Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

1 hour ago, ark said:

If you haven't, check that you have about the same quantity of fuel in each fuel tank. On my system at least, I'm finding the tanks are not always loaded the same.

Al

Full tanks,  %60 payload. I'm ok with slight left bank in the air it can be trimmed. Tendency to steer left on the ground is what bugs me most.

Edited by the_simpilot

I'm seeing the reports of improper fuel burn numbers, but have not located the remedy. Someone stated it was a simple copy and paste, but did not include any further information.

Can someone be so kind as to point me to a link so I can corret this issue?

Thank you.

I know much of this is already reported, (apologies for repeats) but just to cover my AP experience (using TDS GTNxi)...

1. AP is locked on 2992, not panel altimeter reading.

2.  Unable to set to HDG nor APP mode (although it did track a glideslope for my GTNxi on an RNAV approach in GPS mode)

3. Several instances of spontaneous severe wandering off course.  I was able to reset and recapture.

The airframe deice switch does not set, springs back to "off" from either direction.

Clouds appear in the cockpit (don't know if this is a MSFS issue or the plane)

Edited by StevePHL

On 3/28/2022 at 5:32 AM, Torsen said:

Soooo... as the fuel usage seems to be doubled I assume its just a small error not dividing total fuel use by engine numbers and just putting the full fuel use on both engines. Just changed the fuel flow scalar from intial 1.5 to 0.75 and its spot on on FL200 cruise. Do we have more performance charts already somewhere for other flight levels than FL200?

Cheers

T.

Where did you find the fuel scaler to make the change? Your advise would be greatly appreciated!

Go to \MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\Community\flysimware-cessna-414a\SimObjects\Airplanes\flysimware_Cessna_414A and find the engines.cfg file.  In there you can do two changes, but keep in mind I believe the pending update will correct these issues.  In engines.cfg look for fuel_flow_scalar =1.5 and change it to 0.75.  Also look for fuel_air_auto_mixture=0 and change it to 1.  That will fix the mixture levers so you don't have to lean the engines as you climb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I had exact this too yesterday. Worked only after loading another started plane via Dev mode, and then switch planes to the 414 again.

yes this works. thank you!

but strange anyway, it cannot be that I have to switch the planes each time. I mean its not a cheap freeware. I hope they fix it

4 hours ago, Seven7Tango said:

Make sure that Auto Mixture is set to ON in the Controls menu prior to selecting the C414 in the World Map. There is an issue with engine logic for turbocharged aircraft in MSFS; the only way around that right now is to set Auto Mixture to ON.

Hope that helps!

i set it to ON but this don't solve the problem unfortunately. only reloading the plane in the dev mode, solve it at the moment

but thank you for your answer

The whole license thing with this plane bothers me... Im only able to install it on one PC at a time... I have a desktop at home and my laptop I take on trips (Pilot for a living) but unless I want to spend another $40 I have to Uninstall and reinstall the plane every time I go on a trip/get home... Meanwhile the theifs get free reign with theirs...... Flysimware should allow 2 PCs on license 

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

21 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

The whole license thing with this plane bothers me... Im only able to install it on one PC at a time... I have a desktop at home and my laptop I take on trips (Pilot for a living) but unless I want to spend another $40 I have to Uninstall and reinstall the plane every time I go on a trip/get home... Meanwhile the theifs get free reign with theirs...... Flysimware should allow 2 PCs on license 

Can't you just copy the contents in the community folder to your laptop?

9 minutes ago, Cygnific said:
9 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

Not if you want to abide by the license. I would also assume the key is stored seeded and hashed against a machine ID or something to prevent just this.

Edited by Peter Clark

1 hour ago, Cygnific said:

Since I only have the one system I wasn't aware of the limit.  I agree that you should be able to install multiple copies as long as you own each of the systems you have it installed on.

Love this plane.

1. As mentioned earlier, ground handling is too sensitive.

2. Ground rollout sound seems a bit too loud, almost overwhelming. Nice sound, just too loud.

3. Exterior engine sounds are great! Interior engine sounds seem off to me. Maybe too high-pitched. Would like to hear a more throaty sound inside.

Again, nice plane!! Thanks for building it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, z06z33 said:

YES!! This is an issue for me as well! I have two different Sim rigs, one for HOTAS aircraft, one for Yoke/TPM. I prefer to be able to see aircraft I've purchased on the tarmac at airports, as well as seeing them in the air as opposed to the default Bonanza! This is such BS! 

Not sure this has been brought up. The fuel computer at startup shows the Gal.Rem. - but I think the decimal is in the wrong place. It's reading 15.50 but I have 77gal in each tank, so I suspect is should be reading 155.0?

4 hours ago, jfwharton said:

Since I only have the one system I wasn't aware of the limit.  I agree that you should be able to install multiple copies as long as you own each of the systems you have it installed on.

I feel your pain. I'm lucky enough to have two homes. One Essex and another in Norfolk. I bought a Mercedes for my Essex home but the word not alloweds wouldn't give me another one for my Norfolk home. Disgraceful!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.