Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Rolls Royce is going into the nuclear power business...

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

We are having our second mildest winter in a row.  Can't talk about why.

Perhaps it's because you live in the hottest part of New Mexico, and also one of the warmest climates in the United States?

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Perhaps it's because you live in the hottest part of New Mexico, and also one of the warmest climates in the United States?

Dave

Huh... He means mild relatively. Relative to his usual winter temp. 

45 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I could buy an electric car now and it would perfectly serve my needs

It's easy for you to say that because you live on a tiny island.  Moreover, Western Europe is much more densely populated with towns and cities much closer together than they are in the USA or Australia for example, which makes it an ideal place for electric vehicles.

I also advocate using them in urban areas here, but the charging network must be expanded in a big way.

Do you drive an electric vehicle?  You really have no excuse not to considering where you live.

Dave

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

1 minute ago, dave2013 said:

It's easy for you to say that because you live on a tiny island.

You didn't read all of my reply. I also said would have fitted my needs perfectly when in the UK. In fact most in the UK would be absolutely fine with an electric car.

2 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Moreover, Western Europe is much more densely populated with towns and cities much closer together than they are in the USA or Australia for example,

That was what I said... your video is one mans experience based on his need and his location. I also said that nobody is saying we should all switch to electric cars over night. Its a gradual phasing out of ICE cars when we can. Having said that, I can give you a video of a road trip in the US with an electric car that went swimmingly if you like. 

6 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Do you drive an electric vehicle?  You really have no excuse not to considering where you live

Not sure what you are trying to imply there... bit of a silly thing to say. I don't own a car at all. Of course I have an excuse. 🙄 Its called not having many thousands of pounds to afford one. A car at all in fact. 

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

That's not it Dave.  I've been here for 30 years and these are the warmest winters and hottest summers I've seen.  High 80s to high 90s used to be common in the summertime.   And in the wnter we've had the temperature drop to below zero at least once each season and a lot of temperatures in the teens.  And snowfalls of 1 to 2 feet.  

This winter and last winter are the warmest I've seen.  And so was last summer.

Noel  

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

You really have no excuse not to considering where you live.

When the cost of buying an electric car and the practicality of owning one make sense, then maybe people will actually start considering them.  Until then, it makes no sense unless you are one of the virtue signalers.

• Like 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

Most of our LPG is being shipped to China but if gas is cut off to Europe I read that some of the LPG will be diverted from China and sent to Europe.

Yes as the west diverts LPG from China to Europe then Russia increases LPG to China, what we are seeing here is a major readjustment in trade but the global demand will remain the same. 

Matthew Kane

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

I've been here for 30 years and these are the warmest winters and hottest summers I've seen.

I lived in New Mexico for 14 years.  Roswell, Hobbs, and Carlsbad consistently have the highest temperatures in the state.  Summer temps in that area frequently go over 100F and it has been this way for many decades.

To back up what I'm saying, here's a link to weather underground displaying a temperature graph for July 1980: https://www.wunderground.com/history/monthly/us/nm/roswell/KROW/date/1980-7

Temps were mostly high 90s and over 100.

The same applies to several years I checked in the 1960s and 70s.

The only time it dips below 85 is when the monsoonal storms come through.

Dave

They already have the answer for EV`s they are going to ban the sale of none EV`s at a future date, and they want to ban all cars from city`s Public transport only in the city. but the problem is the raw materials for all this tech is mostly in the East. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

38 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

but the problem is the raw materials for all this tech is mostly in the East. 

Everything Russia has Canada has too, they share pretty much the same regional area of the north, Russia is 6th in the world for natural resources and Canada is 3rd, after this Canada will increase and Russia will decline.

The bulk of the minerals for the North American EV market will come out of Northern Ontario as soon as they start increasing capacity. The North American Auto Industry was always built around the Great Lakes for those reasons, it is mineral rich and the lakes provide a transportation network, all that infrastructure is still there

Matthew Kane

Alright guys, enough on this subject. We’ve gone around and around on this how many times now?

@birdguy Let’s lay off the reactor topics for a while as it seems this get posted, or some version of it, every week.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator