Sign in to follow this  
garlicbread11

Concorde release 30/3/22

I didn't know that having PBR textures was a feature you need to pay for in a modern flight simulation. I know it's just a 40$ product and we have to give them some slack but this is a very poor attempt for 40$.  I guess this is a product for the guys who just want to brag they are flying a concorde. Even the sonic boom is not implemented. This is very basic. I saw Fabio landing it like it was a Cessna 172 , stopping on break after 300 feet. Like that would happen if it was a Concorde. So at this point, this is more of a toy than an simulation of an aircraft. Like anything DC Design has done previously. You can't expect more for that type of product. If you buy it knowing this before you investing it, it's fine with me. I am just afraid some will buy this product thinking it's like FSlabs which is obviously not.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

6 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am just afraid some will buy this product thinking it's like FSlabs which is obviously not.

What a strange fear to have. 

Incidentally, "PBR Textures" isn't a thing. PBR is a rendering method that defines how materials interact with the light according to physics (hence "physically-based rendering"). It's not something you "pay" for (and it isn't hard to do. DC Designs has PBR on several aircraft and on the Concorde istelf). But it does have a cost in terms of performance. Obviously, some compromises had to be made, likely due to the complexity of the flight deck.

I suggest researching what you're talking about before talking about developers' work with so much scorn. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

Okay @fogboundturtle, you’ve had a good say on how you feel about the product. Now why don’t you refrain from any further negative posts until you’ve bought it and can give the developer some constructive criticism.

Just slagging it off is not justified when you’re viewing it through others videos.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This thread has become full of blatant hypocrisy and double standards...😏

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The way some people love to hate does confuse me sometimes. I don't like Citroen cars, but I don't troll forums about them nor make up silly comparisons just to feed an ego.

The entire cockpit is in fact PBR. The flight model is right on the numbers across the flight envelope using data from the real Concorde. The sonic boom is there - but as I mentioned on the stream via message, the ( huge ) custom sound pack from Sim Acoustics doesn't even get here until tomorrow morning. The fuel system is fully functional. The engines can be started directly from the engineer's panel in about 5-steps, but Fabio seemed to struggle to get them going. Not his fault, he doesn't know the airplane yet.

Whenever a high-profile flight-sim release is about to be published, and I've had several now, there are always a handful who show up and seem unable to accept that a product that is not aimed at them will not be changed for them. The Internet seems to feed such people, but they are so utterly overwhelmed by those who buy and enjoy the aircraft I build that I no longer pay attention to them. That said, my plans for this year do involve slowing down production and focusing much more on upgrades and detail - MSFS can support it easily now so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in.

The reason I can afford to do that is that my aircraft have sold so many copies, and have such a strong following with such high Marketplace ratings, that I have the luxury of time now. Not bad for such "terrible" products, eh? I wonder how that happened.... 😆

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, DC1973 said:

The reason I can afford to do that is that my aircraft have sold so many copies, and have such a strong following with such high Marketplace ratings, that I have the luxury of time now. Not bad for such "terrible" products, eh? I wonder how that happened.... 😆

Well, to be honest, sale numbers never were a quality attribute... I am sure Bredok planes have good sale numbers too...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Such a cool, iconic airplane. There is one at the museum of flight near Seattle that I have had the pleasure of going onboard. Very small, tight cabin... but makes sense for the job its doing... and who cares as you cross the Atlantic in that kind of time. 

44 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I haven’t seen much of his video but others have suggested he’s not familiar with how to fly Concorde. This is very different to Boeing and Airbus so I’d take his views and flying skills with a pinch of salt. Wait until @MarkW has tried it because he does know what he’s doing and is an expert on Concorde.

@Ray Proudfoot - I was wondering this release would tempt you to buy MSFS and give us your expert opinion on the DC Designs Concorde!

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Well, to be honest, sale numbers never were a quality attribute... I am sure Bredok planes have good sale numbers too...

Folks have been enjoying and content with the Bredok 737 and Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante for over a year now with their low level of visual quality but all of a sudden want to inspect DC's Concorde with a super critical fine microscope.

Meanwhile the Trislander is another highly anticipated upcoming release where the low visual craftsmanship quality can be ignored with extreme bias because it's conveniently all of a sudden "more about flight dynamics simulation over visuals anyway"

The same people here pick and choose what developer they want to wave pitchforks at every time.😒

• Like 3

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

As a working texture artist I concur that the cockpit is not up to PMDG standards, better than FSX, yes a bit but not what we now expect in this new sim.

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

20 minutes ago, AnkH said:

And awful ratings. It's when you're getting both sales and positive ratings that you know the business model is good.

Comparing what I do, to what PMDG or similar do, is also pretty irrelevant - I don't charge their big prices for my airplanes. It's not really possible to provide *everything* and keep the price sensible, especially in these tough economic times. My success is largely down to the fact that this level of airplane is what the majority want - if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't be making a living out of it. Still, to repeat the point I made above that some are conveniently ignoring, I do actually want to reach that visual level that MSFS is capable of supporting and now have the time to explore it.

Edited by DC1973
extra line
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Folks have been enjoying and content with the Bredok 737 and Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante for over a year now with their low level of visual quality but all of a sudden want to inspect DC's Concorde with a super critical fine microscope.

You do not seriously think those "folks" that enjoyed the Bredok 737 and those that critizise the visuals of this Concorde are the same persons, right?

3 minutes ago, DC1973 said:

And awful ratings. It's when you're getting both sales and positive ratings that you know the business model is good.

Comparing what I do, to what PMDG or similar do, is also pretty irrelevant - I don't charge their big prices for my airplanes. It's not really possible to provide *everything* and keep the price sensible, especially in these tough economic times. My success is largely down to the fact that this level of airplane is what the majority want - if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't be making a living out of it. Still, to repeat the point I made above that some are conveniently ignoring, I do actually want to reach that visual level that MSFS is capable of supporting and now have the time to explore it.

I think I just want more out of an aircraft than the "majority" of MSFS users want, like quite a lot people here on Avsim. That's probably why your products are received quite differently here in comparison to how they are rated on the marketplace. That's not something "bad", it's just different target groups. I appreciate you being honest about your goals and business decisions.

Here at Avsim everything gets compared to PMDG standards...unless its the new Fenix A320 project where no track record of solid products nor quality customer service is needed. The hype and biased cheerleading is plentiful with just a few screenshots of  glowing turbine fan blades .🙃🤣

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's not something "bad", it's just different target groups.

You nailed it with that sentence!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K