Sign in to follow this  
gvt

GNT750 real charts

Hello,

I have read several posts but I have not found the right answer.
The software comes with the North America charts. They work well. Why aren´t there any European charts?
If I choose in the settings the Worldwide Jeppesen there isn´t any chart shown. No European ICAO.xxx is in the charts folder.

Second, I have the real files on the SD card from my real GNT Garmin/Jeppesen but everything realted to chards is not read by the XP Reality GNT750.
Any one knows how to change file names or extentions to make them work?

Thanks for any hint.

cheers GVT

Hi GVT,

I do not believe the GTN trainer supports loading of subscribed charts or databases.  

I work with several Garmin engineers, and they have told me that the GTN trainer's database cannot be updated.  The trainer comes with a Garmin US Government terminal chart subscription that corresponds to current with the nav-database.  Again, I don't believe that there is a way to update the chart database or add the Jeppesen chart database to the GTN trainer. I do not believe that there is a way to get the Jeppesen European charts to display on the GTN trainer.

That's my understanding talking with the Garmin engineers. 

Thanks,

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Hello Richard,

Thanky you for your reply.
I wonder if the team of RXP GNT could change the plugin script in the wa, that we could use also png files for the charts like Aerobask is useing it with theyer homemade GNT.
It is a pitty that we European customers have no charts at all. Because the charts of the major airports are also published for free in the countries AIP as used for the North America governal charts.

Hope it will be implemented in the near future.

Karlheinz

Hi,

First of all, the GTN and the GNS can use real database updates and there is a lot of information about this in the dedicated topic here:

NB: I'd recommend you start reading the recommended posts pinned at the top of the topic.

As for the Flightcharts, I'm not sure about these in particular but I'll cross check whether is can be "simple" or a little more "complex" to do.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello, have you found out how to deal with the flightcharts?

...and as you are from RXP, does your plugin for the GNS430 handle the waypoints in a flightplan correctely?

It means, X plane´s GNS430 cancels all previous waypoints before a waypoint used with the direkt to button.
In the real GNS430 this is not the case. All waypoints will reamain in the FLP.

Would you be so kind to test this behavoir with your plug in an the Garmin GNS430 Trainer?

Otherwise the RXP software for the GNS430 is not usebable for my purpose.

many hanks

Karlheinz

@gtv

Hi, I'm sorry for the unusual delay answering your questions.

The RXP GNS look and feel like the real GNS, including its flight plan sequencing and all the other neat Garmin functions, like IRL.

As for the Flight Charts, unfortunately we haven't been spending enough time on this yet, we're very very busy right now on many different projects an a few simulator betas, and this takes most of our times, but I'll make sure to review all this once I can spare time for it.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello, back with XP12. Great.

Do I have to purchase the GNT750 to work in XP12 again or is there a update for it?
Is it now possible to load the european charts?
thank you and Merry Christmas.