Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

News from FsLabs...good!

4 minutes ago, MarkW said:

That's his choice, I have moved on and looking forward to clearly announced projects in MSFS that are of interest to me.

You surprise me Mark. I always had you down as one of the hard core FSL Concorde users.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Its really annoying that they are not clear about the path forward on projects and to which sim they will apply.  

Agreed.  Not much to the updates to be honest if you read into them.  

I read it as some new offset and hold logic plus if you own the SL you will at some point in the future be able to use the EFB in non-SL, a 330 project that's still getting resources assigned to it and a Concorde that's been in progress for "some time" (Years) that still has nothing to show us and dissapointigly is apparently still being modelled with no mention of Beta or release.

Oh and a screenshot with no information behind it if you go to their FB page first 😞  

Appreciate the effort and them sharing "something" but sadly nothing that excited me personally.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

43 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You surprise me Mark. I always had you down as one of the hard core FSL Concorde users.

I am and I have P3D v5 but I still have lots of problems with the Device Hung CTD.  I am asking myself do I really want to pay $100+ USD for a Concorde that might crash 4 times every flight.  I am not willing to take that risk....and deal with the frustration of it.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

51 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I am and I have P3D v5 but I still have lots of problems with the Device Hung CTD.  I am asking myself do I really want to pay $100+ USD for a Concorde that might crash 4 times every flight.  I am not willing to take that risk....and deal with the frustration of it.  

I thought the Registry edits and drivers 471.96 would have resolved those for you. Oddly, I got the error today but it was when I was on the ground and switching views inside and out. A two hour flight from Madrid to Amsterdam was fine as are all my other flights over several months.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

That's his choice, I have moved on and looking forward to clearly announced projects in MSFS that are of interest to me.

Same here. I want specific engine/sharklet variants when flying the A320 that Fenix will only release later on after the CFM/wing tip fence version, so while my money is on Fenix with regards to MSFS, FSL aren't completely out of the picture for me yet. It's indeed annoying how they can't publish a few words on MSFS. I understood why in the beginning, but the sim has been out for 2 (!) years now and we are even close to the complex airliners hitting the market, while FSL still won't say if they are even considering MSFS. That hint in their control center is about the only thing I've seen.

Edited by threegreen
censoring the censor software
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I thought the Registry edits and drivers 471.96 would have resolved those for you. Oddly, I got the error today but it was when I was on the ground and switching views inside and out. A two hour flight from Madrid to Amsterdam was fine as are all my other flights over several months.

The registry edits have worked fine for me. I've done LHR-IAD-MIA, or an LHR-RVN-LHR with no issues. It does help a lot.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Has FsLabs released any official statement on their stance regarding MSFS? Will be interesting to see what they come up with as there are some pretty significant competition when it comes to Airbus around now.     

1 hour ago, james42 said:

Has FsLabs released any official statement on their stance regarding MSFS? Will be interesting to see what they come up with as there are some pretty significant competition when it comes to Airbus around now.     

I am wondering if they are keeping quiet about their FS20 plans because of the competition that the Fenix A320 is going to bring to that platform, I would love to see how these 2 are going to measure up, but based on the features announced by the Fenix team, it will be a a challenge for FSL to surpass what Fenix has announced. Competition is healthy so I am looking forward to see what these 2 will deliver on their release date. But I agree with others that it would be nice of FSL to share a bit more and keep us looking forward to their upcoming projects, giving us bits here and there is not really doing it for me tbh....

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

I understood why in the beginning, but the sim has been out for 2 (!) years now and we are even close to the complex airliners hitting the market, while FSL still won't say if they are even considering MSFS. That hint in their control center is about the only thing I've seen.

I can understand their dilemma. Imagine if they said they would now develop a Concorde for MSFS. Of course it would take a considerable length of time (years?) for it to be released but it could impact quite severely on P3D sales. Many might decide that biding their time is preferable to buying Concorde now only to have to buy it again in a few years. All that time invested in a P3D Concorde would be wasted.

It’s probably the most difficult time for aircraft developers there’s even been. I can understand why they’re keeping their cards close to their chest. Much time and effort has been invested in P3D - a very advanced and stable platform.

Imagine if LM announces that v6 will have satellite scenery and will be streamed. If the scenery is of the same quality as MSFS that would bring the two sims back on equal footing. LM could be at an advantage with a single product rather than the plethora of options the rival offers.

Exciting times for fans but the opposite for developers.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

In which year will they actually release them?

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

12 minutes ago, MarkW said:

The registry edits have helped a lot but I still get the crashes once in a while. 

What drivers are you running Mark?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Okay, those are the ones I’ve stayed with. Not much more I can add really. ☹️

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good news indeed. However I'm afraid it will take a long time for them to release a new product. Even the Sharklet variants took them years (admittedly, they also feel like a new/different aircraft). The NEO variants are even more advanced. On the other hand... I never seem to tire of the existing aircraft. So it's good they're retrofitting the non-SL ones with the EFB. Much needed.

• Like 1