Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

I received an email stating that an update has been released but when I downloaded and installed it the version has not changed.  Still version 1.1.

Edited by jfwharton

8 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I received an email stating that an update has been released but when I downloaded and installed it the version has not changed.  Still version 1.1.

If it's the email - I'm thinking of it is a bit misleading but it's not an actual update to the product but an update from themselves directly:

"THIS EMAIL IS NOT AN UPDATE OR A PATCH. WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTUCTIONS"

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

12 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

OK I jumped the gun but it seems a little odd to send out that email.

I was equally confused, the initial statement in the email states that an update is available.. 😉

Hi Bert Pieke  NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE AT Flysimware Simulation Software - Digital Store

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 hours ago, the_simpilot said:

I think the fuel burn was identified as a simple copy and paste error during coding the engines.cfg. It simply doubles the amount for both engines instead of dividing by 2. There was a comment stating changing the value to 0.75 from 1.5 was bringing the fuel burn on par with the perf table

Yeah that was an accident from the dev as he was testing something and forgot to take that out for release.

Just a minor heads up that chart above is the RAM VII.  The FSW version is the RAM IV - slightly less power.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I was equally confused, the initial statement in the email states that an update is available.. 😉

Hi Bert Pieke  NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE AT Flysimware Simulation Software - Digital Store

I'm kind of learning about FSW from this purchase as well as their Grumman Widgeon that neither web design nor email alerts are their specialty.  Not a knock against their products though... Far from it.

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Hi. I am experiencing a transponder problem with the GNS530 version. After a short while the transponder does not respond to ATC commands. Normally the transponder will automatically tune according to ATC instructions, and this is ok with the GTN750 version but with the GNS530 it does not tune automatically. I tried tuning manually but no go. Eventually ATC services are terminated.

Lovely aircraft by the way. Really enjoying it.

Edited by flemingl

Hi there, first of all great job on this amazing plane.

Some bugs i found out:

1- There are no beacon lights, is this normal?

2 - The arrow that shows up when you want to switch the fuel tanks is placed the wrong way.

3 - Some buttons have their switch wrongly placed (to swtich on you must place the arrow in the lower part of the switch).

4 - The labeling on the right side generator is the same as the left one.

5 - The landing lights must have a different "variable" from the game because i have on the joystick the "Toggle Landing Lights" that works on every plane besides this one, the taxi lights work tho.

6 - On the table side, the option "ready to flight" doesn´t do anything.

7 - The quickview cameras inside the cockpit are wrongly setup and when i switch to quick view cockpit left or right it places the camera in the lower part outside the plane.

8 - Maybe its just for me, but i would prefer the default camera to be a little bit lower.

9 - Didn´t find a way to change the barometic pressure units from inHg to hPa, it would be nice to have this feature as other planes have this integrated on the G1000 like the cessna 172.

10 . Sometimes the indicator of low voltage shows up and disappears without doing nothing.

Some images: https://imgur.com/a/Pti4XGY

Best Regards,

Christoph3

53 minutes ago, Christoph3 said:

Hi there, first of all great job on this amazing plane.

Some bugs i found out:

1- There are no beacon lights, is this normal?

2 - The arrow that shows up when you want to switch the fuel tanks is placed the wrong way.

3 - Some buttons have their switch wrongly placed (to swtich on you must place the arrow in the lower part of the switch).

4 - The labeling on the right side generator is the same as the left one.

5 - The landing lights must have a different "variable" from the game because i have on the joystick the "Toggle Landing Lights" that works on every plane besides this one, the taxi lights work tho.

6 - On the table side, the option "ready to flight" doesn´t do anything.

7 - The quickview cameras inside the cockpit are wrongly setup and when i switch to quick view cockpit left or right it places the camera in the lower part outside the plane.

8 - Maybe its just for me, but i would prefer the default camera to be a little bit lower.

9 - Didn´t find a way to change the barometic pressure units from inHg to hPa, it would be nice to have this feature as other planes have this integrated on the G1000 like the cessna 172.

10 . Sometimes the indicator of low voltage shows up and disappears without doing nothing.

Some images: https://imgur.com/a/Pti4XGY

Best Regards,

Christoph3

For landing lights try to bind  Set Landing Lights it works for me, it does not retract though when turned off.

Oh cool. Noticed that email and read the bottom part. Really appreciate that they allow us to modify the cfg for some changes. Fuel burn, quickviews and using some "windex" cfg really helped the windows. 😀

No worries. Even with some of its flaws its certainly my favorite. Lots of handflying, RNAV and ILS approaches are easy peasy.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

25 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

I wish they'd implemented PMDG style switch handling.  By far, the easiest way to handle switches.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So, when i fly this, the manifold pressure should change as I climb, but it does not...I set the throttles in climb from the runway and all the way up it remains the same. Mixture does not work correctly, but I understand that is an issue with Asobo and Microsoft, so not the plane's issue. There is a misspelled word in the checklist...Preflight page 7 Wing Flap area...

Sorry, deleted part of that last post. In the checklist area on Page 7 of the preflight checklist...the Wing Flap area...wing is spelled "Wign"

Are the switch directions still reversed if you use the modern cockpit manipulation?  Forgot what it's called but I always set Legacy because I dislike he blue shading that pops up.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |