Sign in to follow this  
ywg256

AC scenery and Alpine scenery

Hi all wondering if anyone has purchased product from either of these developers who seem to be covering cities. One seems more detailed than the other. I am considering trying them out but wouldnt mind some opinions...some look pretty good while others not so much.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Hey there, I've picked up a few of them and they've been a bit hit or miss personally. Generally, I'd say these products leave a little to be desired in the quality of 3D-object modeling and texturing, but they make up for that in size & scope of the regions (and also for bringing representation to areas that are otherwise sorely lacking in P3D!). The Saudi Arabia packages don't appear to include much autogen (I suspect these devs are using OpenStreetMap data for generating autogen, and there really isn't much data to build from within Saudi Arabia). That said, I feel like they're improving with each release (check out the newly released Montreal package, which includes seasonal photoscenery for example), and the pricing is reasonable.

Some additional input, based on my preferences:

-----------

Alpine CapeTown - Disappointing lack of autoogen. Photoscenery area is impressively large, but I personally hate the flat pancake feel of photoscenery without 3D objects, so this was a disappointing product for me. It's currently uninstalled, but on a slow weekend day I might try and merge some of the 3D Objects from the package with ORBX LC Africa, which includes a great rendition of Cape Town. Wouldn't recommend at this time, personally. 👎

Alpine Abu Dhabi - Significant improvement to Abu Dhabi. Good number of custom city objects (Ferrari museum/center, grand mosque, etihad towers) and large quantity of autogen for the city. It is missing some autogen a little in-land from AUH. Friendly FPS, initial testing shows it works fine with Simbreeze OMAA scenery. Haven't flown much into OMAA yet, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Definitely worth considering if you can grab it on sale. 💸

Alpine Atlanta - Large photoscenery area, large quantities of autogen, good updates to downtown proper. FPS friendly. Includes Atlanta's giant new stadium. Recommended for any ATL fliers, and pretty cheap too. 👍

AC Dakar - Again, large photoscenery area (with some color inconsistencies), and large quantities of autogen. Few custom objects, mostly autogen, but a good update to Dakar nonetheless. Not sure I'd pay the full price for this one, but this could provide good value to West Africa fliers if you can grab it on sale. 💸

AC Antalya v2 - If you're going to buy one, this is the one I recommend the most. The photoscenery area is absolutely gigantic. It covers practically the entire Gulf of Antalya, from south of Kemer on the Western side, to beyond Alanya on the Eastern side. Significant quantities of autogen across the entire photoscenery region, compatible with both JustSim LTAI Antalya AND JustSim LTFG Alanya/Gazipasa. Highly recommended for any European/Turkish holiday fliers. 👍

AC San Francisco - I don't own this, but previously lived in the region, and am not impressed by the previews of this product. It appears to have no custom objects, so the rendition of the city is identical to default P3D - just with updated photoscenery and autogen. This means the significant expansion of downtown San Francisco - south of Market St (Salesforce Tower, 181 Fremont St, One Rincon Hill, Transbay Terminal, Renovated Ferry Building) - are ALL missing. So SF is probably great for anyone looking for a circa-2000 version of downtown San Francisco, but I wouldn't expect a modern rendition of the city with this product. It also looks like its using the default P3D objects for the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge. 👎

-----------

Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 10 64bit | Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi | i9-10900k + ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 | 12GB EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 | 64GB Corsair LPX DDR4 3600 | 2x 2TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO | 1x 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO | 3x Thermaltake PWM Fans | EVGA SuperNOVA 220 80+ Gold 850W  | InWin 303C

I like their atlanta one.  Nothing major.  But a nice update.  Really wish they would do a boston one.  The aerosoft boston city scenery is somewhat useless as it is daytime only.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Great feedback thank you. I think i will leave for now and maybe get montreal if it ever goes on sale

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

2 hours ago, ywg256 said:

Great feedback thank you. I think i will leave for now and maybe get montreal if it ever goes on sale

I just picked up montreal after reading this.  Hopefully it's good.  I fly there a TON.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

FYI. Just noticed on simmarket that alpine has put out a houston scenery also.  Picking it up now as I was happy with their atlanta and charlotte.  

worth the price I am guessing? how is the autogen?

seems ok.  not as good as their atlanta.