Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

RIP External View

Wow, even with my PC specs at lax I was getting 13 frames with external view on the default 747 and 787.. those most be some crazy models... Back in the cockpit I would get 22 to 25 frames. 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Yes they are very complex Externality

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

8 hours ago, Bill A said:

even with my PC specs at lax I was getting 13 frames with external view on the default 747 and 787.

There is absolutely no good reason for you to have such performance with your specifications. Compared to mine (8700K, 1070, 32 GB RAM) they are stellar and I never experienced what you mention with any plane including the Salty 748 and 787 HD, so this has nothing to do with those planes but everything to do with what you load into the sim when you fly. How many unnecessary scenery add-ons are activated when you fly? Do you use Add-on Linker?

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Default klax, I do have the freeware John Wayne enhancement mod, and the LA water fix mod but those are the only mod in that area. I have AIG traffic enabled also but Default ground traffic disabled. I have addon linker but don't use it. I just add the mods manually to the community folder. 

Edited by Bill A

OP must have an issue with their simulator installation (maybe an addon), configuration or hardware because I'm getting better FPS on generally high settings, with a 10 year old i5 and a GTX980! Although I don't fly the tubeliners, I can't see them being that much more taxing.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Did a test and placed the TBM at the same location...the frames on external view were not to far off from the 748. So has to be a the area of LAX

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Didn't I read somewhere that the water fix mods cause FPS drops?

Where did you read that?  They shouldn't cause FPS drops, as they simply remove water and trees (except for the ones I made in the OC).

I just tested right now at LAX, and the internal and external view has no issues with massive Frame Rate drops as compared with an empty Community folder, all look fine with a 747 or a Cessna.

And this is with a i5 4670k, 16GB of RAM, and RTX2060, and every single WaterFix plus the freeware KSNA in my Community Folder.

Edited by mistercoffee1

55 minutes ago, Bill A said:

Did a test and placed the TBM at the same location...the frames on external view were not to far off from the 748. So has to be a the area of LAX

Is this ONLY happening around LAX?  If not, then something is gravely amiss w/ your hardware or installation that is insanely off for your hardware specs.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'll check San Diego which is one of the main airports I like to depart out of and see what Frames I'm getting there. 

What frames on avarage are you getting with the 747 cockpit when facing the terminals from the cargo area location near the 25L runway 

Wondering what the best nvidia settings for performance are, if that could play some part cause idk what else

Is there a way to get a log of what me sim is doing at moment?

Edited by Bill A

23 minutes ago, Bill A said:

What frames on avarage are you getting with the 747 cockpit when facing the terminals from the cargo area location near the 25L runway 

From Parking Spot 371 and default 747, 1080 resolution, High-End setting:

- with empty Community Folder:  40FPS in cockpit, around 33 panning around external view

- with Community Folder loaded with all WaterFixes, KSNA, Honolulu, freeware bridges, etc:  40FPS in cockpit, around 33 panning around external view

Edited by mistercoffee1
  • Like 1