Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Just found out. Seems like documented VMC speed for the 414A is 68-72IAS(slightly different info). Anyone confirm? 

Red line is set at 75IAS...

Guess blue line is VYSE then; would explain it. ie FM not too bad then 😉

23 minutes ago, Fornax1 said:

Guess blue line is VYSE then; would explain it. ie FM not too bad then 😉

Can't find the edit button. Sorry.

With one engine off(feathered) Im nowhere near reacing blue line (VYSE?). Info inside plane says (engine failure):"Airspeed must be maintained at or above blue radial (Blue line)". VYSE I would presume then - although I can't get it near blue line with one engine off...

OK. Engine failure before VYSE - nonono. After VYSE I can hold it at VYSE and climb at 200-ish ft/min. Seems not too bad. Or what do the twin experts say? 

Still trying to figure out ILS's with the PMS50 GTN.  Just flew from KBIL to KBZN and shot the ILS 12.  Initially on my first intercept attempt it did not capture the ILS even though it showed LOC in small numbers on the bottom row.  I set up a second intercept and this time it captured the localizer.  Configured and approaching the glideslope selected APP and it started the descent.  Halfway down the glidepath the aircraft started drifting off course and I had to override the autopilot to correct back to course.  It deviated again and I corrected again.  Eventually I gave up and flew the rest manually.  I don't understand why it's doing this.  Some ILS approaches seem to go well and others behave this way, drifting left or right and often not following the glidepath despite the airspeed remaining constant the glidepath drifts up or down.

Why do the autopilots have to nose dive whenever you turn on an autopilot.  This happens with either autopilot.  After takeoff I clean up and trim the aircraft for the climb, have HDG set and either the VS set to 0 or preset to 1000.  Turn on the autopilot and the aircraft goes into a 2000 fpm dive.  It doesn't level off or maintain the current climb rate or even the 1000 fpm if I have it set.  It always nose dives.  Why?  Must be time for me to re-read the autopilot manuals.

I did a touch and go and trimmed on climbout.  Engaged the autopilot and it leveled off the aircraft.  OK that's acceptable.  Set my vertical speed  and continued the climbout.  Using HDG mode I did a downwind and then turned crosswind to intercept the localizer for a second try.  This time the localizer CDI came off the wall, I was in NAV (standard autopilot) and it DID NOT capture the localizer.  This is the first aircraft that has given me so much trouble flying approaches.

Update.  I tried again the same thing I tried before.  Took off R16L KDEN and flew an ILS pattern.  The autopilot successfully intercepted the localizer and glideslope.  Did a touch and go and went around for a second ILS.  This time everything went as one should expect.  So I'm just going to have to keep practicing to get used to the quirks of these autopilots.  This attempt was with the standard autpiolot that comes with the GNS liveries.  Next I'll have to practice with the 605 that comes with the PMS50 GTN liveries and see if I can improve.

Edited by jfwharton
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Andydigital said:

The bungee is connected to the nosewheel not the rudder.

That is correct. I spoke directly to the plane's owner myself this time.

Al

3 hours ago, jfwharton said:

Why do the autopilots have to nose dive whenever you turn on an autopilot.  This happens with either autopilot.  After takeoff I clean up and trim the aircraft for the climb, have HDG set and either the VS set to 0 or preset to 1000.  Turn on the autopilot and the aircraft goes into a 2000 fpm dive.

I have seen similar behavior.  Typically first time only.  After using the AP in the flight, you can turn it off and on again, and it will behave itself.  Seems like an initialization problem to me..  If you have the altitude preselected, ALTS mode, this problem does not appear, however.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I use the Honeycomb stuff and the trim wheel on the bravo basically barely moves in this plane when rotating it. Probably not a bug and I might be missing something obvious but does anyone have a solution for this?

From EGFF to YSSY

Could it be that "Battery off" is missing from the cheklist just before the external inspection?

Igor Bischi

I can feather both props together using the "Toggle Propeller Reverse Thrust" command but there is no such command for individual props.

I've tried dragging each prop lever back to the feathered position with the mouse and each prop does feather correspondingly (or starts to) but this seems to be unreliable.

Using the mouse, the left lever moves to the feathered position but then flicks back to the unfeathered position (sometimes immediately and sometimes after 4 or 5 secs), with the prop also then going to unfeathered.

Using the mouse the right lever sometimes (very occasionally) stays in the feathered position and the prop stays unfeathered (oops, correction - stays feathered).  But usually it does the same as described above for the left lever.

Edited by Sender46
Correction
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jfwharton said:

Thanks but I wanted to avoid doing stuff like that.  But nice to know.  As I said, I should have just stayed with the free GTN and not wasted my $80+ on the PMS lifetime.  But the money is spent.

Ah but not all is lost. On their discord, it seems as though pms50 is also working with the working title people (who are hired by Asobo) to start implementing their technology into their gns.

I dont have the lifetime pass but I use navigraph for everything and I am used to it so I'll probably keep it. They will try to implement more function into it.

Apparently they want to use this technology in the chancellor.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Is there a list of the 1.3.1 hotfix items?

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

11 minutes ago, vegasjon said:

Is there a list of the 1.3.1 hotfix items?

It's in the zip file you download.

Edited by jfwharton