Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

SAS MD80 into LOWI

DISCLAIMER:  The NDA for the Leonardo MD80 has been partially lifted for the beta testers to start showing screens and videos.  The following screens represent the latest beta build, but not necessarily the final release build.  I am not allowed to answer any detailed questions about features/functions other than what Leonardo has officially released thus far.  Please just enjoy the pics 🙂

Grabbed some shots on arrival to one of the most picturesque places on the planet, and of course wonderfully recreated by Orbx.

Heading to TULSI intersection to join TULSI3A arrival

I0y0zB.png

Sun in my eyes (should have showed you guys the visor, which works.) 🙂 

67hPby.png

Dropping into the valley

6afDdo.png

Runway in sight

xMe9Zw.png

Majestic mountains all around

JdmhLB.png

3shA56.png

oakU70.png

Short final

wiFd2z.png

Passengers get a stunning view on either side of the plane

wEk95b.png

ZLCTNk.png

Pretty good crab into the direct crosswind!

wZvcPg.png

Safely down, Buckets out, slowing the classic girl down...check out that wind sock! 😲

dGhNII.png

Spotter was laying in the grass and crawled to the runway edge to snap these shots....he's in custody now. 🙂 

SVpLLL.png

hScOzx.png

Ahh...Innsbruck

HOlnQJ.png

Rear door down....

2y8GFs.png

Had to pop the airstairs at this gate.

3iSNtB.png

Final pic....this poor spotter heard an old SAS MD was heading to LOWI and stayed out all night...motionless, to get some shots....Poor guy has a dusting of snow on him and his camera....maybe he's frozen up there!  Talk about a FREEZE FRAME!🤣

qnLp8b.png

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

My man coming out with the wing views. Thats first class service folks! First class!!!!

Thank you sir!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

9 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

My man coming out with the wing views. Thats first class service folks! First class!!!!

Thank you sir!

Hehe, thought I'd stay ahead of the request curve. 😉   I've spent my life trying to proactive vs reactive, a trait everyone should strive for.

I had a few more wing views that didn't make the cut as I was bumping against the max pics count.  They were not much different than the ones i posted.

EDIT:  Noted you mentioned "First Class" twice in your post.  Whether you intentionally meant it regarding my rank when I was in the Navy or not, I was referred to as a "First Class" when my rank preceded my name...i.e. "Petty Officer First Class" or "First Class Petty Officer" Drabek.  Should have been "Chief" as I aced the Chief's test twice and had 4.0 evals, but sadly the Navy did not need Chiefs in my rating before I got out (and one of the reasons I did)

20 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

Brilliant shots Steve !! .

Thanks John.   Getting the MD in and out of Renton was tricky, getting her into LOWI full stop with a wicked crosswind and snow on the runway was even trickier. 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Patco Lch said:

What a talented young man you are Steve.

Hehe...thanks Vic.  I would only say that "young" is a relative term, but let's agree I'm an kid at heart, but I've got some serious flight time on this airframe. 🤣

In terms of talent, I can only take credit for the screens, the paint is not mine, I just ported it over from the P3d version of the Maddog because @SAS443 requested pics of the SAS livery.    However I know you're aware that I've painted this lovely livery on a few other airframes in my day. 😉 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice shots! Thanks to shared

Edited by JLuis

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

6 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe, thought I'd stay ahead of the request curve. 😉   I've spent my life trying to proactive vs reactive, a trait everyone should strive for.

I had a few more wing views that didn't make the cut as I was bumping against the max pics count.  They were not much different than the ones i posted.

EDIT:  Noted you mentioned "First Class" twice in your post.  Whether you intentionally meant it regarding my rank when I was in the Navy or not, I was referred to as a "First Class" when my rank preceded my name...i.e. "Petty Officer First Class" or "First Class Petty Officer" Drabek.  Should have been "Chief" as I aced the Chief's test twice and had 4.0 evals, but sadly the Navy did not need Chiefs in my rating before I got out (and one of the reasons I did)

Thanks John.   Getting the MD in and out of Renton was tricky, getting her into LOWI full stop with a wicked crosswind and snow on the runway was even trickier. 🙂 

Forgive my ignorance. I didn’t know there was a relation with your rank. I said first class because you gave a first class product! Great pics! Love the paints too.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

You've got some nice deep shadows working for you in these shots.

John

Great set, thanks for showing !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Amazingly beautiful pictures, Steve...!! And great choice of livery and airport...!