Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

This is the most dishonest thing that ever happenedtomeMSFS

This is the most dishonest thing that ever happened to me with Microsoft Flight Simulator, it's a rip-off and I am very disappointed.

When the simulator first came out I decided to buy the "Game Pass" for a dollar a month mostly to see if my laptop could run the simulator....

I realized that it could and soon in the Marketplace they upload a promotion to do an "Upgrade" from Standard edition to premium Deluxe for something like "60USD". So i bought it..

Obviously I stopped paying for the Xbox Game Pass because I had no reason to continue having the subscription and it was like 5-10USD monthly.. I only use the sim and i just upgrade it so i cancelled my suscription..

With the new Update the simulator did not want to update so I decided to uninstall and reinstall to have a new clean install....

And now it turns out that what I paid in January, I can no longer use it because apparently I paid an upgrade that needs to have the Game Pass active something that nowhere mentioned ...

And what's worse I'm not sure if paying the Game Pass again I can use the simulator in its Premium Deluxe edition.... It sucks and I want my money back....

I honestly don't know how to proceed or where to complain.... I have done nothing but recommend and support the project for the last 2 years.... 

If you google **Microsoft Flight Simulator - "340 FlightSim Credits"** you will find all the people that is in the same situation as me..

now I have a lot of questions...

Do I need to pay the game pass for life to have the full simulator? 
Can i buy the standard version and in the market place I will have the option to upgrade ?
What exactly did i pay?

I'm sorry you're really frustrated, I understand how maddening that can be. But, I doubt you'll be able to solve any issues here. Maybe someone else has experienced this issue?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bdub22 said:

I'm sorry you're really frustrated, I understand how maddening that can be. But, I doubt you'll be able to solve any issues here. Maybe someone else has experienced this issue?

unfortunately, there are many people with this problem...

I'm not the only fool who made the mistake in fact nowhere in the marketplace it said it when I bought the upgrade...

• Like 1

The best thing to do is to forget it ever happened and buy the Steam version.

Many have been disgusted with the MS Marketplace and have gone the Steam route and never looked back. Life is too short to be worried about petty things or a few dollars.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't know for sure, but you probably would  need to either re-establish your game pass subscription, or purchase outright a standard version then hopefully your standard to premium upgrade would work. For sure you would have to purchase with the same account. 

It makes sense, and you can't expect that purchasing a version upgrade would provide a full deluxe version indefinitely. Otherwise why would anyone buy it outright. 

As far as the steam comment, that has nothing to do with the situation you have. 

Edited by OneOfMany
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

You will have to buy either the standard  version, or use  gamepass as the deluxe version is an add on package which requires the Standard edition to work.  I

• Like 2

Harry Woodrow

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

The best thing to do is to forget it ever happened and buy the Steam version.

Many have been disgusted with the MS Marketplace and have gone the Steam route and never looked back. Life is too short to be worried about petty things or a few dollars.

The OP's problem has absolutely no relation at all to the MS Marketplace.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I agree it is a mess.  You could try to dispute it with your bank/credit company.

Or just forget it, buy it on steam and move on.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So if I understand correctly you had the game pass version of MSFS and then bought one of the premium or deluxe addons for MSFS ?

If that is the case your addon should still work fine PROVIDING you have the actual base game, either the game pass or the MS (not steam) standard edition - PROVIDING they are both purchased with the same MS account / user name . 

You CANNOT transfer or use an MS account purchased addon like Deluxe or Premium with a different MS account or with a Steam version of the base game.  Your addon WILL work providing the account it belongs to also has a standard base game installed for it to attach to.  This is no different to some other game on say Steam, where if you buy DLC for a game on Steam you cannot then use that on a game on a different Steam account.

The issue seems to be the deluxe/premium updates are just addons, basically DLC,  and do not include the base game.  MS need to make that a bit clearer. The addons need a base game installed and that base game must be installed into the same account the Delux/premium addon is attached to.

TLDR The simplest solution is probably just pickup the standard version of the base game on the SAME ACCOUNT you purchased the addon upgrade  - however talk to support first and make sure it is going to work before spending more money.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 5

Sorry, I do not think there's anything dishonest, but you missed probably a bit of reading which version is the right for you. It is clearly written in any version before you buy, what you need for what package

You play this game since autumn 2020 and haven't known which versions are there?

Maybe this thread helps a bit:

Upgrading from Standard (Games Pass) to Premium (owned) - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

• Like 10

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

57 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Or just forget it, buy it on steam and move on.

If he buys the Steam version he also will need to buy the upgrade again, or pay for a full upgraded version.

If he gets the Standard base game with the same account where he got the Upgrade, it SHOULD show up in game and work, though it may be sensible to raise a support ticket before spending any money just t be sure,

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 5

I bought MSFS through MS Store and have had zero problems with anything. Updates are quick and simple. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Sorry, I do not think there's anything dishonest, but you missed probably a bit of reading which version is the right for you. It is clearly written in any version before you buy, what you need for what package

You play this game since autumn 2020 and haven't known which versions are there?

Maybe this thread helps a bit:

Upgrading from Standard (Games Pass) to Premium (owned) - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Could you go a head an take a screenshot of the marketplace where it said "upgrade to a Premium Deluxe".. Lets see what it said.. Maybe im just an word not allowed and i will apologize..

mp.jpg

Maybe I do not understand what exactly happened then to you?

However, you need the base package and everything whould work. even without any re-installation.
if you go to the Steam version, you indeed buy again, as others already said.

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 2

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester