Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

On 4/11/2022 at 1:42 PM, Sender46 said:

I'm seeing a slight change since the above post.

When I pull the right prop lever back to the feathered position with the mouse, it stays there every time and the right prop stays feathered until the lever is moved forward again (i.e. working correctly).

But when pulling the left prop lever back to the feathered position with the mouse, it moves back initially but still flicks back to the unfeathered position (now after about a second every time). 

EDIT:

While checking out the feathering I've had a light bulb moment and learned something that others may already know but I'll share in case some don't.

I had not realised until now that the "Toggle Propeller Reverse Thrust" command actually reverses the direction of operation of the prop levers, so that when moving the hardware prop levers forward (i.e. on my TQS), the prop levers in the sim move from low to feathered (and will not move into the normal low to high range).  And if the engine is still running and the throttle is at idle, moving the lever to the feathered position in this way will shut the engine down.  If a throttle is not at idle that engine will continue running until otherwise shut down.

One prop can be feathered individually in this way but because the "Toggle Propeller Reverse Thrust" command reverses the direction of operation of both levers you can't operate the other engine with that prop lever in the normal low to high range.

Interestingly, with the "Toggle Propeller Reverse Thrust" command activated, I can drag each prop lever individually to the feathered position with the mouse and they will stay in the feathered position (either or both).  But with one lever feathered the other will not move into the normal low to high operating range (because of the common MSFS command).

So until MSFS give us a separate "Toggle Propeller Reverse Thrust" command for each prop, it appears we still need to be able to drag each prop lever individually with the mouse to the feathered position, regardless of the existing MSFS command.  Currently I can do that with the right prop but not with the left prop.

Hi folks here is tonight's update change log for our release tonight. Please read the change logs as we are getting many of the same reports. The fuel computer was never completed and a few of the modes are inop and we plan to update near the end of the beta period. Thanks. https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-cessna-414a-chancellor-msfs2020/

Thank you so much FSW for what you are doing with this superb plane!!  I'm absolutely loving it 🙂

Edited by Sender46

I see the GA (Go Around) button on the autopilot mode selector for the GNS 530 version.

The manual for the GMC 605 refers to a GA button installed in the cockpit to provide a Go Around function with this autopilot (see  link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32nb4hxt6hyoq50/Go Around.png?dl=0) but I can't find this button in the GTN 750 or the GTNxi 750 versions.  

Is the GA function modelled in these two versions and if so, can somebody please point me to it?

If it's not modelled in these two versions, can it be included?

The placard in the pilot's footwell says: TO APPLY BRAKES, DEPRESS RUDDER PEDALS, THEN PULL KNOB

But pulling the knob depresses the rudder pedals without touching them.  I know that's how MSFS works with other planes but can that be worked around to operate realistically or is that a limitation of MSFS?

Edited by Sender46

8 hours ago, C525B said:

@Steve Dra Wow, I'm excited for that paint!  (But I'm guessing not as much as @capceo

I would suggest checking out "av-fonts.zip" here in the Avsim library for the tail number.  Looks like the Cessna factory font, but also perfect for many other GA/corporate aircraft.

Thanks!   I'll check out that font file!

Sadly I won't be able to release an accurate paintjob on his 414 until I get some answers/help that I asked about here.🤔

@capceo I actually used your youtube vid of this lovely plane to help me paint this...but the nose and nacelle stripes are the only thing keeping this paint from being complete.  Hopefully I can get my questions answered about the kit/model so I can get this and a few more liveries done before I have to move off this project and focus on "bigger" birds in their late beta stages. 😉 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Not an issue but a question should anyone here know about the TDI GTNs...is it possible to cross-fill between them?  If so is there any info on the web on how to do it?  

Thanks

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

about the TDI GTNs...is it possible to cross-fill between them?

I saw this over on the TDS forums related to a C414 discussion there. It's been requested multiple times on their forums but sounds like something they're going to need to figure out and code up in a future release of the GTN:

What you are asking for is called Crossfill, this is a known optional feature in the real GTNXi and we currently do not have it enabled in the TDS GTNXi. Thank you for your future request, we will look into it when the time comes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sender46 said:

s the GA function modelled in these two versions and if so, can somebody please point me to it?

The GA button (click spot) is on the top left side of the left throttle handle.

Al

Version 1.5 beta, GNS model.  ALT ALERT shows ARMED and CPLD lights when reaching cruising altitude.  Also when the aircraft was initially steady at 7,400 ft when starting the ILS 08 at KPUB.  On slowing to configure the aircraft started to descend and power had to be applied to get the aircraft to climb back to altitude.  The airspeed at the time was 120.  The aircraft did not capture glideslope.  I had to pull power to idle to get the aircraft to descend.  Once on glidepath it did not maintain glideslope.

Edited by jfwharton

Great package which I am enjoying a lot; however, since installing Beta 1.5.0 the left engine EGT and the right engine CHT needles do not move off the bottom stop.  Tested with GTN750 and GNS530 panels, I do not have the TDS GTNXi.

• Upvote 1

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but searched and can't find anything on it.

Landing on RWY 20 at EGHI, ILS 110.75 on NAV 1, N1 selected on the DME.  The NM counted down OK on the DME but the KTS showed 000 and the MIN showed 999 all the way in. (Beta 1.5.0 and PMS50 GTN 750)

Still dropping below glideslope using APR.

44 minutes ago, ark said:

The GA button (click spot) is on the top left side of the left throttle handle.

Al

Aha!  Thank you for that 🙂

1 hour ago, Sender46 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but searched and can't find anything on it.

Landing on RWY 20 at EGHI, ILS 110.75 on NAV 1, N1 selected on the DME.  The NM counted down OK on the DME but the KTS showed 000 and the MIN showed 999 all the way in. (Beta 1.5.0 and PMS50 GTN 750)

Still dropping below glideslope using APR.

Try a different airport and see what happens. DME worked correctly for me at KCLT ILS 18R, freq 110.15 with the TDS GTN750. The code for the DME unit should be the same regardless of which GTN is being used. I will try EGHI.

EDIT:  Agree something wrong with the DME in the PMS ver of the plane. Doesn't work even with a VOR/DME station. Something did not get updated in the code; will let FSW know tonight.

Al

Edited by ark

1.5 beta, PMS50 model.  Left EGT gauge not working and Right CYC temp not working.  Same with the GNS model.

Edited by jfwharton