Sign in to follow this  
garlicbread11

Concorde release 30/3/22

17 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Ray, I thought you remembered that we were both on the ConcordeX beta team

That must be around 10 years ago Soren. Sorry, my memory is hazy from that time. I didn't fly her much in FSX as my PC just wasn't powerful enough.

Anyway, I've found a nice short flight for you. Tokyo Narita - Hong Kong. 1850nm. Perhaps a little longer to avid the islands to the south of Japan. If you're interested I can create a plan using PFPX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That must be around 10 years ago Soren. Sorry, my memory is hazy from that time. I didn't fly her much in FSX as my PC just wasn't powerful enough.

Anyway, I've found a nice short flight for you. Tokyo Narita - Hong Kong. 1850nm. Perhaps a little longer to avid the islands to the south of Japan. If you're interested I can create a plan using PFPX.

What routes do you recommend?

I'm interested in these:

Paris to Rio de Janeiro

London to Bahrain

London to NYC

Paris to NYC

Paris to Washington DC

NYC to Rio

NYC to Mexico City

Dallas to Washington DC

Manila to Kai Tak

LA to Sydney

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@DJJose, be aware that the flights over the continental US were flown subsonic. Mach 0.95 around FL350.

Concorde's range is around 3,900 nautical miles so some of your routes would require a stop-over for refuelling.

I suggest if you're new to Concorde you fly the Heathrow - JFK route which is probably the one recommended by the developer. If not, he can best advise.

What type of flight plan can MSFS accept? Same as P3D or a different format? As I use PFPX it's limited as the type of plan it can export as it's no longer supported.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One of the best short routes is JFK - Barbados

New York – Barbados

(FPL-BAW9077C-IS
-CONC/H-SRWXY/C
-KJFK1630
-N0560F290 KENNEDY9 DCT SHIPP/M200F430 A523 LINND/M200F500F600 A523 GRANN DCT 1800N06100W/N0540F390 DCT 1321N0593748W DCT BGI
-TBPB0215 TAPA
-REG/GBOAF SEL/AGEJ EET/GRANN0025 TJZS0145 TTZP0158 TCASEQUIPPED DOF/040504 IFP/RVSMVIOLATION ORGN/KJFKBAWO)

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

It looks like a fairly thourough simmulation ...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'm not quite sure what to expect to be honest. I can't see how it would be possible to fly Concorde solo? John Hutchinson said it was very easy to fly but very difficult to manage. Have DC designs coded an AI engineer and if so how well?

This chap is an accomplished pilot who flew Hawks for the RAF.

Many of you will be familiar with the Mach Loop in Wales. It’s used by both RAF and US pilots for low-level training exercises.

This is some great flying... 

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It has cockpit quality of FS2004 standard. This is how bad the VC look. No PBR, No shadow, just awful low texture and low polygon count. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

28 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm not quite sure what to expect to be honest. I can't see how it would be possible to fly Concorde solo? John Hutchinson said it was very easy to fly but very difficult to manage. Have DC designs coded an AI engineer and if so how well?

There will almost certainly be a virtual FE who will handle the fuel balancing. That leaves you free to fly the aircraft. Whether it’s configurable so you can do everything I’m sure the developer will answer.

I do both jobs with the P3D v3 version after much reading of the manual. Once configured for takeoff with a CG of 53 or 53.5 the fuel is not touched until Mach 0.7 when it starts to be moved rearwards.

At a CG of 55 the pumps are turned off until reaching the accel point.

At the accel point pumping restarts until tank 11 is filled to a calculated amount. Usually 10,500Kg. Any remaining fuel in 9 and 10 is transferred to tanks 5 and 8 which feed 1&2 and 3&4 respectively.

At that point fuel in the wing tip tanks 5A and 7A is pumped into 5 and 8.

By the time 9 and 10 are empty the CG should be at 59 where it should remain until the decel point.

At that point the 10.5T of fuel is moved forward to 5 and 8 to keep the four main tanks supplied. A small amount will be transferred to tank 9 to ensure CG is around 52 for landing.

At that point the only fuel remaining will be in tanks 1-4 with a small amount in 9 for balancing.

That’s how it was done in the real Concorde. 👍

I’ve omitted tanks 6 and 7 for clarity. The fuel in those is used when 5 and 8 is exhausted. They also feed 1&2 and 3&4.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

It has cockpit quality of FS2004 standard. This is how bad the VC look. No PBR, No shadow, just awful low texture and low polygon count. 

Agree, that it's not top notch VC - but to be honest, it's not THAT bad, IMO. But do remember, that this is a $40 aircraft/addon - not $90 or $100. Actually I think it looks quite okay for what you're paying (but that's my personal opinion) and the system depth looks fairly thourough also. 

Then again, that's just my opinion.

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I watched the stream, and I still have no idea how complex the system modelling is. Fabio (the streamer) was just clueless how to do anything. He literally couldn't find the switches and ended up reloading the plane on the runway. Now that still doesn't tell me what is modelled to what extent, like at all. Even the Virtualcol airliners would seem highly complex when my wife tried to get the engine started... so I'd love someone to stream it who already used the Concorde before, preferably the FSL Concorde.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I watched the stream, and I still have no idea how complex the system modelling is. Fabio (the streamer) was just clueless how to do anything. He literally couldn't find the switches and ended up reloading the plane on the runway. Now that still doesn't tell me what is modelled to what extent, like at all. Even the Virtualcol airliners would seem highly complex when my wife tried to get the engine started... so I'd love someone to stream it who already used the Concorde before, preferably the FSL Concorde.

While I'm sure that some issues are still present since it's a pre-release build, it's pretty crazy to go into a stream of an aircraft like the concorde without reading the manual and testing it beforehand. 

It's indeed basically impossible to understand what's an issue with the aircraft and what's an issue with the streamer. Those were literally 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. 

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

and yet vendors continue to give our streamer overlords early access to hype their products 😄

interesting video up there with it flying the mac loop, but sure not sure I agree when he says who cares if the flight model is realistic as long as he's having fun!

52 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Yes, I was surprised to see this. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png