Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

ORBx March Madness Sale (until 2359Z Mar 19th)

Just a note to let everyone know that ORBx are having a March Madness sale at the moment, with up to 40% discounts on products. I took the opportunity to purchase LGKO Kos International and Terraflora v2 for P3Dv4. Surprisingly, I cannot see any mention of this sale on the ORBx forum, which is why I am posting it here.

EDIT: Selecting the ORBx Direct menu option will reveal that a sale is on, but I still think that a separate announcement on the forum would be useful.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Picked up LC for the whole world, thank you!!  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Already have a ton of ORBX and some still not P3Dv5 not important to ORBX.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Looking for a recommendation for a small GA field in North America, preferably USA. They have so many, and they all look lovely. 

16 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Surprisingly, I cannot see any mention of this sale on the ORBx forum, which is why I am posting it here.

EDIT: Selecting the ORBx Direct menu option will reveal that a sale is on, but I still think that a separate announcement on the forum would be useful.

I did also receive an email from Orbx about the sale, but you're right no mention on the forum.

As a side note, I have to say the Orbx forum in general has lost a lot of its original capabilities and value it brought to end users since the legacy Support forums are no longer kept up to date.

I see the informal Community Help forum is still available but IMHO is less useful now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Check out Orbx KHQM (Bowerman Airport). 

Its a freebee and has been one of my favourites for years.

Open Orbx Central and you will find it under the North American tab.

...Lloyd

• Upvote 2

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Right now I happily use megascenery earth for california with nuvecta added for the autogen.  I like it but wonder if I would be better off with one of the orbx products.  With that being sad.  What do you guys like in terms of true earth southern california vs NA?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Right now I happily use megascenery earth for california with nuvecta added for the autogen.  I like it but wonder if I would be better off with one of the orbx products.  With that being sad.  What do you guys like in terms of true earth southern california vs NA?

I’m on the same fence myself. Like to read some opinions. I’ve just recently discovered MSE + nuvecta which is also on sale. California is a scenic state for flight.

Vic green

23 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

I’m on the same fence myself. Like to read some opinions. I’ve just recently discovered MSE + nuvecta which is also on sale. California is a scenic state for flight.

I run MSE/Nuvecta on Cali, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, I love it.  But I think the autogen in NA is better.  I'm curious to hear if others will comment on california. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 hours ago, Noell said:

Check out Orbx KHQM (Bowerman Airport). 

Its a freebee and has been one of my favourites for years.

Open Orbx Central and you will find it under the North American tab.

...Lloyd

KORS Orcas Island is very nice, if the price is right.

• Like 1

Bert

Treated myself to Gaya Simulation's Kristiansand Airport (ENCN), Norway.

Thanks for the tip!

Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

On 3/14/2022 at 6:30 AM, thepilot said:

Looking for a recommendation for a small GA field in North America, preferably USA. They have so many, and they all look lovely. 

These are all must haves in my opinion.

Washington State - Orcas to Friday harbor and/or Monroe first air to Harvey field

Oregon - Starks twin oaks to Pearson field

East Coast - Bar harbor to Block island

• Upvote 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

15 hours ago, TurboKen said:

These are all must haves in my opinion.

Washington State - Orcas to Friday harbor and/or Monroe first air to Harvey field

Oregon - Starks twin oaks to Pearson field

East Coast - Bar harbor to Block island

I have Orcas for FSX/P3D and MSFS. Pity ORBX doesn't have Friday Harbor for MSFS yet.

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

On 3/14/2022 at 9:30 AM, thepilot said:

If you have the freeware Orbx airports package I recommend KRVL, Reedsville, PA or KIPT in Williamsport, PA. Both very nice. IPT has ILS approach also.

• Like 1