Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

On 3/28/2022 at 1:58 PM, flemingl said:

Hi. I am experiencing a transponder problem with the GNS530 version. After a short while the transponder does not respond to ATC commands. Normally the transponder will automatically tune according to ATC instructions, and this is ok with the GTN750 version but with the GNS530 it does not tune automatically. I tried tuning manually but no go. Eventually ATC services are terminated.

Lovely aircraft by the way. Really enjoying it.

Has anybody else experienced this issue with the GNS530?

Edited by flemingl

1: fuel computer rem gal stays put. It does not go down as fuel is used.
2: fuel computer sometimes the numbers are outside the instrument.
3: Autopilot, if I go to standard baro 1013/29.92 at set the alt for 15’000ft the Autopilot levels out at ~14500ft, and I have to set 15500ft to get the altimeter to show ~15000ft. Not ideal for flying on VATSIM/IVAO.
4: some flickering artifacts have made it into some instruments.
5: Oil psi gauge is way out. While flying, it is out of the green band. 
6: but this is only a suggestion. I love the manual. But a performance chart would be great to be able to realistically simulate the cruise power settings
7: Cowl flaps binding is reversed. In all other Airplanes, the binding functions as it should. On The Cessna my binding is as follows, to open the cowl flaps I need to close it and to close it I need to open them. Reverse the cowl flaps, so it works the same as the rest
8: Cowl flaps seem not to increase or decrease drag in flight
9: Cockpit cam needs adjustment. You sit differently in this plane than others (This might only be me)
10: Fuel flow seems VERY HIGH. Adjusted it in the config file for better realism.
11: why is automixture not automatically activated as default if its suggested for more realism? Changed this in the config.

Uploaded some photos about my bug findings https://imageshare.best/6UHFVT

I am excited for future updates, So far, I am loving this plane and these minor bugs are not breaking the plane for me or taking away from my experience. Great Job to you guys.

Just purchased the aircraft, was having a few issues with stutters with the tds gtn, downloaded the free version pms50 gtn and everything is smooth again. What an amazing aircraft, well done

5 minutes ago, XSTI said:

1: fuel computer rem gal stays put. It does not go down as fuel is used.
2: fuel computer sometimes the numbers are outside the instrument.
3: Autopilot, if I go to standard baro 1013/29.92 at set the alt for 15’000ft the Autopilot levels out at ~14500ft, and I have to set 15500ft to get the altimeter to show ~15000ft. Not ideal for flying on VATSIM/IVAO.
4: some flickering artifacts have made it into some instruments.
5: Oil psi gauge is way out. While flying, it is out of the green band. 
6: but this is only a suggestion. I love the manual. But a performance chart would be great to be able to realistically simulate the cruise power settings
7: Cowl flaps binding is reversed. In all other Airplanes, the binding functions as it should. On The Cessna my binding is as follows, to open the cowl flaps I need to close it and to close it I need to open them. Reverse the cowl flaps, so it works the same as the rest
8: Cowl flaps seem not to increase or decrease drag in flight
9: Cockpit cam needs adjustment. You sit differently in this plane than others (This might only be me)
10: Fuel flow seems VERY HIGH. Adjusted it in the config file for better realism.
11: why is automixture not automatically activated as default if its suggested for more realism? Changed this in the config.

Uploaded some photos about my bug findings https://imageshare.best/6UHFVT

I am excited for future updates, So far, I am loving this plane and these minor bugs are not breaking the plane for me or taking away from my experience. Great Job to you guys.

Forgot to add Altimeter only has in hg and not mbar. Would be nice to see having an Altimeter implemented with both in hg and mbar for the rest of the world that uses mbar

7 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I feel your pain. I'm lucky enough to have two homes. One Essex and another in Norfolk. I bought a Mercedes for my Essex home but the word not alloweds wouldn't give me another one for my Norfolk home. Disgraceful!

The difference is a car is a real tangible asset that has value after purchase this is a pretend plane that I already paid for....

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

4 hours ago, jim375 said:

Just purchased the aircraft, was having a few issues with stutters with the tds gtn, downloaded the free version pms50 gtn and everything is smooth again. What an amazing aircraft, well done

There is a fix on TDS forum for the stutters

http://forum.tdssim.com/thread-210.html

it worked for me 🙂

I posted this yesterday in the MSFS forums and I am still in need of some input.

"I was cruising around this morning in the 414A. I had descended from FL140 to FL060 in preparation to land. I decided to continue my journey so I kept flying up the coast to another airport. At some point the L HYD FLOW and R HYD FLOW lights sparked up on the annunciator panel. I checked all my switches and couldn’t figure out what to do since everything looked normal. I was cruising at 30" MAP and 2300 RPM so I don’t believe it was low pressure due to lack of MAP or otherwise. I have checked the manual and can’t figure out how to resolve this failure.

FWIW, I attempted to lower my gear and couldn’t get the right main down, even using the emergency system. I ended up landing without my right main and while the plane seemed intact once I finally got it to stop I would be curious to understand if there was anything else that could have been done. Honestly, I wasn’t aware that this level of failure was built into this plane. I am okay with it being in there but I would like to know how to handle this type of failure should it occur again."

Has anyone seen this? Regardless, how would I go about handling this situation if it happens again? I can't seem to find anything in the manual but I could have very (VERY) easily overlooked something.

Scooby,

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 414A's landing gear system was changed to an all electric from the previous 414's hydraulic system?

Perhaps you had electrical supply on battery instead of powering the system from the alternators and were drawing the battery down?

This could be the wrong procedure but when I start up, I flip on the battery switch and get everything up and running and then I turned on the right and left alternators. All three switches were on for the entirety of the flight. I didn't see any other lights indicating problems in the cockpit.

One other note - my gear lights were indicating that the right main had not extended (read: light wasn't lit). I hopped to an external camera and the gear appeared to be down and in a vertical (locked) position. Needless to say, when I landed the right main was definitely not down and I skidded and bounced quite a ways down the runway.

spacer.pngOn 1.2 Beta quick look left works correctly now but quick look right looks right 45 degrees instead of 90 and also looks down.  It should look 90 degrees right.

Also, you still can't move the rudder on the ground until you move the aircraft.  I checked other aircraft and was able to move the rudder on them, so this isn't a FS2020 thing.

The fuel switch panel also still shows LEFT ENG OFF for the right engine.

Edited by jfwharton

Does the right knob on the HSI sync the heading bug?  I get that you can push and turn it to turn the card, but it has that trianglle symbol there soooo....

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Does the right knob on the HSI sync the heading bug?  I get that you can push and turn it to turn the card, but it has that trianglle symbol there soooo....

It should do that, yes.

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

39 minutes ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

It should do that, yes.

It don't.  I faked it with a button.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

It doesn't set the heading bug on mine either.  I just move the heading manually.  Apparently when you push the heading set knob it and try to turn the knob (with it pushed in) it moves the compass rose.