Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

I'm able to start and fly the airplane. The autopilot altitude holds as well as climbing and descending. The autopilot heading hold works too...but I am not able to get NAV mode to hold the GPS (GNS530).

I have to use Heading hold to fly with autopilot.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Minor: Cannot hide EFB  (I know the clickspot)

Minor: GPU sounds and some others are way too loud  (need an option to change specific sounds)

Minor: The HSI heading and course bug movements are random when scrolling and clicking, sometimes big steps sometimes small

Major: Garmin 605 will NOT track VORs (using the PMS GTN) no turning and no reaction, however it WILL track GPS

Major: Garmin 605 will NOT track GS or LOC (using the PMS GTN), no reaction to either

Major: Flight dynamics are twitchy and sometimes random, plane is too 'light' feeling, trim doesn't have enough affect

Minor: Rudder, especially on rollout, too sensitive

• Like 1

I am unable to get the altimeter to display correctly.

Shows 1200' all the time, same at a seal level airport or a 4000' airport.

Moves a bit as I climb and descend but nothing like the real altitude.

Have I missed something?

(tried multiple liveries, only a problem for 414, all other aircraft display correctly)

Edited by robs113

4 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

The GNS750 XI is causing many stutters when switched on (i have a 3090 videocard and no stutters in other situations), the moment you switch off the GNS750 XI the stutters are gone. 

As for this you'll need to lock fps with nvidia control panel to 30 or 40....   or check your FPS monitor via enabling Developer Mode in the sim...if it says GPU limited the GTN is going to stutter most likely.  You may try increasing CPU load by increasing LOD etc.  Try locking fps to 30 first in NCP to see if it helps.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

49 minutes ago, robs113 said:

Have I missed something?

(tried multiple liveries, only a problem for 414, all other aircraft display correctly)

What if you first load a default aircraft, go to main menu and then reload the C414?  I'm just guessing here.  I am seeing the altimeter work correctly.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, robs113 said:

Have I missed something?

I also have a altimeter problem, but another one: it shows too low altitude, and if I look more closely: it seems to report 1/3 of the altitude... so.. it shows meters?? I says feet. And I can't set the altitude for the autopilot. I can set a seeming random altitude but not higher, and then later I can set another altitude but not higher than that.

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Bingo! -> 1/3 too low = meters vs feet.

I changed my Units of Measure to US and now it displays correctly.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robs113 said:

Bingo! -> 1/3 too low = meters vs feet.

I changed my Units of Measure to US and now it displays correctly.

Thanks everyone.

Where can that be changed?

EDIT: found it. Not for this plane but in the sim general options. Very strange, I never changed that for other planes and they just always showed in feet.

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

The Manual has no List of LVARs or HEvents ...

Please document those so that we can setup hardware devices to control the 605AP...

Also .. we are sure that this ancient Alt Alert is supported by the GFC600??  I would have expected that they GFC600 would have replaced that requirement..

• Like 3

Les O'Reilly

GTN cockpit...

Sitting on the ground... 

FD ON (AP and YD OFF)

PRESS the GA button on the throttle...

GA on the Lateral Mode and PIT and GA on the Vertical both displayed making it unreadable.

Les O'Reilly

2 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

The Manual has no List of LVARs or HEvents ...

Please document those so that we can setup hardware devices to control the 605AP...

Also .. we are sure that this ancient Alt Alert is supported by the GFC600??  I would have expected that they GFC600 would have replaced that requirement..

I just saw this video it shows a somewhat similar Sportys device:

Just now, Rene_Feijen said:

I just saw this video it shows a somewhat similar Sportys device:

That is not a GFC600 ... That would be the original Legacy Century 4 or 2000 system

I am referencing the GTN cockpits with the fancy new Digital AP

Les O'Reilly

10 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

That is not a GFC600 ... That would be the original Legacy Century 4 or 2000 system

I am referencing the GTN cockpits with the fancy new Digital AP

Looks different indeed, but I was just looking for similar cockpit with similar ALT ALERT instrument.

Found this video, not the ALT ALERT instrument, I suppose it is the instrument above the PFD to set the altitude.

And there is no working CWS button in the Flysimware C414?

Edited by Rene_Feijen

I know several have complained about the Quickviews for left and right showing under the plane but if you think about it, it is a much better view under the plane. On twin engine planes, the default left and right only typically give you an engine view rather than a terrain view, so I kind of like it even though it feels unnatural.

Congrats on the new release, FSW!  It seems there's a good buzz around this one.

I have noticed a few things:

Props:  At the moment you can't check the prop governors on the ground, pulling the levers back (even at full throttle) has no effect.  The prop governors are not effective until you are at flying speed.  You can check feathering on the ground...that part works okay. 

With regard to feathering though, the normal "reduce prop pitch" commands don't seem to work to pull the levers into feather.  I can only get an engine to feather by clicking and dragging the lever to the min setting, then clicking a second time to pull into the detente.

Manipulators:  When using legacy cockpit interaction mode (I never use "lock" mode), the direction of all 3-position switches is reversed.  i.e. if I mouse over and see an up arrow, clicking makes the switch go down.  Same for the mouse wheel.

Flight director:  In the GNS versions (only versions I have tried so far), G/A mode does not seem to raise the FD pitch.  Moving the pitch wheel on the autopilot doesn't affect it either.  I can only change the pitch by syncing pitch after rotation.