Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Best Looking Default Airport

Wondering what everyone thinks the best looking default airport is (so those interested don't have to go downloading or...paying for scenery.)

Friday Harbor and Courchevel are both very impressive, but I'm going to say Gibraltar, where you can wander right into to terminal waiting area.

What do you think?

• Like 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I think LAX and JFK look especially good.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Nagasaki and Lukla for me.

• Like 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

This is nice! I like a topics such as this, giving some positivity and love to the default stuff. Having seen the sim since the days of FS98, I‘be been very pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the default enhanced airports. Even back on FSX the default enhanced airports were really not very good. In MSFS it’s at a point where sometimes I skip on the third party sometimes because it’s no noticeable improvement over the default.

but, that said, I have not seen all of them, but if the ones I did I was rather taken with Zurich.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If 'default' includes the hand crafted airports, then I think that Heathrow is very good - certainly good enough to prevent me looking the 'new kid on the block'...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I will have to keep this in mind for a future flight.

Very challenging as well

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

Don't forget Atlanta, better than it's payware competition.

Darryl

City Airport, Manchester, a.k.a. Barton Aerodrome, which was added in the UK update. It's a very good replication of the real place with its 1930s-era control tower.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, xender said:

SEQM! Quito

To me that one is amazing

+1 and it offers a rare opportunity to fly from one handcrafted default airport into another, SPGL Chagual, Peru.  Which is very nicely done albeit very small, nestled deep in a narrow winding canyon in the Andes.  

I did that leg in my RTW trip using the PMDG DC-6 and it was a real nail-biter. Getting out the next day was even more interesting.  Would be a great flight for the Kodiak, Porter or Twotter!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!