Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried it. no joy, same results only partial install, but thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by christb

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

I can't get the Emergency Landing Gear Extension to work properly.

I pulled the Emergency Gear Handle at 120 KIAS (i.e. below 130 KIAS as per the POH).  The nosewheel green light came on but the red Gear Unlocked light stayed on and the green lights for both the mains staying unlit.  Externally the mains looked to be in the normal gear down position. I tried yawing aggressively from side to side to get them to lock but that didn't work. 

I've exited MSFS and restarted a number of times and this happens every time.

The POH says to pull the GEAR HYD circuit breaker before pulling the Emergency Gear Extension T-Handle.  With the circuit breakers not working, I switched off the battery and alternators before pulling the T-Handle but that didn't make any difference. 

Also, (and I'm being really picky here) when the Emergency Gear Handle T-Handle is operated, the landing gear switch moves to the down position on it's own.  I'm no expert but I question whether that is correct, as the POH says to move the landing gear switch to DOWN before pulling the T-Handle (i.e. it needs to be moved down by the pilot).  And the hydraulics schematic in the POH does not show any connection between the Emergency Gear Extension Handle (which operates the emergency blowdown bottle valve) and the Landing Gear Switch (which operates a separate landing gear control valve).  I defer to others who may know better on whether the landing gear switch should move down on it's own.

As per the POH, I checked the Gear Warning Horn but that wasn't working at all, not even with the test button.  I would have thought that should at least still be working on test but maybe I'm wrong.

It's nice to see that the gear cannot not be raised again once the Emergency Gear Extension T-Handle has been operated, correct operation as per the POH.

I tried a landing, gently, and the right main collapsed and skewed me off the runway onto the grass.  Even though the left main green light wasn't lit, that one did not collapse.  

I love how the consequences of the gear not locking down are realistically modelled and it was really quite immersive doing all this.  Whilst I don't know if this particular failure is intended by FSW, I welcome failures being included and failure of the Emergency Landing Gear Extension certainly does add to the immersion.  However, maybe the likelihood of that happening could be reduced rather than have that happen every time it is used.

Edited by Sender46
  • Like 1

In the version 1.4 beta the fuel selector panel, right side still shows "LEFT ENG OFF"
When starting a flight in parking the left fuel selector is set to LEFT ENG OFF but the right fuel selector is set to LEFT MAIN.

On the RMI card the NAV needle works for NAV2 but not for NAV1. I am flying the PMS50 GTN version.

Edited by jfwharton

11 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Gallons Remaining and Pounds Remaining do not decrease.

The fuel computer has been updated but more work is needed so there was no change for it included in Beta 1.4.

Al

C414 Beta 1.4 Change Log:

1. The tablet walk around checklist hotspots for cameras had some mistakes due to new cameras being added. Fixed

2. Fuel Totalizer is still getting updated. More to come!!!

3. Autopilot updated and tested for GPS/LOC approaches. But modes also updated and much much more. More to come!!!

4. Turn ball for the turn/slip gauges now has full deflection.

5. Fuel flows are now accurate.

6. In legacy all 3-way switches now move in the correct directions.

7. You can now do a accurate gonvernor check.

8. Stall speeds updated.

9. The EFB tablet can now have the battery replaced. See user manual for details.

10. Glass scratches and fingerprints updated.

11. The autopilot and transponder both now have real world background color.

12. Taxi light no longer stays on when retracted.

13. Flight dynamics updated including too twitchy on runway and rudder controls.

14. The engine performance updated.

15. Mag check was never updated as it does move 75 RPM but this is not easy to see.

16. Rudder was incorrectly coded to be part of the bungee cord for the nose steering but due to limitation it was not animating as intended. We have put the rudder back on the default animation and will move as long as the rudder lock is off.

17. The HSI compass card was reported that the needle was not centered. The needle was accurate but sitting to far above from the card giving an illusion that the needle was miss aligned. Fixed.

19. Lowered volume for ground roll and GPU sounds. Fixed the skip in the ineterior high rpm loop sound.

20. The windshield Annunciator light is working now.

21. Go around is now working.

Edited by ark

21 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

On the RMI card the NAV needle works for NAV2 but not for NAV1. I am flying the PMS50 GTN version.

Actually, if you look at the little window above the right RMI selection knob that shows N1, N2 or RN as the knob is rotated, you will see the RMI does respond correctly according to the frequency settings in the radios. What got messed up was the knob animation with respect to the other markings written directly on the panel. Problem noted.

Al

Edited by ark

1.4 I am also getting gallons/pounds not decreasing. (Disregard)

Flight model does feel improved. Will let you about how the next crosswind is.

Camera views are still "off." When I try hit the view up it goes down underneath the plane, the next view properly is in the aircraft. Though, I'd have to say that the view is really close in comparison to other planes. Not a big deal.

Also, landing light switch is opposite.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

10 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Also, landing switch is opposite.

Could you please elaborate on this -- I can't seem to reproduce the problem, but perhaps I don't understand what you mean.

Al

5 minutes ago, ark said:

Could you please elaborate on this -- I can't seem to reproduce the problem, but perhaps I don't understand what you mean.

Al

When I click the Landing Light all the forward, the lights retract but they are still off. When I clock off, its off. When I click to the back towards Retract, the landing lights are On and Extended forward.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

22 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

When I click the Landing Light all the forward, the lights retract but they are still on. When I clock off, its off. When I click to the back towards Retract, the landing lights are On and Extended forward.

I see now what you mean. Due to a bug that slipped in during the update, I think all the 3-way switches may be "backwards". FSW may put out a hot fix for this tomorrow.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ark said:

I see now what you mean. Due to a bug that slipped in during the update, I think all the 3-way switches may be "backwards". FSW may put out a hot fix for this tomorrow.

Al

I mean, if these are the most glaring issues then I guess I will keep flying.

By the way, rudder authority has improved in some windy-ish approaches around 15knts. I had issues after landing and the plane was all over the place. I will keep testing some landings. Probably do touch n goes. Anyone have a good and windy airport they'd recommend?

Can confirm all of what Sonosuto said. And i know it's a matter of personal taste, but i like some more scratches on the windscreen.