Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

48 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

THIS WORKS FOR ME IN THE AIR::

Mixture to RICH

Throttle half way open (EDIT: It also starts just moving the throttle to half inch open)

Move prop lever from feather position to low with the mouse

Then move prop lever to full fine with the mouse (EDIT: It also starts if you miss out this step and just leave it at low)

Airspeed (130 KIAS) starts the engine

AND THIS WORKS FOR ME ON THE GROUND:

Mixture to RICH

Throttle half inch open as for normal start

Move prop lever from feather position to low with the mouse

Then move prop lever to full fine with the mouse (EDIT: It also starts if you miss out this step and just leave it at low)

Start the engine with the starter button as normal

Thank you very much!  That worked quite nicely.

9 hours ago, Lerxtwood said:

Thanks for the background info @C525B. This used to really bug me, having to enter the flight plan on both units in the 414, but I've just gotten into the habit of creating my flight plans in simbrief and importing the same flight plan into both TDS 750s in the cockpit. Not perfect, but still love the TDS implementation of the GTN750. Maybe someday Garmin will add the ability in their trainer.

That's smart.  I wouldn't have thought to use SimBrief with GA airplanes...will start doing that in the future for longer IFR flights in the C414 or Arrows.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 7:44 PM, Flysimware said:

Hi folks here is tonight's update change log for our release tonight. Please read the change logs as we are getting many of the same reports. The fuel computer was never completed and a few of the modes are inop and we plan to update near the end of the beta period. Thanks. https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-cessna-414a-chancellor-msfs2020/

@Flysimware  I just read the change note there.  I truly you hope you don't take the commentary about the sound personally.  You made a very good sound environment overall and it's clear that it was an effort...there are so many atmospheric effects that sound great.  Broadly, the issue seems to be editing the recordings of the engines, and understandably that is pretty difficult.  People just wanted a little more "waaaaah" and a little more drama in the ol' cochleas.

There is a tool that can extract sounds from the Wwise .pck.  I used it because I was curious.  I can say that all of FSW's recordings are of very high quality, so I think the only problem was having too few engine samples across the RPM range, and maybe not loud enough.\

Is anybody else finding they float a long way when landing with Beta_1.5.0_Hotfix?  Even with just a pilot and 80% fuel, touching down at just 80 KIAS I'm still floating a long way.

And with T/O trim set, it lifts off below 90 KIAS with no back pressure at all on the yoke.

Edited by Sender46

24 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Is anybody else finding they float a long way when landing with Beta_1.5.0_Hotfix?  Even with just a pilot and 80% fuel, touching down at just 80 KIAS I'm still floating a long way.

And with T/O trim set, it lifts off below 90 KIAS with no back pressure at all on the yoke.

I also noticed with beta 1.5 that the aircraft taxis faster than before.  Once I got the aircraft moving retarding the throttles to idle would not slow the aircraft down.  I just reinstalledd 1.4.3 to see how it taxis with that version.

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2022 at 4:44 AM, jfwharton said:

Is there anywhere I could download chart, table showing the approach speeds for different flap configurations?

These show approach speeds for 45 degrees flaps (+ 13 KIAS for no flaps):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1i0k8t768o9m6k/Landing Speeds (1 of 2).png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6kslq11kugfufe/Landing Speeds (2 of 2).png?dl=0

Link for the POH:

C414A POH Pdf - Redcliffe Aero Club

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I also noticed with beta 1.5 that the aircraft taxis faster than before.  Once I got the aircraft moving retarding the throttles to idle would not slow the aircraft down.  I just reinstalledd 1.4.3 to see how it taxis with that version.

That's not helped by the minimum idle speed being 800rpm.  As mentioned previously, the POH says idle at 600 to 800rpm to cool hot engines, so on that basis they should go lower than 800rpm.  But maybe 1.5.0 changed something in addition to that?

Edited by Sender46

On 4/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, Ron Attwood said:

But what about the wobbly spinners eh?

Hallelujah! I thought mine was a cry in the dark but no, the spinners have been screwed on properly. Never acknowledged, but fixed. 👍  Now there can be any amount of needles pointing in the wrong direction or glide slopes missed, I don't care! 😄

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

19 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Hallelujah! I thought mine was a cry in the dark but no, the spinners have been screwed on properly. Never acknowledged, but fixed. 👍  Now there can be any amount of needles pointing in the wrong direction or glide slopes missed, I don't care! 😄

Actually, it was a reflections related issue of some kind. No adjustment to the physical alignment of the spinners was necessary.

Al

Edited by ark

I don't know if this has already been answered here:
Is there a list of the known bugs and systems not yet fully coded?

This prevents me/us from posting about things that are still in progress or known!

Edited by Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

5 hours ago, jfwharton said:

I noticed that too. In addition, the plane (when taxiing slowly) pushes over the front wheel when you steer fully left or right (understeer). So the front tire would be quickly rubbed off 😬

Edited by Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

6 hours ago, Sender46 said:

Yes, same here, stays in ground effect and doesn't like to slow down.

13 minutes ago, skully said:

Yes, same here, stays in ground effect and doesn't like to slow down.

See the same on approach. Never slows down on shallow approach and have to use flap, which is mot good to slow down. Went back to 1.4 and is much better.