Sign in to follow this  
Dutch727

A C310R Tutorial Video for you...

On 3/15/2022 at 11:43 PM, Dutch727 said:

Apparently we're not allowed to post pictures directly in this forum, but take a look at this and see if you're still worried about the graphics quality in the 310:

C310 Cockpit View

That screenshot looks nice indeed!

For reference, examples of top-notch cockpits are:

microsoft Junkers, for a vintage cockpit

SWS Kodiak, for a clean just out of factory feel

Carenado C170

On the other hand, here is the new 247D, cockpit has that FSX/P3D feel again. I don't have the technical background to understand what's the difference between a "next gen" cockpit and those legacy cockpits though, I'm just seeing it looks worse 😅.

https://wing42.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/wing42_b247_wip_040-1-2048x1203.jpg

Edited by Johnny Wyatt

I hope someone will make a "Songbird" livery for this when it is released.

Did I just show my age with that reference?

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

27 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I hope someone will make a "Songbird" livery for this when it is released.

Did I just show my age with that reference?

Funny you mention that...I'm starting to dive deep into the world of livery creation (have done 3 so far and getting better at it). Was so excited by the 310R that I started looking at various liveries for inspiration. Sky King's Songbird is among them! I even made a head start by re-creating the crown logo decal on the tail! I'm struggling a little trying to find the font used for the "Songbird" on the nose, but I think I found a decent enough substitute. It's the 'S' that's flummoxing me at the moment.

The big question is do I look to Songbird III for design or as it looked in the show? (Best I could find was a wooden model of the show plane at various angles). Maybe both?

I'm not old enough to have seen the show, but I was pleasantly surprised that a 310R was made famous by the show! I'm also eyeing the USAF (L-27A "Blue Canoe" and Navy versions, along with some nice looking civilian designs.

16 minutes ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Funny you mention that...I'm starting to dive deep into the world of livery creation (have done 3 so far and getting better at it). Was so excited by the 310R that I started looking at various liveries for inspiration. Sky King's Songbird is among them! I even made a head start by re-creating the crown logo decal on the tail! I'm struggling a little trying to find the font used for the "Songbird" on the nose, but I think I found a decent enough substitute. It's the 'S' that's flummoxing me at the moment.

The big question is do I look to Songbird III for design or as it looked in the show? (Best I could find was a wooden model of the show plane at various angles). Maybe both?

I'm not old enough to have seen the show, but I was pleasantly surprised that a 310R was made famous by the show! I'm also eyeing the USAF (L-27A "Blue Canoe" and Navy versions, along with some nice looking civilian designs.

I have to admit that I think my interest in aviation all started on Saturday mornings watching Sky King.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

2 hours ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Was so excited by the 310R that I started looking at various liveries for inspiration. Sky King's Songbird is among them! 

Good to know you are doing that one. FYI, there will be a paint kit for the Milviz 310. 

A real beauty that got me going as a little kid.

An assured sale from this pilot.

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 hours ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Something like this?

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/news-and-publications/eaa-news-and-aviation-news/news/03-17-2016-flying-with-sky-king

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

19 hours ago, Doering said:

That’s the Songbird III, which I think was either the plane used for PR promoting the show or an enthusiastic pilot who wanted to show his love for the show. Perhaps both. Either way, I may end up doing both the show and PR liveries. Not too much work for the second after completing the first. 

Happy weekend y'all! Here is another photo tease of our 310 with a stunning view! Stay tuned for tomorrow where we're going to drop another video flight tease😁https://www.facebook.com/Milviz/photos/a.274798289231220/5126716747372659/

• Like 1

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.

Maybe a bit off topic, but if this is what they can do with a Cessna 310, I wonder how good that ATR is going to be... Bye bye majestic Dash 8, off for retirement you go. 

Edited by Makinen11

Hey y'all! As promised, we just posted another video tease for our upcoming 310 😁🙌
In this newest Milviz 310 tease, we take you through the basic flight operations to pilot this extraordinary upcoming aircraft. Take a ride with us as we anticipate the release of this stellar plane! Let us know what you think!
  • Like 2

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.

Looks like a day-1 for me for sure, though I hope you just flew around the whole time with your Flaps down. It never got outside the Flaps range for Airspeed. Love those sounds too. 😎👍

• Like 2

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Will the 310R be in the Microsoft store on the 24th?

Thanks

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER