Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Flightbeam NZWN, Orbx NZNI and GSX

Has anyone managed to get P3D5, Orbx's NZ North Island, Flightbeam NZWN and GSX to happily co exist?  What I have found is that disabling all the files as recommended by Flightbeam if you have Orbx NZNI installed causes GSX to complain that it can't find ADE_FTX_NZWN_P3D.bgl and fails to load.  If I enable this file there is a large cliff along the eastern perimeter of the airport.  The only solution that allows me to have FB NZWN and GSX working together is to uninstall Orbx NZNI.  While things don't look that much different in the immediate vicinity of the airport without Orbx NZNI, things are significantly degraded elsewhere on the north island. These all used to work together - at least in P3D4.5.  Fortunately we will soon have FB NZWN in MSFS2020 and hopefully in the not to distant future the PMDG NGX as well.  At that point I guess it will be the end of P3D in NZ for me.  But in the meantime I would like to have things working in P3D like they used to.  Thank you.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce, I also have Orbx's NZ North Island, Flightbeam NZWN and GSX, as well as the recommended FTX files disabled, and GSX is not complaining.

What you could try is, with your ADE_FTX_NZWN_P3D.bgl disabled, run the following menu in P3Dv5:

Add-ons/Coualt settings/Restart Coualt and rebuild airport cache

I am not sure 100% if it will solve your problem, but I guess it cannot hurt. Good luck !

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I have Wellington, GSX and NZ NI all installed and working with no complaints from P3D and no large cliffs that should not be there. If you can see the DHL warehouse, there should be a hill behind it but not a cliff. Something is not correct in your setup. Maybe layering?

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

OK the problem seems to have been a layering issue fixed by using the Lorby addon organiser.  Thanks all for your suggestions.

Bruce

• Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."