Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

tbm900 hotstart or torquesim sr22?

Hi guys,

Last year I tried to learn the zibo/pmdg737 but since i only have 2 ot 3 hours time per week I decided to purchase a smaller plane for a bit easier procedures and shorter flights.

I'm looking at the hotstart 900 and torquesim sr22.  The first one isn't very easy to learn as I understand but maybe a little less time consuming than the airliners.

Also aerobask lancair legacy coms to mind. .

What would you suggest? I have a triple screen setup and a noticed that a 1 piece windscreen is more convenient than a split window which most aircraft have.

I'm looking for a realistic, a bit challenging plane but not too complicated.  The hotstart 650 is very very beautiful but I think that bird will take even more time to learn. ..

Thanks in advance!

Jozeff

Hotstart TBM all day long!

• Upvote 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

I have them both and they are all excellent additions. Can't go wrong either way. You will enjoy them more so than any others in sim.

Edited by Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Ok thanks a lot. Have been looking at the hotstart 900 and reading a lot of positive reviews about it.

Is it less complicated than an airliner?. I have little kids and don't have the time to prepare my plane for an hour although I really like that part.

Thanks guys!

Jozeff

The TBM can be up and running from cold and Dark within 5 min if you get used to it. Practice makes perfect 🙂

Atanas Ayarov

Ok, thanks so far. 

To be honest I keep getting back to these challenger 650 videos on YouTube.... looks very very tempting.  My problem however was not having enough time to learn to fly an airliner properly. I don't know if the hotstart challenger will take even more time.

As far as I know there is a first officer who can do a lot for you and there are checklists all over the place.

What I also like is the possibility to save  the 650 in the exact state as you left it.

In other words: you can make the challenger 650 as hard as you want to but you can also enjoy it without knowing all the bells and whistles and learn them while you use the addon. Is that correct?

Both are unique and completely amazing, in their own categories.

If you want to be able to go into FL300, fly fast, and still land at smaller strips, the TBM900 is just perfect for you. The quality of the Addon is just top notch.

Now, if you want to have a more GA Pilot experience, dealing with Piston Engine, Mixture Fine Tuning, Taking care of CHT, Oil Pressure, all that stuff, the Cirrus SR22 is one of the best addons in the market for this, for me, at the same league as A2A, as far as Piston Engine Simulation goes. It will not be as fast, fly as high, but you really have the GA Pilot experience.

I have both 🙂 And no regrets

• Like 2

Alexis Mefano

All 3 are just fanatastic....they really are.....Cant say anymore.....Hotstart really are in a league of their own.

Regards

Paul EGCC

Similar to earlier posters, I have both the TBM900 and the SR22 (I've got the G1000 version). I think you'll be incredibly happy with either one. The TBM has an excellent tutorial built in on how to start up so that should help you get over the initial learning curve. If you want to get a good idea of what you're in for with either of these two aircraft, have a look at the Reflected Reality YouTube channel. Graeme has put together some excellent tutorial videos on both the SR22

and the TBM 900:

Working your way through these videos will have you feeling comfortable with either aircraft in no time.

P.S. If you *do* decide you want to tackle the CL650 (also highly recommended!), check out Foxtrot Alpha Aviation. He's a real-world CL650 pilot and has posted some seriously in-depth tutorials on the aircraft:

Edited by Malaromane

@jozeff, Cirrus aircraft are extremely simple to learn. A fully decked out SR22T with O2 and FIKI is an extremely capable traveling machine in real life and a blast to fly. In the sim they are so easy to manage…sadly, they are kind of boring. The TBM is a much more interesting plane in the sim. 

Chris