockpit door opening is neat and textures are good on it; the ceiling panels in the galley and entry are good.  Cabin sidewalls are accurate along with passengers call sign and vents are modelled and textured reasonably well.  I am pleasantly surprised by what was my favourite airliner for most of my life.

Simon

2 hours ago, simon747 said:

I have traveled on AA MD-80's

Like this one?

DISCLAIMER: This is a shot of the latest beta version of the aircraft, and a WIP of my paint, please take that into consideration when noticing 2 or 3 pixels out of place. 😉 

dM2nmh.png

Still deciding if I should leave the "Super80" sticker glue stain on her or not.  Some had it for a while and I liked the logo on the plane....sad to see it go.

I also like the black nose version, but someone else has already painted it.

Anyway....being fortunate enough to be on both the 737 and MD beta teams, I don't have to make that purchasing decision most of you do.  However, if I were...I would not hesitate to budget for having them both in my hangar.

Almost finished painting this one so our Canadian simmers have a livery (they may have 2 at least) when the 737 releases.

On a beautiful Key West morning at sunrise, getting ready to take her to Miami.

DISCLAIMER: This is a shot of the latest beta version of the aircraft, and a WIP of my paint, please take that into consideration when noticing 2 or 3 pixels out of place. 😉 

JhNTFi.png

And before you guys get too envious that I have access to both...just know there is a huge difference between a recreational flight and a beta-test flight (which all of mine are for these wonderful birds).  Its actual work! 🙂 

Not that I'll deny it's pretty cool to see the latest updates each dev is making when a new one drops. (and if you knew the work involved in just resetting your sim to accept the beta each time one drops, you may re-think your desire to be a beta tester, LOL)....Like this morning forgetting to delete one folder before installing the new beta...then having to uninstall, delete the folder, reinstall.  We have to do a lot of manipulation for each install to get a "clean" install to replicate what you guys will have on the release product....don't worry, all you guys will have to do is hit a few buttons, say OK to a few EULAs, and you're done. 😉 

Hang in there guys, they are coming....Of course I can't say when you'll be flying them, because I really don't know...and if I did I certainly could not tell ya'. 

• Like 10

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 hours ago, simon747 said:

I am pleasantly surprised by what was my favourite airliner for most of my life.

If this will be your first time with Leonardo's Maddog, you're going to be amazed. Their P3d version was absolutely stellar. Just a fantastic work of art from nose to tail, with an almost absurd level of systems detail. I almost can't wait to see how much better the MSFS version is going to be.

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to the Maddog’s EFB performance calculator where it will calculate not only an assumed temperature derate, but also the optimal “dial-a-flap” setting.  At least that’s how it looked to me on the recent features video.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

2 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Any indication of the 737-700 price yet?

T45

Well, Randazzo has said that the people who bought the 737 for p3d for a short period before Christmas would recieve a credit of a 100 dollars. That is one indication. Another thing he said was that any unspent credits would be saved for later purchases. That's another indication. And lastly, he said that regarding price he thought we would be pleasantly surprised. So, all in all I think the indications are pretty positive, and I would wager to guess that the price would be around 70-90 dollars. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, eslader said:

If this will be your first time with Leonardo's Maddog, you're going to be amazed. Their P3d version was absolutely stellar. Just a fantastic work of art from nose to tail, with an almost absurd level of systems detail. I almost can't wait to see how much better the MSFS version is going to be.

I had\have the P3D version and yes it is great.  These new modelling and texture bits look pretty stunning now. 

Simon

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

...and I would wager to guess that the price would be around 70-90 dollars. 

Which would make the PMDG 737 the most expensive add on in mainstream consumer sim history. once you add up the variants.  The P3D version adds up to 185 dollars with all packs.  This will surely be more expensive, and even the p3d pricing, despite the fact I paid it, is too much.

Now, the caveats.  They could price this thing at an average of 30-50 per variant, and it'll come in a bit less.  (Not counting on it, but they could)  You can save money by not buying what you don't want, which is a bonus (I won't be getting the 900)  And I will happily complain about the pricing, and take every opportunity to remind folks of the monumental screw job that was the initial FSX-P3D rollout, where we paid a 140% premium for a new installer.  That doesn't mean it still won't be worth it to buy.  They make good stuff.

But  IF this thing comes in as you suggest,  I'm not sure this is "positive pricing news"   Do the math.

Well, of course, if you want to buy them all, then yes. I agree. However, I've only gotten the base package for all the previous releases, and I've only flown the 738 exclusively. Since it is the most widespread Boeing jet in the world, it's not that surprising. So, for me, a price of perhaps 70 dollars per version would still make it the cheapest pmdg iteration of the 737 to date. 😉

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

6 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Almost finished painting this one so our Canadian simmers have a livery (they may have 2 at least) when the 737 releases.

Awesome, thanks Steve.  You pre-empted my complaining that there were no WestJet liveries listed in this article 😄

https://fselite.net/content/all-confirmed-pmdg-737-700-official-liveries-so-far/

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Awesome, thanks Steve.  You pre-empted my complaining that there were no WestJet liveries listed in this article 😄

https://fselite.net/content/all-confirmed-pmdg-737-700-official-liveries-so-far/

Gotta take care of my Canuk friends!   I painted Tartan because traditionally (at least last PMDG 737 release) there was a WestJet normal tail in the list.  We haven't seen it appear yet, but could be on the horizon.  If its nots done for whatever reason, I can throw a normal tail and new reg soon after release....but I really suspect thus plane is gonna be one of the most frequently painted aircraft in MSFS. 😉 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg