Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Required Global/Base add-ons for V5

Recommended Posts

I've just removed Vector by uninstalling in Orbx Central...is this all I have to do? Do I have to do anything else to remove it? It was installed in the P3D5 folder.
 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I've just removed Vector by uninstalling in Orbx Central...is this all I have to do? Do I have to do anything else to remove it? It was installed in the P3D5 folder.
 

Personally I am uncertain but I don't think so.  My guess is you should have uninstalled it from within Central then uninstalled Central.  I don't know that removing Central removes all your Orbx add-ons.  I would think so though...  


Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, psolk said:

Personally I am uncertain but I don't think so.  My guess is you should have uninstalled it from within Central then uninstalled Central.  I don't know that removing Central removes all your Orbx add-ons.  I would think so though...  

I'm not trying to remove Orbx totally (going to keep Global), just want to remove Vector.
Does uninstalling it in Orbx Central totally remove it and replace the original files?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, BWBriscoe said:

I'm not trying to remove Orbx totally (going to keep Global), just want to remove Vector.
Does uninstalling it in Orbx Central totally remove it and replace the original files?

I misread I apologize!!!  I thought you wrote that you uninstalled Central LOL... There was discussion from @Ray Proudfoot in the other thread about Vector and Global installs/uninstalls and I think it varied based on install location but again I'm not sure if that was just Global or Vector as well.  Not sure if anyone else can assist, apologies for not taking the time to read what you wrote correctly! 


Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

@psolk and @BWBriscoe, I don't have Vector but from my understanding only FS Global replaces default files when installed inside P3D.

I would imagine it has an entry in either scenery.cfg or in an addon.xm so disabling that should disable it. An uninstall on Orbx Central is the best way of course.

  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@psolk and @BWBriscoe, I don't have Vector but from my understanding only FS Global replaces default files when installed inside P3D.

I would imagine it has an entry in either scenery.cfg or in an addon.xm so disabling that should disable it. An uninstall on Orbx Central is the best way of course.

Thank you Ray, didn't mean to put you on the spot but remembered a similar conversation.  Appreciate you helping out. 

  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@psolk and @BWBriscoe, I don't have Vector but from my understanding only FS Global replaces default files when installed inside P3D.

I would imagine it has an entry in either scenery.cfg or in an addon.xm so disabling that should disable it. An uninstall on Orbx Central is the best way of course.

Thanks Ray. How would I disable in the scenery.cfg or in an addon.xm?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Thanks Ray. How would I disable in the scenery.cfg or in an addon.xm?

I’d only do that if you wanted to do a quick comparison. Judging by others’ comments it introduces stutters so I’d be inclined to uninstall it via ORBX Central. The relevant entries in scenery.cfg etc. will be removed automatically.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’d only do that if you wanted to do a quick comparison. Judging by others’ comments it introduces stutters so I’d be inclined to uninstall it via ORBX Central. The relevant entries in scenery.cfg etc. will be removed automatically.

Great thanks. I've already uninstalled it through Orbx Central. I wasn't sure if anything residual was left that needed removing manually

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Great thanks. I've already uninstalled it through Orbx Central. I wasn't sure if anything residual was left that needed removing manually

Negative. 👍


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

I've just moved to V5 (last Saturday, in fact). I installed only Global, Buildings, TerraFlora and OpenLC for the Americas. I still need to check about mesh (I have the free South America mesh), but without the need for Vector, I feel the sim is going smoother, a lot more than V4. Now I'm looking for some airport textures, but if my search fails, I'll open a new thread just for that.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:23 PM, psolk said:

OpenLC is still a large investment.  To do the globe is $200+ USD.   Looking at the preview videos it may look better in some areas with OpenLC but I didn't see a $200+ difference in the preview vids.

Around $100 as of now: 

 

  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4.4 GHz, 2x8 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (yeah, G-Sync compatible), Windows 10 Pro. Runing P3D 5.3 and MSFS2020 there.

Mobile rig: ASUS TUF FX504GD (Intel i5 8300H @ 2.3-3.7 GHz; 2x8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM; Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB; 256 GB M.2 SSD + 1 TB SATA III SSD as storage; Windows 10 Home). Running P3D 4.5, FSX-SE and FS9 there.

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I've just moved to V5 (last Saturday, in fact). I installed only Global, Buildings, TerraFlora and OpenLC for the Americas. I still need to check about mesh (I have the free South America mesh), but without the need for Vector, I feel the sim is going smoother, a lot more than V4. Now I'm looking for some airport textures, but if my search fails, I'll open a new thread just for that.

Around $100 as of now: 

 

Yep, picked up the whole globe 🙂     Like you I'm trying to figure out Mesh now as well.  I have Toposim. but not sure if it is any better than default.

Also, are people using Dynamic Texture Streaming?  I have a 12700 with a 3080ti   Is that why I see slightly blurry textures until I get closer?  Does disabling that load the full quality texture?   Trying to figure out a slight blurriness in the distance.  

Otherwise I agree, from what I have seen V5 looks much better.  

I am still on the fence about the Ultimate Terrain series.  Going without for right now.  

  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, psolk said:

I am still on the fence about the Ultimate Terrain series.  Going without for right now.  

I uninstalled it. That series is years old. P3Dv5 data is more up to date.

  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I uninstalled it. That series is years old. P3Dv5 data is more up to date.

Yes, tending to agree as I am half way between KEWR-KMIA right now without it and pleasantly surprised.  Forgot to pay attention to some of the more minor rolling hills to see how well they were depicted from a mesh perspective.  

My other struggle is lighting.  I have never used EA before as it wasn't in V4 obviously.  I am finding it all a bit washed out.  Shutting off Auto-Exposure has helped, brightness at 85%, bloom is quite low as I found it caused much too prominent a reflection and brightness at 100%  Still it's all a bit washed out.  

I see there is another thread regarding best cloud/sky combination so I will see if I can find any tips there.

***********************

Also, very important but my first departure resulted in frequent 2-3 second pauses and I couldn't figure out why.  It turns out Process Lasso was the cause.  It was inadvertently elevating random application priorities without me realizing.  It seemed to be part of it's automatic performance mode.  Any app that used CPU got elevated.  Never seen that before but also never used any of the preset performance modes before.  Resetting all other processes to normal resolved the issue and 5.3 is now butter smooth.  It was just interesting to see the application I was using to enhance P3D performance was causing it to lost priority!  

Worth noting if anyone else has Process Lasso and sees random 2-3 second pauses that the sim always recovers from... 

On to tackle the sky and then move forward with customizing all my keystrokes 🙂     


Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I still need to check about mesh (I have the free South America mesh)

Last night I did a flight around both SKBG and SKBO. I know very well these places, well enough to know that SKBO is not in a plateau as default FS9/FSX/P3D1-4 show. I couldn't find that plateau in v5 😄

Looks like I'll do fine without mesh in this side of the world. But I'll definitely need a very good one for St.Barths

  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4.4 GHz, 2x8 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (yeah, G-Sync compatible), Windows 10 Pro. Runing P3D 5.3 and MSFS2020 there.

Mobile rig: ASUS TUF FX504GD (Intel i5 8300H @ 2.3-3.7 GHz; 2x8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM; Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB; 256 GB M.2 SSD + 1 TB SATA III SSD as storage; Windows 10 Home). Running P3D 4.5, FSX-SE and FS9 there.

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...