Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

15 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I did save a pic of this...ignore the arrows for now (found another bug nav2 seems inop on the instrument)

ILS 27 KDLH via vectors to final. 108.70 and 274 inbound crs

Are my AP modes looking like yours?

51962343256_a70e7ec1b8_k.jpgilsyes by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Yep... looks like that. Only difference is I did not get the GS annunciator to light up. I clicked the ENT button twice to get the light to go off; that coupled NAV2 and the needles followed as they should. Discovered this last night on a short cross-country from KCRQ > KPRB. Initial "Shakedown Cruise." 🙂

1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

What if you unplug it?  Obviously just for testing.

Yeah that works, I might give it a try or switch to my TCA Airbus throttle.

I am using spad to bind all of the LVARs to my MCP and then to my Bravo after that...  No different than many of the other complex Aircraft that use LVARs and then drive the SIM AP modes...

Les O'Reilly

Just did a flight, and had some major problems. For one, the MFS load and fuel menu sliders werent working. If I tried to set it to 70%, it would automatically go back to 30% or something like that. Also when entering weights, they would just reset. Another thing, I could not get it to climb. Full aircraft and even empty it refuses to climb after takeoff no matter if flaps are deployed or not. Full rich, props full, power full and will not climb. Even with AP on set to IAS, it struggled to climb 500 feet in 2 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Bentree_ said:

When i follow your way the AP display gives ALTS in the lower part (small letters) so thats okay, but as soon as i set the AP to ON my VS wich is at that moment +1500 ft/min is right away turning in MINUS 1500 ft/min....whatever i try...I can not change that and the aircraft is going to descent.

Are you sure that you do not have the altitude selector set to an altitude below you?  Dumb question maybe, but I have seen the VS go from plus to minus with a lower altitude set and armed.

Bert

Hello all!

I have the following problem I enter the altitude of 3000ft and confirm the cessna stops climbing at 900ft and the autopilot says I'm at 3000ft and it stops climbing. Also the pressorization controller shows me 3000ft, but the altimeter shows 900ft! Am I doing something wrong, or is this problem already known here?

Greetings and thx for support!

I am unable to get the click spots to work for the ETFB. I can hear things moving in the background but the tablet itself is invisible. The cursor takes the form of a hand and everything, just invisible tablet. 

34 minutes ago, Nick414 said:

Just did a flight, and had some major problems. For one, the MFS load and fuel menu sliders werent working. If I tried to set it to 70%, it would automatically go back to 30% or something like that. Also when entering weights, they would just reset. Another thing, I could not get it to climb. Full aircraft and even empty it refuses to climb after takeoff no matter if flaps are deployed or not. Full rich, props full, power full and will not climb. Even with AP on set to IAS, it struggled to climb 500 feet in 2 minutes. 

That sounds intense.  Are you certain the download isn't corrupt or anything?  I haven't seen anyone report something like this.  I'm able to enter weights, see the luggage added to the model etc.  I loaded it up to max takeoff and it was sluggish but it climbed at ISA at 35" / 2500 / 140 kias at around 800 fpm near sea level.  Are you using any hardware?  Because I've heard this addon is not playing with with Honeycomb especially.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, KevoZenji said:

I am unable to get the click spots to work for the ETFB. I can hear things moving in the background but the tablet itself is invisible. The cursor takes the form of a hand and everything, just invisible tablet. 

What if you press C and F on your keyboard?  (centers/resets the view).  Wonder if something is blocking the click spot.  It should be that little triangle portion on the top of the small forward window.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Uhhhh nice, something to look forward to 🙂 Thanks!

TDS says that it's been working.  Be sure you update your GPS Manager first from the My Account section of their website...then update the unit itself from the GPS Manager.  Then there may be a option within the GTNxi menu itself.  Or just select show defaults or something.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Oil pressure gauges seem to be incorrectly coupled.

STR:

1) Start engine 1, watch oil pressure come up on the left gauge.

EXPECTED: Pressure on the right gauge (engine 2) should remain at zero.

ACTUAL: Pressure on the right gauge mirrors engine 1.

Notes:

There may be permutations of this bug; i.e. try starting engine 2 first and see if the results are the same.

16 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

That sounds intense.  Are you certain the download isn't corrupt or anything?  I haven't seen anyone report something like this.  I'm able to enter weights, see the luggage added to the model etc.  I loaded it up to max takeoff and it was sluggish but it climbed at ISA at 35" / 2500 / 140 kias at around 800 fpm near sea level.  Are you using any hardware?  Because I've heard this addon is not playing with with Honeycomb especially.

I dont think my download is corrupt, but I could attempt reinstall. I do use the honeycomb alpha and bravo, I suspect there could be an issue there. The bravo trimwheel wont work for this aircraft either. Any ideas on what it could be? Cant even fly it because it wont climb. 

45 minutes ago, Sneax said:

Hello all!

I have the following problem I enter the altitude of 3000ft and confirm the cessna stops climbing at 900ft and the autopilot says I'm at 3000ft and it stops climbing. Also the pressorization controller shows me 3000ft, but the altimeter shows 900ft! Am I doing something wrong, or is this problem already known here?

Greetings and thx for support!

I found the failure... My settings in sim was on metric system!

Anyone having crash to blue screen/Windows error reporting issues with the 414? Basic livery (GNS530 version)? I can reproduce it just by panning around the cockpit to fast, even with the aircraft powered down?

(Nevermind seems to have been the NDU registry edit, removing it no more BSOD).

Edited by Peter Clark