Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Old airplanes never die,

they don't fade away... The Air Force announced in September that Rolls-Royce had received the $2.6 billion Commercial Engine Replacement Program contract to keep the B-52 flying into the 2050s — roughly 100 years after the first B-52 was flown"

Plane of the Century!

Amateur's on Youtube... keeping the strum simple to stay on melody and the beat.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This is the sort of music I envisage Chock to be playing.  I would love to hear him have a crack at it. LOL

Great tune by the way.

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Used to have a SAC base near me (Eaker AFB) until 1992.  Back around 1983 I visited the place with the Boy Scouts.  I was only 10 years old at the time and was not really a Boy Scout yet, but I had pull.  Anyway, they kept a certain number of B-52's spooled up, ready to go at a moments notice 24/7.  You could see those big tails moving around in the distance, like a birddog on a scent, always moving.  This was still the Brezhnev/Andropov era and the Cold War was still very much hot.

They even let us inside a B-52 that was parked on the tarmac.  I don't know how or why - maybe it was slated for upgrading and there wasn't anything inside that we didn't need to see -- but at any rate, it had a padded inside fuselage, which I suppose was to help prevent injury during evasive maneuvers.  

Today Eaker is a fraction of what it once was.  I went there again in 2018 and was shocked at what I saw.  Even the gymnasium where we "camped" in 1983 was run down to the point of ruin.  And today, instead of B-52's parked one after the other, now it has dozens of Delta and Eva Air MD-80's parked there...a boneyard.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I worked on the same B-52's at the same Air Base with the same AFSC 2A633 as my dad after he retired (22yrs), one year before I entered.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

This is the sort of music I envisage Chock to be playing.  I would love to hear him have a crack at it. LOL

Great tune by the way.

Tony

Mega Dittos! I thought of Chock's guitar when I saw the video and uploaded it.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:47 AM, Fielder said:

they don't fade away... The Air Force announced in September that Rolls-Royce had received the $2.6 billion Commercial Engine Replacement Program contract to keep the B-52 flying into the 2050s — roughly 100 years after the first B-52 was flown"

Plane of the Century!

Amateur's on Youtube... keeping the strum simple to stay on melody and the beat.

Always a pleasure to see something by the Grateful Dead live😉😁

• Like 2

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

My message here is off topic, but they still argue over why Buddy Holly's plane crashed. Dueling youtube videos on the subject.