Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Also 1.4.3 - I dont know if anyone else is finding this but the vertical components of the autopilot in the GTN750 (not TDS) version are completely unflyable - the altitude won’t be captured and whatever VS is selected, the aircraft just keeps going up.

1 hour ago, rondon9898 said:

Also 1.4.3 - I dont know if anyone else is finding this but the vertical components of the autopilot in the GTN750 (not TDS) version are completely unflyable - the altitude won’t be captured and whatever VS is selected, the aircraft just keeps going up.

After you set the altitude you want, you have to arm it, then select ALT on the autopilot.

I just did a flight and the altitude capture and hold is working perfectly for me.

I am using the PMS50 GTN.

Taxi steering is much better now but takeoff and landing rudder still jerky - not as bad as it was, but still jerky. I’m beginning to think that is a problem too intrinsic to MSFS to rectify. How on earth nobody in the development stages of MSFS noticed it baffles me slightly.

1 minute ago, skully said:

After you set the altitude you want, you have to arm it, then select ALT on the autopilot.

I just did a flight and the altitude capture and hold is working perfectly for me.

I am using the PMS50 GTN.

It seems going down is OK, strangely, going up is not working for me - it won’t capture and selecting 0 VS, LVL, or ALT just makes the aircraft go up.

Just now, rondon9898 said:

It seems going down is OK, strangely, going up is not working for me - it won’t capture and selecting 0 VS, LVL, or ALT just makes the aircraft go up.

Make sure when you arm the altitude, the arm light comes on and stays on.

If it doesn't, click ALT on the autopilot the click arm again and the light should stay on then click ALT again.

You should also be able to adjust your vertical speed by using the VS wheel.

• Upvote 1

Two GTN 750 (pms50 freebee) issues:

While flying along in level flight at altitude specified in alerter  with engines at 29" MP/2400 RPM plane porpoises up and down.  It goes from +500 fpm to -500 fpm and back to +500 in 7-seconds.  The plane gains and loses about 200 feet with each cycle.  This happens at all altitudes from 4,000 (lowest I've tested) to 18,000 (highest tested).  It does not happen on every straight and level flight but once it starts it does not stop.   It does occur about 50% of the time in straight and level flight. 

While flying along with the AP in either NAV/GPS or NAV/LOC or APR the plane follows the magenta line, and glide slope if on APR, and is stable. When on APR the GS symbol is green.   Then, as the plane gets within 2 or 3 minutes of the next waypoint, or within a minute of touchdown, the AP starts a gentle roll/turn to the left with a descent rate of about 500 fpm.  Over the next 10-seconds the turn tightens and the descent rate increases.  

About half the time the AP does straighten out and flies to the next WP after making a full 360° turn and losing 1,500 to 2,000 feet.  It then climbs back to the alert altitude and continues on the correct course.  Occasionally the AP does not straighten out the flight and the spiraling descent either hits the ground or exceeds structural limits.  

Of course, if the descending left turn happens on final approach the plane descends into the ground before completing a 360° turn.

This turning problem occurs at any altitude and any speed.  I have seen it at 195 kts IAS at 18,000-feet and at 97 knots at 400-feet.  

Hotfix 1.4.3 is applied but did not fix the issues.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

4 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

This is what works for me the PMS50 GTNs (with Beta 1.4.3_Hotfix).

TO CLIMB:

In level flight, set required altitude on the Alt Alert,

Arm the Alt Alert (yellow light comes on),

Select VS and set required FPM,

Plane climbs and captures (green CPLD light comes on).

To DESCEND:

Select ALT to uncouple the Alt Alert (green CPLD light goes off) otherwise you won't be able to arm it,

Plane descends and captures (green CPLD light comes on).

IN LEVEL FLIGHT:

Once captured and level, selecting 0 VS, LVL or ALT all keep me in level flight.

Edited by Sender46
  • Upvote 1

APR mode isn't working for me with the PMS50 GTN 750s (Beta 1.4.3_Hotfix).  I can track the ILS in NAV mode and I can see the glideslope bar coming down.  When I get to the glideslope and select APR mode, the autopilot shows GS but it doesn't capture the glideslope.

Edited by Sender46

33 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

APR mode isn't working for me with the PMS50 GTN 750s (Beta 1.4.3_Hotfix).  I can track the ILS in NAV mode and I can see the glideslope bar coming down.  When I get to the glideslope and select APR mode, the autopilot shows GS but it doesn't capture the glideslope.

Hey Sender, I've got the files from the discord and it seems to be working for me with the PMS50 GTN750. But it didn't solve the problem where the plane sometimes descends a little too quick and loses the slope. If you haven't grabbed the files from discord, grab em and let me know if it's fixed for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sender46 said:

This is what works for me the PMS50 GTNs (with Beta 1.4.3_Hotfix).

TO CLIMB:

In level flight, set required altitude on the Alt Alert,

Plane climbs and captures (green CPLD light comes on).

To DESCEND:

Select ALT to uncouple the Alt Alert (green CPLD light goes off) otherwise you won't be able to arm it,

Plane descends and captures (green CPLD light comes on).

IN LEVEL FLIGHT:

Once captured and level, selecting 0 VS, LVL or ALT all keep me in level flight.

I would add the following (PMS50 version).  After leveling off at your initial altitude in order to climb to a higher altitude you need to set the alt alerter, turn off ALT, select VS and set the climb rate and then arm the altitude alerter.  At least that's how it works for me and captures the new altitude.  When I do a descent I first set the altitude alerter, then turn off ALT, select VS and set the descent rate and then arm the alerter.  In both cases the altitude is captured and ALT engaged maintaining level flight.

1.4.3 - SU8

I am getting intense right turn on idle power/taxi without any pedal input (no other plane does this.)
On take off roll I have to give full left rudder to stay centered.

CEO | Walker Air Transport | walkerair.us

3 minutes ago, Ither said:

1.4.3 - SU8

I am getting intense right turn on idle power/taxi without any pedal input (no other plane does this.)
On take off roll I have to give full left rudder to stay centered.

Greetings fellow Walker. Enable Auto rudder and you will be fine. It's a known issue.

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

Greetings fellow Walker. Enable Auto rudder and you will be fine. It's a known issue.

Just saw you left Discord.

Will do, thanks!

CEO | Walker Air Transport | walkerair.us