Sign in to follow this  
kevchris

MSFS 2020 - Hiccup then CTD

Hello Everyone -

Just one more message about what many of us are apparently suffering from - constant CTDs with MSFS 2020.  It is so frustrating to try and use a sim that has such exciting features and beautiful graphics, but, at least from my experience, is so very unstable.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product numerous times, made certain that Windows had the latest updates, ensured that I had the latest video drivers, etc.   I do not know what the rest of you experience, but sometimes it will crash immediately when it loads, sometimes it will crash when I click the "earth" to set up my flight's starting point, and sometimes it will crash at anytime during the flight.   I do notice this however, the game seems to "hiccup" which can be detected both as a sound and visual anomoly.  In fact the hiccup is a 2-5 second warning that I can expect the inevitable crash and I am back to square one.

Now I know most of us are experiencing problems, but what are those lucky people doing that we are not doing when they report they are having no CTDs, and presenting outstanding videos of their flights on YouTube.   I need to learn their secret.   Anyway, if anyone can assist me I would sure appreciate it.  Here are some of my questions:

• When doing a full uninstall, I know I am missing the removal of something, as after I re-install I see remnants of the old installation are still with me - such as the window asking if I want to start in safe mode or normal mode - this is where I left on before uninstalling.   Are there any folders that I am not manually removing?   Can someone advise me as to where they are?
  • Are any of the CTDs related to add-ons such as the FBW A32x?
  • Is it possible that the latest Nvidia drivers are causing the CTD and if I revert back to an older driver, I may solve the problem?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   My computer specs are below if that helps.

Best regards,

Kevin MacDonald

[QTY: 1] Jetline Gravity GT2 Flight Simulation PC (2020 Model) … Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit) Chassis: NZXT H510 Mid-Tower, Black Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus PRO AX, LGA 1151 Processor: Intel 10th Gen Core i7 10700K (5.1GHz Boost Clock) Eight-Core CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling System Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB Graphics Processor: 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super, GDDR6 System Power: 850-Watt EVGA Gold Series Power Supply Sound Card: 5.1 Channel High Definition Integrated Audio Storage Drive: 1TB Rocket NVMe M.2 (SSD) Storage Drive 2: None Selected Optical Drive: No Included CD/DVD Drive Networking: Wired High-Speed Internet Ready (10/100/1000) Networking: Integrated 802.11ac Wireless (WiFi) Card

Be sure you're not using any overclock of any kind. Also want to make sure you Win 10 is current. Latest is 21H2 19044.1586

Also follow this...

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

I had my 4000 Mhz memory DIMM's (64 Gb total) set to 3600 Mhz in BIOS and had constant crashes. Installed Windows 11, reinstalled MSFS, installed the latest drivers, all to no avail. Then I lowered the frequency to 2400 Mhz and the crashes were gone, even with the most demanding addons. No noticeable degradation of smoothness or graphic quality. I can't guarantee that's the solution to everyones problems, but its worth trying.

Paul

I get them too. It's so hard to pinpoint if it's a plane, a scenery, a region.

Lately it's the Fenix and only if I'm in Europe. I few the Fenix in US and no crashes. I'm just trying to gather some data over time to see if there's any pattern to it, but it's not easy.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU