Sign in to follow this  
TooLowTooSlow

Wow... another bird gone under my (or maybe our) radar !

I was totally unaware that a KC-10 and eventually a DC-10 were currently under development.

Absolutely love the looks of the DC-10 (and why not its military variant), and was surprised not to find a single thread on those here at AVsim.

More info here: https://msfsaddons.com/2022/02/27/aero-dynamics-updates-on-kc-10-dc-10-development-for-msfs/

When and if those birds are ever finished to a highly-detailed standard they could very well become top of the list among my fav rides in msfs.

Certainly wishing the dev team Godspeed on those two 😛

Cheers,

2Low2Slow 

Edited by TooLowTooSlow
  • Like 5

"the team is unable to provide accurate timing estimates for future progress, let alone a potential release date.......... And remember, this will be free!"

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

"the team is unable to provide accurate timing estimates for future progress, let alone a potential release date.......... And remember, this will be free!"

Smells like forever... if ever...

• Like 3

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

1 hour ago, b1bmsgt said:

"the team is unable to provide accurate timing estimates for future progress, let alone a potential release date..........

smells like PMDG, minus the " this will be free!"  😊

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

The definition of baitware 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Not getting excited about anything until I see it in beta stage.

• Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 3/8/2022 at 4:53 PM, blueshark747 said:

Not getting excited about anything until I see it in beta stage.

I agree. Pretty much vaporware hype until it's ready to be released. Showing a couple of renders and a long list of "planned" features doesn't really cut it in my book. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I agree. Pretty much vaporware hype until it's ready to be released. Showing a couple of renders and a long list of "planned" features doesn't really cut it in my book. 

A lot of people would say stay positive, but if you've been in Flight simulation long enough, like myself and I'm assuming you have too, we've been burned soo many times from all these early preview shots and renders in the past. That's why I do agree with a lot of companies now showing progress shots further down the development line. Anyone can go check Fsdevelopers show room and set the dates back lets say to 2006-7 and count how many projects that have been shown and are now dead 😛  

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone be a MSFS developer?

You spend thousands of hours working on a FREE product, providing updates as you go along, and the misery merchants on Avsim attack you for effectively lying, and building 'baitware.'

It's funny how those criticizing this kind of thing is almost ALWAYS those who have contributed absolutely nothing to the community other than their regular injections of cynicism and misery.

The guy above me talks about being 'burned.' What free products have you been burned by? How can you be burned by something that costs you absolutely nothing?

• Like 7

I actually agree with them (The developers)....

Not giving a date or time when you aren't sure you can meet it is the best approach... you give a tentative date, you don't keep it, people scream at you like you slaughtered a puppy.

So yeah, not baitware, smart developers

As someone that's done development work, you have literally no idea the volume of hours that go into creating anything halfway passable... reading people word not allowedting on you always makes you want to work harder 😄 (sarcasm)

Edited by AvAngel

8 hours ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Love the positive vibes at AVsim. Quite something, isn't it? 

It's more realism. In most instances.