Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | NOTAM IV - Feature Updates

58 minutes ago, MarkW said:

According to their website it costs them USD $34,000 per year to operate the servers.  So we should all donate a little something to keep the good times going

I did not know this. I will be heading over to donate now and will contribute monthly. I use this plane almost exclusively and absolutely love it. The fact it keeps getting better and better and they don't ask for a penny is unbelievable. I'll definitely give what I can. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

According to their website it costs them USD $34,000 per year to operate the servers.  So we should all donate a little something to keep the good times going.

This is not how much the servers cost to operate - the budget is how much money OpenCollective projects us to receive in a year based on current balance and recurring donations. I would say the figure is closer to $15,000 USD at the moment, the main expense being CDN costs.

• Like 1

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

Personally I think their next projects should be payware, a380 etc. I’m thinking in more of a feasible business sense. That way they can cover online  costs and be motivated to put out more planes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Personally I think their next projects should be payware, a380 etc. I’m thinking in more of a feasible business sense. That way they can cover online  costs and be motivated to put out more planes. 

You can bet that if they decide to make the A380 pay ware, it’ll be worth every single penny. These guys deserve all the best wishes from the flight sim community. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IcemanFBW said:

This is not how much the servers cost to operate - the budget is how much money OpenCollective projects us to receive in a year based on current balance and recurring donations. I would say the figure is closer to $15,000 USD at the moment, the main expense being CDN costs.

Thanks for the clarification.  I actually had no idea about the costs until I clicked on the Donate button.  I think its great that the finances are open book and the user base can see what it really costs to run such a project.

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Community addons are the future of this platform. Their transparency is a breath of fresh air. FBW and Navigraph are the only add-ons I need. 

• Like 2