Sign in to follow this  
Jeff D

KORD Scenery Updates

I'm currently using FsDreamteam's KORD v2 scenery. It's been awhile since they have done any update(specifically the taxiways around 9R/27L and after forum posts, it appears nothing is on the horizon. I'm fairly happy with the scenery but is there currently anything anyone could suggest that's out there that has today's real world layout. Thanks for the replies in advance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jeff D said:

and after forum posts, it appears nothing is on the horizon

If with "after forum posts" you are referring to your demands of the scenery being constantly updated so it could instantly match Navigraph updates you DO pay a subscription for then no, you have been clearly explained that, doing an actual update of a scenery you DO NOT pay a subscription for, is a bit more complex than just paying fees to Jeppesen to release on Navigraph what Jeppesen does anyway.

And it's strange you'll say "nothing is on the horizon", when you have been explicitly told on our forum that we WILL release other updates in the future, we already did it once, when the runway 9C/27C went into operation so, what reasons you have to doubt we'll update it again ?

• Like 2

I also have KORD working fine for me, no news yet.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

5 minutes ago, virtuali said:

If with "after forum posts" you are referring to your demands of the scenery being constantly updated so it could instantly match Navigraph updates you DO pay a subscription for then no, you have been clearly explained that, doing an actual update of a scenery you DO NOT pay a subscription for, is a bit more complex than just paying fees to Jeppesen to release on Navigraph what Jeppesen does anyway.

And it's strange you'll say "nothing is on the horizon", when you have been explicitly told on our forum that we WILL release other updates in the future, we already did it once, when the runway 9C/27C went into operation so, what reasons you have to doubt we'll update it again ?

I’ll be the first to admit that I have bought several of your products and enjoy them… but I’m just gonna say it. Reading your replies on here and your forums… you’re kind of a jerk.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

I’ll be the first to admit that I have bought several of your products and enjoy them… but I’m just gonna say it. Reading your replies on here and your forums… you’re kind of a jerk.

It's very easy to mistakenly confuse to be always direct, technically accurate and, most of all, sincere with "being a jerk". 

You won't ever see me using twisted combination of falsely courteous expressions to tell users to basically "!£&/(!& .themselves, but in a way so carefully designed to sound polite and not letting them even realize what you *really* said. That's for people trained in marketing speak, which I'm not, I'm a programmer, which means I'm unable to sound fake-polite, something it's either true or false, and I just put it as it is, regardless how it "sounds", I don't even know how it "sounds", the written world always sounds more direct, rush and rude, especially when written by programmers. But you'll always get honesty from me, but not everybody appreciate it. In fact, people like to be lied to, but in a polite way.

Speaking about truths and facts: the OP complained about some very minor issues about a couple of taxiways at KORD were "incorrect", which of course they aren't. They were correct when the scenery was made and they match the charts the scenery is supplied with so, you could say they are outdated, not incorrect. That's why I was TRYING to explain one cannot expect a scenery could possibly follow every minor change in the real airports, like a chart subscription service ( which a scenery is not ), and I also said the scenery WILL be updated and, after all of this, the OP came here saying "there's nothing on the horizon", basically the opposite of what I said, as if the MAJOR FREE update we did last year when 9C/27C opened wasn't proof enough we DO keep updating the scenery after release but, again, one cannot expect the same speed as a navdata cycle.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

It's very easy to mistakenly confuse to be always direct, technically accurate and, most of all, sincere with "being a jerk". 

You won't ever see me using twisted combination of falsely courteous expressions to tell users to basically "!£&/(!& .themselves, but in a way so carefully designed to sound polite and not letting them even realize what you *really* said. That's for people trained in marketing speak, which I'm not, I'm a programmer, which means I'm unable to sound fake-polite, something it's either true or false, and I just put it as it is, regardless how it "sounds", I don't even know how it "sounds", the written world always sounds more direct, rush and rude, especially when written by programmers. But you'll always get honesty from me, but not everybody appreciate it. In fact, people like to be lied to, but in a polite way.

Speaking about truths and facts: the OP complained about some very minor issues about a couple of taxiways at KORD were "incorrect", which of course they aren't. They were correct when the scenery was made and they match the charts the scenery is supplied with so, you could say they are outdated, not incorrect. That's why I was TRYING to explain one cannot expect a scenery could possibly follow every minor change in the real airports, like a chart subscription service ( which a scenery is not ), and I also said the scenery WILL be updated and, after all of this, the OP came here saying "there's nothing on the horizon", basically the opposite of what I said, as if the MAJOR FREE update we did last year when 9C/27C opened wasn't proof enough we DO keep updating the scenery after release but, again, one cannot expect the same speed as a navdata cycle.

Umberto, it's your reputation, not mine. If you prefer to make it known you're always right and everyone else is wrong, so be it. Even when you're right, you could learn to be more tactful with your replies. I've been a member of this community for a couple decades (Despite what my profile says) and you always seemed to make sure you have the last word. Maybe others wont say it, but I did... you make a solid product, just a poor attitude. It doesn't take a marketing major to learn how to just be nice to someone. This is a sim hobby after all.... 

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Gaming rig

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

Umberto, it's your reputation, not mine. If you prefer to make it known you're always right and everyone else is wrong, so be it. Even when you're right, you could learn to be more tactful with your replies. I've been a member of this community for a couple decades (Despite what my profile says) and you always seemed to make sure you have the last word. Maybe others wont say it, but I did... you make a solid product, just a poor attitude. It doesn't take a marketing major to learn how to just be nice to someone. This is a sim hobby after all.... 

We know Umberto for years here and I can guarantee there's no malice in his responses. He's just Umberto 🙂
I strongly recommend turning down the sensitivity slider a bit. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

This is a sim hobby after all.... 

It is to you, but his financial life depends on it, so it's not just a "sim hobby" to him.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

56 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

We know Umberto for years here and I can guarantee there's no malice in his responses. He's just Umberto 🙂
I strongly recommend turning down the sensitivity slider a bit. 

My skin is plenty thick. Just less and less patience to deal with folks who make it their mission to defend every word they say with one condescending post after another. I would also point back to my earlier comment where I said I’ve been here for some time myself. I’m familiar with him.

Maybe umberto should take some notes from the folks over at FBW, WT, and Hype. They are frequently called out in discord for the same questions over and over. Some are legitimate and others not so much and you know what… every time they reply I see nothing but professionalism and tactful replies because they appreciate their customers and understand each time they reply it reflects their company image. Hence the reason why they are so well respected. That’s class when you can treat each of your customers with respect regardless of how simple or incorrect their comment may be. This is literally business skills 101 and being a good person. I don’t think what I’m asking is all that crazy. I stand by my initial comment that what I see on here and his private forums would imply he’s a bit of a jerk.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 2

Gaming rig

14 minutes ago, somiller said:

It is to you, but his financial life depends on it, so it's not just a "sim hobby" to him.

Another good reason to be good to the hands that feed you, right? Not sure why asking someone to be a little more respectful when customers ask questions is such a novel concept when really it’s just being a good person.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gaming rig

Whilst other developers have turned their back on P3D, Virtuali remains committed, engaged and seeks to ensure P3D users continue to get the best out of their FSDT products. Yes, he speaks directly but we are all adults here, we don't need everything sprinkled in fairy-dust. To be frank he shows a lot more patience than I would when people start complaining over issues resulting from their own failure to follow instructions, or in this instance, receiving advice on one forum and then re-posting their same issues on another. Virtuali certainly isn't the jerk here.

Ian S

38.jpg

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

Whilst other developers have turned their back on P3D, Virtuali remains committed, engaged and seeks to ensure P3D users continue to get the best out of their FSDT products. Yes, he speaks directly but we are all adults here, we don't need everything sprinkled in fairy-dust. To be frank he shows a lot more patience than I would when people start complaining over issues resulting from their own failure to follow instructions, or in this instance, receiving advice on one forum and then re-posting their same issues on another. Virtuali certainly isn't the jerk here.

I didn’t know we had drifted into p3d vs MSFS with this conversation? You are correct, MOST of us are adults here and as such, we are entitled to our opinions as you are yours. So we will agree to disagree.

• Like 2

Gaming rig

2 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

I didn’t know we had drifted into p3d vs MSFS with this conversation? You are correct, MOST of us are adults here and as such, we are entitled to our opinions as you are yours. So we will agree to disagree.

The platform is irrelevant, I am pointing out the support given to the wider flight-sim community.

Ian S

38.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ian S said:

The platform is irrelevant, I am pointing out the support given to the wider flight-sim community.

So we should ignore his condescending behavior to folks who are new to the community (which he pointed out in the OPs post on his forums) because he is still providing support to multiple platforms? Put the kool aid down friend.

• Like 1

Gaming rig

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

So we should ignore his condescending behavior to folks who are new to the community (which he pointed out in the OPs post on his forums) because he is still providing support to multiple platforms? Put the kool aid down friend.

We shouldn't ignore it. Many have experienced this from him and others. Everyone will read this and I hope they make the same decisions that I have regarding their treatment to customers.

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---