Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

13 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

I am getting a very annoying clicking sounds when moving my Honeycomb throttles around, even just a little bit. Anyone else getting this? I am trying to look for conflicting issues.

Never mind. Ever since I did that "quick fix" for the auto mixture and left the mixture levers not fully rich that when moving the throttle, it would make the same noises as the condition levers.

An another note: I noticed a lot of clipping of outside textures more notable on the left engine vents, sort of looking from top down. My AA and graphics are set pretty high. Could it be the heat exhausting from the turbos causing it?

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

35 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

Is there also something wrong with the Oil Pressure gauges. Above screenshot shows that they are outside the green tape. Is this expected behavior?

Yea its pretty common especially if the engine is cold/cool. I used to fly a 172 that pegged the oil pressure every take off, IRL I don't worry about oil pressure readings unless they are low... 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are you sure that you do not have the altitude selector set to an altitude below you?  Dumb question maybe, but I have seen the VS go from plus to minus with a lower altitude set and armed.

Thanks Bert, but that was not the case.

Really liking this plane. Best in MSFS so far for me, hands down. 

I have fixed the Cockpit Quick Views along with the Pilot, Close, Landing and Co-Pilot Views. Quick View Up looks at the Lighting Panel as this plane doesn't have an overhead and Quick View Rear looks down.

Sharing, in case anybody else would like to give it a try:

Download for edited cameras.CFG file

Go to flysimware-cessna-414a in the Community Folder. Then to SimObjects then Airplanes then flysimware_Cessna_414A  Folder and then find the file called "cameras.CFG"

Please back up this file as it is the original and you can always revert to this in case of issues. Once backed up and saved in a different location, replace the cameras.CFG file with the one that you downloaded from the link posted above.

Edited by Divij
  • Like 2

There are problems working with the Saitek panels and also with the Honeycomb Yoke. If you operate the switches there, engines can not start or the switches are assigned incorrectly.

I just read this post:

27 March: Recent FSW Beta Fixes that should be included in the next C414 update (likely early next week):

1. Arm rest delay animation fixed.

2. Quickviews has been updated.

3. Manifold needles fixed (were accidentally tied to an electrical circuit).

4. Tail number placard uv updated.

5. Clock and Fuel Computer moved back onto the battery circuit.

6. Missing inner mesh on the Nacelle intake vents fixed.

7. Shimmering on the face of the Fuel Computer has been eliminated

8. Assorted modeling bugs fixed

Disappointed that the most annoying bug is not in the fix......the Autopilot ALT mode wich will not arm at the altitude set in the device and the Autopilot wich reads a wrong altutude (Mostly thousants of feet higher then the actual altitude we are flying at).

It is clear from review videos not everybody has this bug, but I for sure have it (reinstalling did not fix it).

EDIT: I have just set MSFS to use the US system and that fixed a lot of the AP issues and believe it or not, gives me a whole new performance in take-off and climb...appearently when you are not set in US system the aircraft is reading the wrong density altitude.

Edited by Bentree_
Just found a work around of (a part) of the problem

Just a question, do you have to load the approach into the PMS GTN750 for it to track the LOC and GS, for some reason my Garmin 605 will not track either. It wont track VORs (no reaction) either. Anyone have similar issues?

Apologies if I missed it in this thread, but I'm getting transparent interior textures at a distance (you can see the engine nacelles on the opposite side of the plane through the area BELOW the windows - as you zoom closer the interior becomes solid again?

I've tried this with both my RX 6800 and GTX1070 and am getting the same issue.

12 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I believe you - just saying that if you first press ALT and then use the thumbwheel it will move the FD bar up and down.  I don't know if its possible to code the AP like that in this sim.  I know there are some limitations to certain pitch modes.  I believe Carenado does it this way too on their C337.  You must first press ALT (which would normally just hold current ALT), then use the wheel to adjust VS/pitch.

I also tried a large heading change while climbing using the pitch wheel....no real drop in altitude...except a bit in the bank (which would be realistic but I'd assume the AP servos would trim that loss of lift out?)

51963205578_47a593427b_h.jpgclassic_HDG_VS by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Ok, seems like a combo of user error and sim platform issues then. I was following the POH for the 800B IFCS, which clearly doesn’t work here. Logically thinking though, it seems to me that activation of the AP in this case should activate a VS mode which should be controlled by the thumb wheel and the ALT function should work as expected, not some strange hybrid as it seems to be in this incarnation. Or maybe I’m missing something, how do you get altitude hold mode if the thumbwheel is still active when it should be in ALT not some variant of VS?

On 3/25/2022 at 11:10 AM, razalom said:

Plane is in general really fun to fly but VR is not very well implemented unfortunately at this time. As other have mentioned the view change is not ideal. If I go to outside view and go back in to the plane I am in the plane but my pilot must be about 2 feet tall as i am staring at the instruments and cant see out. 

My main issue with VR though is pressing anything. For the most part I have to close 1 eye to be able to put the mouse pointer over a control/button for it to work so to be sadly honest its not flyable for me at least with a Reverb G2 at this time. Hope for VR improvements soon as I said at the beginner the plane seems great and the TDS 750 is well implemented.

In VR there are many bugs that need to be fixed asap to make it real. Don't know if the bugs are also present in 2D because I never fly in pancake mode. Once you go VR you never go back. Side windows open when locked or with EFB showing the window open trough it! Also the main door open but shows it very briefly in external view and then shows only closed till you move in internal view and switch to external view and again show open doors very briefly and closed again. Also actual rudder on the tail does not move when stationary only when the plane is in motion. The extra default digital gauges are not readable like the ADF, Fuel computer & Davtron clock. Also the glass on heading gauge on co pilot side is immens grainy and is not ok. I use the HP Reveb G2.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

3 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

I just read this post:

27 March: Recent FSW Beta Fixes that should be included in the next C414 update (likely early next week):

1. Arm rest delay animation fixed.

2. Quickviews has been updated.

3. Manifold needles fixed (were accidentally tied to an electrical circuit).

4. Tail number placard uv updated.

5. Clock and Fuel Computer moved back onto the battery circuit.

6. Missing inner mesh on the Nacelle intake vents fixed.

7. Shimmering on the face of the Fuel Computer has been eliminated

8. Assorted modeling bugs fixed

Disappointed that the most annoying bug is not in the fix......the Autopilot ALT mode wich will not arm at the altitude set in the device and the Autopilot wich reads a wrong altutude (Mostly thousants of feet higher then the actual altitude we are flying at).

It is clear from review videos not everybody has this bug, but I for sure have it (reinstalling did not fix it).

EDIT: I have just set MSFS to use the US system and that fixed a lot of the AP issues and believe it or not, gives me a whole new performance in take-off and climb...appearently when you are not set in US system the aircraft is reading the wrong density altitude.

Where do you go to read the fixes for this aircraft?

43 minutes ago, Peter Clark said:

Ok, seems like a combo of user error and sim platform issues then. I was following the POH for the 800B IFCS, which clearly doesn’t work here. Logically thinking though, it seems to me that activation of the AP in this case should activate a VS mode which should be controlled by the thumb wheel and the ALT function should work as expected, not some strange hybrid as it seems to be in this incarnation. Or maybe I’m missing something, how do you get altitude hold mode if the thumbwheel is still active when it should be in ALT not some variant of VS?

I armed the altitude in the selector by pressing that tiny white middle button just to the right of the altitude value.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

34 minutes ago, SparkySven said:

In VR there are many bugs that need to be fixed asap to make it real. Don't know if the bugs are also present in 2D because I never fly in pancake mode. Once you go VR you never go back. Side windows open when locked or with EFB showing the window open trough it! Also the main door open but shows it very briefly in external view and then shows only closed till you move in internal view and switch to external view and again show open doors very briefly and closed again. Also actual rudder on the tail does not move when stationary only when the plane is in motion. The extra default digital gauges are not readable like the ADF, Fuel computer & Davtron clock. Also the glass on heading gauge on co pilot side is immens grainy and is not ok. I use the HP Reveb G2.

Go to their discord and offer to help.  The dev doesn't have VR at all so there's no way to verify things are working.  Momo is the lead dev - you'll want him on there to DM him.

https://discord.gg/XFa5wqxZ

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I armed the altitude in the selector by pressing that tiny white middle button just to the right of the altitude value.

So had I but I hadn’t hit “alt” on the selector as that’s not the procedure in the real thing. I guess that means in this implementation with ALT selected it runs in VS with the  thumbwheel selecting VS until it hits the preselect and the green cap light goes on and then it transitions to actual ALT mode?