Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

In the GNS530 model I cannot get the autopilot to follow the course in NAV mode. I have the button set to GPS, but it will not follow. Also, I cannot get the GTN750 to work correctly. I have downloaded the plugin, but it displays in a window rather than on the actual screen in the cockpit.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, jfwharton said:

I am not able to reproduce that issue.  I have tried with several liveries and tried starting the left engine first, then the right and visa versa.  When starting either engine first only the oil pressure gauge for that engine moves and the other remains at zero.  I would like to know, however, why the manifold pressure gauge reads 25 when the engines are not running.

That is normal there is atmospheric pressure and the MP gauge will read it ..  ours reads 29.2 in some images I have before starting up the plane..

Les O'Reilly

Looking to see if the Issue is planned to be resolved?  I'm Guessing Turbocharger Simulation Issues is towards the back burner of the MSFS Line of Items to work on.

It seems attempting to fly the aircraft above 12,000 is nearly impossible with full power leaned or full mixture as the engines basically die above 14k ft

2 hours ago, Peter Clark said:

Ok, I admit it’s been 10 years since I flew a 414 but my POH says hitting “alt” should engage alt hold immediately at the place you hit the button, not that it enables the pitch wheel. 

I let it climb for over 1000’ over the preselected altitude; from what I remember hit the “arm” button on the selector, when it gets to the selected altitude the “cap” light comes on and the “alt” light illuminates in the selector and the aircraft levels off. In the meantime use the pitch wheel to select your attitude during climb (which should also affect the pitch bar on the ADI). 

I will try and make a film of the  turn behavior tomorrow. Literally have it trimmed out, FD and HDG selected, climbing (5 dev nose up, give or take), and start a turn. It banks into the turn but doesn’t keep the nose up and slows or goes negative VS. 

thanks,

I believe you - just saying that if you first press ALT and then use the thumbwheel it will move the FD bar up and down.  I don't know if its possible to code the AP like that in this sim.  I know there are some limitations to certain pitch modes.  I believe Carenado does it this way too on their C337.  You must first press ALT (which would normally just hold current ALT), then use the wheel to adjust VS/pitch.

I also tried a large heading change while climbing using the pitch wheel....no real drop in altitude...except a bit in the bank (which would be realistic but I'd assume the AP servos would trim that loss of lift out?)

51963205578_47a593427b_h.jpgclassic_HDG_VS by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, geoffda said:

Hmm. Always repro for me. I'm using the N100JD livery for the TDS GT750NXi. You may need to increase the throttle a bit to get the temps to come up quickly, but for me I'm watching both gauges change in tandem with only one engine running...I did have to reinstall this morning. I uninstalled first, but I wonder if maybe something got left behind....

I tried liveries for the GNS 530 and the regular GTN 750.  Can't try the GTNxi because I don't have it.  Maybe it's a GTNxi related issue?

24 minutes ago, MatthewCampbell said:

Looking to see if the Issue is planned to be resolved?  I'm Guessing Turbocharger Simulation Issues is towards the back burner of the MSFS Line of Items to work on.

It seems attempting to fly the aircraft above 12,000 is nearly impossible with full power leaned or full mixture as the engines basically die above 14k ft

As a temp fix someone posted at the main MSFS forums:  edit the aircraft cfg

51963208958_4c2b6d4166_c.jpgmixturebug by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I tried liveries for the GNS 530 and the regular GTN 750.  Can't try the GTNxi because I don't have it.  Maybe it's a GTNxi related issue?

I just tried starting engines using the N100JD livery for the TDS GT750NXi and did not have the issue you are describing.  Just wanted to check but then as I mentioned I do not have the GT750NXi.

6 hours ago, jfwharton said:

I am not able to reproduce that issue.  I have tried with several liveries and tried starting the left engine first, then the right and visa versa.  When starting either engine first only the oil pressure gauge for that engine moves and the other remains at zero.  I would like to know, however, why the manifold pressure gauge reads 25 when the engines are not running.

You wouldn't happen to be flying out of Denver, would you?

17 minutes ago, Seven7Tango said:

You wouldn't happen to be flying out of Denver, would you?

Yes I live in Colorado Springs and use KDEN as the airport I fly out of.

3 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Yes I live in Colorado Springs and use KDEN as the airport I fly out of.

That explains it. Atmospheric pressure drops about one inch per thousand feet of elevation, hence 25" of MP when flying out of the Mile High City.  🙂

First off what a beautiful plane,thank you for bringing the 400 series to FS2020.  The one issue that's the biggest for me is that the aircraft has next to zero yaw when doing single engine work in the air. Like as in my feet can be flat on the floor with one engine feathered and the other at full power all while hanging just above VMC. The ball stays perfectly centered. This isn't the way it should be, I should have to have nearly if not full rudder by that point to maintain directional control. For reference I'm an MEI with over 300 hrs instructing in multi engines so flight near VMC is somthing I'm very familiar with. 

Thanks David.

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Fuel flows seem way off...

At 17,000 feet and -20 C with 31.5" MP and 24500 RPM, I'm getting fuel flows of 194 lbs/hr for each engine; i.e. nearly 400 lbs/hour burn. Looking at the performance tables, fuel flow should be about half that; i.e. ~200 lbs/hr. I forgot to check what I had left when I landed to see if the fuel gauges agreed with the fuel computer burn. Also, I filled tanks prior to starting and set the fuel computer to tanks topped. That showed 206 gallons of fuel remaining, but the number never decreased during the flight.

Is there also something wrong with the Oil Pressure gauges. Above screenshot shows that they are outside the green tape. Is this expected behavior?

I am getting a very annoying clicking sounds when moving my Honeycomb throttles around, even just a little bit. Anyone else getting this? I am trying to look for conflicting issues.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---