Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

On 3/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, flemingl said:

Hi. I am experiencing a transponder problem with the GNS530 version. After a short while the transponder does not respond to ATC commands. Normally the transponder will automatically tune according to ATC instructions, and this is ok with the GTN750 version but with the GNS530 it does not tune automatically. I tried tuning manually but no go. Eventually ATC services are terminated.

Lovely aircraft by the way. Really enjoying it.

+1 on that.
The Transponder seems to be working, response light flashing (probably cosmetic though) code Set and on ALT and ON.

Altimeter in meters???? come on... who thought that was a good idea? I know that changing the MSFS settings to american will give me the altimeter in feet, but please set that altimeter to feet all the time... If you can read, that altimeter is calibrated in feet, not in meters...  that is even written in the altimeter itself.... big issue there... 

Cristian Caicedo

9 hours ago, jfwharton said:

You have to log into your account from the store page, click on order history, click on your order and scroll down to download the file.

Try this link and click on sign in at the top.

Flysimware Cessna 414AW Chancellor MSFS2020 - Flysimware Simulation Software - Digital Store

Same result. The weird thing is I usually download everything everywhere without problems and I usually knows the size of a file when I'm download it, not in this case...

I don't know, I'll try again every now and then.

ciao

Riccardo

On 3/15/2022 at 8:38 AM, Flysimware said:

Report any Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues here...

All other posts should not go on this thread.

Just did a flight with new beta 1.3 and yes the auto pilot and altitude settings works flawless now. Super. The bugs I found are still there. Being able to open side windows when locked or with EFB in the way if I open it using mouse scroll wheel, not when I pull with left mouse click. In VR main door open does not show in external view "very briefly but then it's closed" and when taxing with it's open it closes internal view and can't be opened anymore. But's that it. The rudder on the tail not moving when stationary is by design they told me like this "The real aircraft has a bungee cable for rudder and front gear so that is coded for realism and is suppose to make you happy not think its broken. Realism is all we are about." Best plane in MSFS2020 so far. Great work Flysimware. More buyers are flocking your way 4 sure ;-)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

Just using 1.3 now for the first time, and a couple of things:

fuel computer seems to be illuminated with battery off

There is alternator output shown on the ammeter even when engines are off but the alternator switches are on

Still the left engine off placard for the right engine fuel selector

Edited by rondon9898

12 hours ago, ark said:

The owner of the plane has said both the rudder and nose wheel will not move/turn on the ground if the plane is not moving because of the bungee system.

Al

I'm sorry to say you need to find a new owner as that one is broken lol. The bungee is connected to the nosewheel not the rudder. If it worked the way that owner suggested then you couldn't take-off in a crosswind. The rudder would also be flopping about in the wind with just a bungee connection, its basic physics.

Cheers, Andy.

Is anyone else getting absurd left yaw on the application of takeoff power? I actually can’t take off properly at the moment.

Also linking the mb/hPa setting to the metric altimetry is unworkable FSW have to find another way of doing that, su surely?

Funnily enough my first flight with 1.3 I can no longer stay on the runway in a crosswind, which just confirms my statement above.

Cheers, Andy.

Is there a way to turn up the brightness of the electric clock and also the GNS530?  They are really dark at daytime.

• Like 2

I’m liking the new quick views.  Would it be possible to have the Left Wing quick view have the same zoom level as the default & right wing view?  Right now, when using the left wing quick view everything gets a lot smaller for me, because it is set to a different zoom level.

The UV mapping for the engine covers is definitely a bit off. The wavy/wobbly lines on the engines is not due to MS/Asobo rendering issues. When I import the model into blender and apply the texture image with straight lines, it's all wavy on the model in Blender. If I paint a straight line on the model, the texture image line is wavy/wobbly. It seems to be something with the unwrap, I think. Happy to post a picture out of Blender if someone can give me an idea how to actually embed an image. I can't seem to get it to work.

Edited by Grothauser

I have done my first flight in the 414 after a new install using v1.3. All went pretty good including an ILS approach and landing. Like recent comments I find ground handling to be rough and mostly only achieved by differential braking. Not at all smooth as reported by several YT content creators. Also with the ILS approach whilst the plane captured and followed the ILS in lateral and vertical descent, the LOC and GS announcitators on the G605 remained white (should they not turn green)

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.