Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Anyone else not getting the electric windshield indication when the windshield heat is on any more? Just installed 1.3.2 hotfix and it wasn't in 1.3.1 hotfix either?

1 hour ago, Banshee56 said:

Bought this 414 to use in FSEconomy after reading a few reviews from different sources. Very pleased so far and have seen increases in quality and performance with the various patches.  I have been using the PMS GTN750 and have settled into a good routine for takeoff and landings, though I don't use ILS approaches since I've yet to learn how.  I generally use VFR/GPS and can do what I want with the plane using that method.  With the last two patches, I've noticed two things that affect my enjoyment:

1) When braking upon landing, the plane "pourposes" (i.e. nose gear seems to bounce) until stopped. I tried adjusting the nose gear braking scalar to see if that was a problem, but it didn't have any effect.

2)   For three straight flights (Patch 1.3.2), as soon as I make a turn on final approaching an airport, my fps drops to 10 or under after averaging 35-40 in all other parts of the flight. As soon as I touch down, fps instantly jumps back to normal. For my PC, I'm running an Intel 7700, 32GB PC3200 RAM, and Nvidia 3060 graphics card.  I haven't updated drivers in a while as I settleled on a version that seemed to give me the best performance in MSFS and other games.  Other than drivers, any ideas on what in the options I can change or is this 414 model related since the fps instantly go back up after touching down?

1: As for the brake "diving" what hardware do you use? Did you look at your sensitivity settings for braking power, if you're using different hardware. For example: I use the Saitek Pedals for rudder, differential braking and braking. I also have brakes on my Alpha Yoke (I know its not the most realistic but I have a toddler that loves to fly with me so she can at least hit the brakes. I know, cute.). So, I set the Saitek pedals to be pretty heavy and the more I push on the brakes the more braking power I get. Try that, it should help.

2: Performance. Which airports/areas was this? Is your pre-chacing on? Do you have Rolling Cache enabled? I flew a few times today (have similar-ish setup) and didn't notice this issue unless I was near heavy photogrammy areas like LAX or even PDX lately. Do you notice objects "popping" out of nowhere as you approach? That could be your LOD is set differently from mine.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

14 hours ago, DanBirasi said:

Rudder authority needs to be increased. 18kts X-wind and no chance to keep it on the runway. (just in case someone thinks its me: 13.000 RL hours - i know how to handle a plane)

Uhhh...l second this. I didn't have this issue in the previous betas but I think it got worse.

KPDX is windy as hell today with gusts and it was very difficult to even get in the air. Worse than usual. Tried a few less windy areas and it was still difficult.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Using SU9 beta with FSUIPC7 CTD. I tried starting the 414 running at the runway, then connecting FSUIPC7 to the sim. It immediately CTD.

However, if I use the default 208B Grand Caravan, running at the runway, then connecting FSUIPC7 the sim runs OK.

It is the combination of the 414A, SU9, and FSUIPC7 that CTD.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

14 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

1: As for the brake "diving" what hardware do you use? Did you look at your sensitivity settings for braking power, if you're using different hardware. For example: I use the Saitek Pedals for rudder, differential braking and braking. I also have brakes on my Alpha Yoke (I know its not the most realistic but I have a toddler that loves to fly with me so she can at least hit the brakes. I know, cute.). So, I set the Saitek pedals to be pretty heavy and the more I push on the brakes the more braking power I get. Try that, it should help.

2: Performance. Which airports/areas was this? Is your pre-chacing on? Do you have Rolling Cache enabled? I flew a few times today (have similar-ish setup) and didn't notice this issue unless I was near heavy photogrammy areas like LAX or even PDX lately. Do you notice objects "popping" out of nowhere as you approach? That could be your LOD is set differently from mine.

1. I'm using an xBox controller with an analog button for brakes, so sensitivity is non-existant for this axis.  This brake behavior is different from two patches ago.

2. Pre-caching on. Rolling cache not enabled.  LOD is set at mid-range. Photogrammetry not enabled. Again, it only started happending in the latest patch.

2 hours ago, Sender46 said:

I don't know if this means anything but:

Just had the heading bug and CDI go to 10 degree increments again.  I happened to change the NAV frequency from active to standby and back again.  And hey presto, immediately after that the heading bug and CDI were back to 1 degree increments again 🙂 .

I don't know if that gives a clue for a fix or not.  Will try that when it happens again.

P.S. Using Beta 1.3.2_Hotfix and the PMS50 GTN 750.

Thanks Sender, this is very interesting! I actually don't get the problem often. If I do experience the 10 degree glitch again I'll try this and report back.

3 hours ago, Banshee56 said:

1. I'm using an xBox controller with an analog button for brakes, so sensitivity is non-existant for this axis.  This brake behavior is different from two patches ago.

2. Pre-caching on. Rolling cache not enabled.  LOD is set at mid-range. Photogrammetry not enabled. Again, it only started happending in the latest patch.

Got it. Don't think I could help much with the braking portion but I am trying to reproduce what you're experiencing in the sim. Give me a few.

I flew a very rainy and windy approach from KTIW (Tacoma Narrows) to CYXX just to see what a large city does.

For me, it does the same regardless of the plane. The CRJ and DC-6 are objectively worse for FPS for other reasons (not getting into that now).

It seems to be doing to this to many of my planes. I did the same flight with the Kodiak and (gulp) Seneca. The weather was better by the time I was flying the Seneca until the sim crashed. Thanks, Carenado.

KSEA is a resource hog and I noticed it from KTIW until finally passing over the KSEA area.

As another user pointed out: at 20knts and some gusts, this was very difficult to taxi after landing. The ILS didn't work on this approach but its a freeware airport so that could be culprit. ILS usually worked in this plane since the start....but the rudder hardly made a dent during the taxi. I flew the ILS/GS into CYXX.....sorry, I was handflying because the ILS didn't capture.....and it was a great approach and landing. Butter, even. But right after the plane slows to below 90knts it wouldn't taxi.

7 hours ago, KETORYP said:

ok, tried the TMB and my Class Echo worked correctly.  Switched over to the 414 and it wouldn't work.  unable to change squawk codes, couldn't adjust set altitude, and if i selected VS, it locked into 35000 alt and wouldn't let me change it. 

the C414 uses LVARs ... it is not standard simvars... your echo will need to be setup to use those...

Les O'Reilly

5 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Using SU9 beta with FSUIPC7 CTD. I tried starting the 414 running at the runway, then connecting FSUIPC7 to the sim. It immediately CTD.

However, if I use the default 208B Grand Caravan, running at the runway, then connecting FSUIPC7 the sim runs OK.

It is the combination of the 414A, SU9, and FSUIPC7 that CTD.

the 208 does not have many LVARs if any really... while the 414A has a lot and is much more complex...  There is a bug with anything that is using simconnect and requesting data when the sim is in the menu (SU9 Beta..) ... if everything works in SU8 then you know the change is with the software.. and guess what.. no SDK notes about what has changed has been published.....

Les O'Reilly

13 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Got it. Don't think I could help much with the braking portion but I am trying to reproduce what you're experiencing in the sim. Give me a few.

Actually, after I replied, I went back and checked and I do have the rolling cache enabled.  It's just so weird that it started happening after the latest patch and that fps goes right back up the moment I touch down.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I recently purchased the C414 for MSFS, I realize it's beta.

It won't fully install for some reason.

The download seems ok, 1.13gb.

The installer runs, finds the install location community folder as listed in the User cfg. file.

However, it only installs 2 folders: effects and html ui, then quits the install.

I tried several downloads, don't think that's the problem, all were 1.13gb and all had the same 8 files in the download.

Tried disabling all security anti-virus software, still no joy.

Not sure if Windows TPM requirements plays a part here.

Haven't had problems with any previous installs.

Contact through FSW messaging and their discord channel hasn't, as of yet, yielded any results.

As I stated previously the download seems ok.

The install process is only partial, it starts the install, installs some files then stops without error or notification.

Any other suggestions?

And the community folder is empty during attempted install.

Edited by christb
punctuation/additional info

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

4 hours ago, Banshee56 said:

Actually, after I replied, I went back and checked and I do have the rolling cache enabled.  It's just so weird that it started happening after the latest patch and that fps goes right back up the moment I touch down.

Odd. I am not having this issue on my end. Are you flying at completely default locations?

7 minutes ago, christb said:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I recently purchased the C414 for MSFS, I realize it's beta.

It won't fully install for some reason.

The download seems ok, 1.13gb.

The installer runs, finds the install location community folder as listed in the User cfg. file.

However, it only installs 2 folders: effects and html ui, then quits the install.

I tried several downloads, don't think that's the problem, all were 1.13gb and all had the same 8 files in the download.

Tried disabling all security anti-virus software, still no joy.

Not sure if Windows TPM requirements plays a part here.

Haven't had problems with any previous installs.

Contact through FSW messaging and their discord channel hasn't, as of yet, yielded any results.

As I stated previously the download seems ok.

The install process is only partial, it starts the install, installs some files then stops without error or notification.

Any other suggestions?

Directly from their site:

""DOWNLOAD MANAGER MAY BE REQUIRED FOR LARGE FILES if you are having issues getting a complete zip 1.2 gigs for the C414AW then follow these instructions….Install chrome then add this extension to chrome extensions. Now simply click the download link from your order. After you can click the chrome downloads page and view the progress. if working there will be text at the bottom saying “Downloaded by Free Download Manager”. This means the manager is working chrome. DOWNLOAD EXTENSION ""

From my understanding...they expected a few hundred people vs a few thousand. Haha

Edited by Sonosusto