Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Made a quick test with a "clean" Community folder and there is something definitely conflicting with the AP..........

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

Using 1.7.0 beta when setting the Altitude Alerter there is no sound when adjusting the 10,000 ft tab.  Moving all of the other tabs makes a sound, just not when moving the 10,000 tab.

And never mind about something conflicting with the AP... tested again with only the 414A (1.7.0 + SU9) and TDS in my Community folder and the AP is totally crazy broken for me. VS won't work consistently. 

Edited by DPIL

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

Fix

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I'm using 1.7.0 beta and the PMS50 GTN version.  When engaging the autopilot in ROL with the aircraft trimmed in a climb the VVI decreases.  If I then select HDG which switches over to VS the VS doesn't show up as 0 but instead is negative, sometimes -400 fpm or more.

3 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I'm using 1.7.0 beta and the PMS50 GTN version.  When engaging the autopilot in ROL with the aircraft trimmed in a climb the VVI decreases.  If I then select HDG which switches over to VS the VS doesn't show up as 0 but instead is negative, sometimes -400 fpm or more.

Exaclty same issue here !! VS is very broken for me, using either PMS or TDS. However, I just found a quick and easy workaround. Before trying anything with the VS, hit IAS first and then, go back to VS... this works for me !

Just now, DPIL said:

Exaclty same issue here !! VS is very broken for me, using either PMS or TDS. However, I just found a quick and easy workaround. Before trying anything with the VS, hit IAS first and then, go back to VS... this works for me !

Thanks for the tip.  

The PMS GTN has a built in AP under Utilities (this may only be with the Payware ver -- not sure). In any case I would assume you don't want the PMS AP and the AP that comes with the C414 both active at the same time. I'm not familiar with now to manage that, however.

Al

Edited by ark

I've just updated to SU9 and 1.7.0 and the fuel computer still isn't working correctly.

Loaded a flight with PMS50 GTN750, starting cold and dark in a parking spot at KORF with 80% fuel (164.8 gals).

Switched battery on                                   -    Top section blank (no numbers) - INCORRECT

At this stage the amount remaining in the tanks from the previous flight should be displayed, (i.e. 164.8 gals).  If I don't want to add any fuel, pressing ENTER should set the computer to that amount for the flight.

Because that didn't work, I tried:
Pressed TEST and released                     -    Top section still blank (no numbers) - INCORRECT
Switched battery off, pressed TEST, 
released & switched battery back on        -    Top section still blank (no numbers) - INCORRECT

That didn't help, so I carried on with:
Pressed FUNCTION to get into FILL UP mode                             -    206 in top section - CORRECT
but I don't want to fill up, so:

Pressed FUNCTION again to get into ADD FUEL mode               -    0-- in top section - CORRECT
but I don't want to add anything, so left that first figure as 0

Pressed FUNTION again                                                               -    00- in top section - CORRECT
but I don't want to add anything, so left the second figure as 0

Pressed FUNTION again                                                               -    000 in top section - CORRECT
but I don't want to add anything, so left the third figure as 0

Pressed FUNTION again                                                               -    000 in top section - CORRECT
Pressed ENTER to confirm adding 0 gals                                     -    165 in top section - CORRECT                                                                                                             BUT FUEL LOW WARNING FLASHING - INCORRECT

Computer now set at 165 gallons remaining for the flight, except that the FUEL LOW warning is flashing and I can't fix that.

I can eventually set the gallons remaining that I want for the flight but only by going through the extra steps above and only with the FUEL WARNING flashing.

At the first step, when switching on the battery, I should see the amount remaining in the tanks without touching the computer and if I don't want to add fuel I should be able to just press ENTER to set the computer to that amount for the flight.  I have seen that work correctly twice before with 1.6.2 but I haven't been able to establish why it worked correctly on only those two occasions.  But that does suggest that maybe it can be fixed.

EDIT:  I took so long to type this that I forgot to add that when I achieved 165 GALS REM on the computer, the FUEL LOW warning is flashing.

Edited by Sender46
Fuel warning bit added

Just tried to fly an ILS R08 at KPUB and the PMS50 GTN750 version would not capture localizer.  I saw there was an update to the PMS50 version but that didn't fix the issue.  I'm guessing this is related to the SU9 update that was installed today.

I tried flying two ILS instrument patterns at KDEN.  One with the GNS model and the other with the PMS50 GTN model.  Both starting on runway 34R.  Both flew the ILS without any issues.  So I'll have to check if this is related to the PMS50 and the SU9 update that was released today.  Will try flying some short flights with GPS transitioning over to VLOC at destination.  Also, I used HDG and VS after takeoff on both models and everything worked out well.

Edited by jfwharton

Don't forget about the WTT beta test from the pms50 discord

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

Don't forget about the WTT beta test from the pms50 discord

Too many things to keep track of.

I know I've mentioned this before and it's a little thing, but why does the cabin altitude knob only have one mouse cursor?  There is the clockwise cursor for increasing the cabin altitude.  But there is no counter-clockwise cursor for decreasing the cabin altitude.  That cursor is a zero.  A circle with a line through it.

7 hours ago, Sender46 said:

I've just updated to SU9 and 1.7.0 and the fuel computer still isn't working correctly.

Thank you for this report. After a test we found if you load more than lets 50% total fuel when you leave the flight and return then its broke. If less then it works. We will have this fixed soon so thanks for the help. And please leave flight with low tanks for now.

Edited by Flysimware