Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

1 minute ago, Bentree_ said:

Thanks again....i have both PMS and the TDS ones.....

For fun could you try disabling the PMS units and use the TDS ones....and try my AP example again?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Having an issue with the key mapping using the Bravo throttle quadrant, specifically the AP mode selector. It seems to work ok with the GNS530 but the mode buttons or the AP master do nothing with the PMS 750 cockpit despite having the same mapping. Anybody else finding this and if confirmed, can the devs perhaps put it on the issue list? Many thanks.

59 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I rarely use the stock Garmin so I'm going to do some flying now with that panel.  Are you using PMS or default GNS530?  Well I checked default and it's definitely borked.

Just got back from a circuit to and from my two local strips, trying to capture the ILS on Rwy 11 @ KSBP. The HSI indicates, but the GNS530 does not capture the ILS.

I am using the default Asobo GNS530.

Kudos on the flight model: this aircraft flies a very stable and clean pattern; landing is smoooth as butter!

2 minutes ago, Bentree_ said:

Realy? So i am trying over and over all day, could not find any message of somebody else having problems and the config seems to be not okay?

At least now i know it isn't me.... thanks.

Hit the B Key ... bet you see the AP start moving to the "indicated" ALT.  Mark posted here at like 2am est time that the config is off and will be fixed in an update

Les O'Reilly

16 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

The Config has the wrong Altimeter set for the AP to use... currently is looking for the 3rd Altimeter so config = 2 and needs to be the first = 0 so that if basis it's indicated ALT off the primary altimiter.

The crazy thing is that when i fly at 3000ft and I press ALT on the AP...the AP display puts in 10900 ft for the altitude.....

Edited by Bentree_

7 minutes ago, Jrgorton said:

Having an issue with the key mapping using the Bravo throttle quadrant, specifically the AP mode selector. It seems to work ok with the GNS530 but the mode buttons or the AP master do nothing with the PMS 750 cockpit despite having the same mapping. Anybody else finding this and if confirmed, can the devs perhaps put it on the issue list? Many thanks.

Yes this is same for me it doesn't play well with the Bravo unfortunately. I have to unbind a lot of my switches and AP completely to make it work.

6 minutes ago, Seven7Tango said:

Just got back from a circuit to and from my two local strips, trying to capture the ILS on Rwy 11 @ KSBP. The HSI indicates, but the GNS530 does not capture the ILS.

I am using the default Asobo GNS530.

Kudos on the flight model: this aircraft flies a very stable and clean pattern; landing is smoooth as butter!

Hmmm I just shot an ILS as well on the stock 530 and it worked perfectly.

Rats I should have taken a screenshot of it.  I rarely use that panel variation.  I guess make sure altitude is armed so you capture at the FAF intercept altitude.  And then use NAV mode, LOC should come in green (on the loc gs square indicator), and later GS in green when it shows up.

Dumb question - AP is on on the lower pedestal correct?  And ALT is on on the AP selector panel?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Hmmm I just shot an ILS as well on the stock 530 and it worked perfectly.

Rats I should have taken a screenshot of it.  I rarely use that panel variation.  I guess make sure altitude is armed so you capture at the FAF intercept altitude.  And then use NAV mode, LOC should come in green (on the loc gs square indicator), and later GS in green when it shows up.

Dumb question - AP is on on the lower pedestal correct?  And ALT is on on the AP selector panel?

Yes... AP lower pedestal and ALT is selectable on the panel.

I flew the approach right off the plate (I've done this countless times at KSBP) and no joy. I'll try it again; good to know it worked for you just fine.

1 minute ago, Seven7Tango said:

Yes... AP lower pedestal and ALT is selectable on the panel.

I flew the approach right off the plate (I've done this countless times at KSBP) and no joy. I'll try it again; good to know it worked for you just fine.

It's only more frustrating though hehe....  it works here and not for you argh.  I used to fly socal all the time for Pilot Edge.  Do you have addon scenery there?  I wonder if its dropping the ILS.  But probably not if the HSI is deflecting etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

7 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

Yes this is same for me it doesn't play well with the Bravo unfortunately. I have to unbind a lot of my switches and AP completely to make it work.

Could it be that i have a lot of AP issues because my Bravo Throttle is bind? (Even when I do not use the Bravo to set the AP and I do it in the cockpit in this aircraft?

Just now, Bentree_ said:

Could it be that i have a lot of AP issues because my Bravo Throttle is bind? (Even when I do not use the Bravo to set the AP and I do it in the cockpit in this aircraft?

Quite possible. I had to create a profile for 414 and unbind all AP controls and battery master. Light switches do work if you bind them to Set Nav Lights, Set Taxi Lights etc.

4 minutes ago, Bentree_ said:

Can you just try to use the virtual cockpit clickspots to do it and bypass your hardware?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

24 minutes ago, Seven7Tango said:

The HSI indicates, but the GNS530 does not capture the ILS.

I did save a pic of this...ignore the arrows for now (found another bug nav2 seems inop on the instrument)

ILS 27 KDLH via vectors to final. 108.70 and 274 inbound crs

Are my AP modes looking like yours?

51962343256_a70e7ec1b8_k.jpgilsyes by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Can you just try to use the virtual cockpit clickspots to do it and bypass your hardware?  

It's not possible with Bravo quadrant due to it sending an on/off command constantly when the switch is turned on or off. You need to unbind to make it not send a command.

Edited by the_simpilot

19 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

It's not possible with Bravo quadrant due to it sending an on/off command constantly when the switch is turned on or off. You need to unbind to make it not send a command.

What if you unplug it?  Obviously just for testing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |