Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

28 minutes ago, rolly said:

Nice to know it's working correctly with the "TDS".

I hope it will be fixe for the "PMS50 GTN750".

I am debating which one to get as they are pretty close to each other.

I purchased the lifetime license for the PMS50.  Thought I would get the functionality I was used to with the Flight1 GTN I had for P3D.  Should have waited and stayed with the free version.  The TDS looks more like what I am used to with the Reality XP GTN in P3D and XP11 but this is the only aircraft that I have that supports it so far.  I have several others that support the PMS50.

I noticed that the rudder does not move in flight and decided to take a look from behind as the aircraft made a course correction while on autopilot.  During the turn I did not see any deflection in the rudder or the ailerons.  I'll have to take a look at my other aircraft to see if they do the same thing.

I just took a closer look at the ailerons while making a turn on autopilot and they do move.  So my bad, should have looked closer before.  And I just did another takeoff and without the autopilot engaged watched the rudder from behind as I pressed the pedals and it moves. 

Edited by jfwharton

The Fuel Computer does not count down the remaining fuel. The rest seems to work fine but the top diplay does not countdown.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The crackling noise when shutting down the engines doesn't sound right to me.  If it is intended to be the noise of the exhausts cooling, it is very much overdone and unrealistic in my opinion.  I wouldn't expect to hear it the instant the engines are shut down and I would expect it to be a lot more subtle with slow pops and crackles as the exhausts gradually cool.

35 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I purchased the lifetime license for the PMS50.  Thought I would get the functionality I was used to with the Flight1 GTN I had for P3D.  Should have waited and stayed with the free version.  The TDS looks more like what I am used to with the Reality XP GTN in P3D and XP11 but this is the only aircraft that I have that supports it so far.  I have several others that support the PMS50.

The Just Flight Arrow suite and warrior have support as well.

38 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

The TDS is exactly what we had with the Flight1/RealityXp GTN/GNS in P3D, that' s why i got it

Juan Ramos

5 minutes ago, xender said:

The TDS is exactly what we had with the Flight1/RealityXp GTN/GNS in P3D, that' s why i got it

Yep, I should have done my research.  The PMS50 works, just doesn't have all the approaches, fixes, etc that I have in the Reality XP GTN's.

Edited by jfwharton

2 hours ago, jfwharton said:

I'm still looking at that.  The elevator and ailerons seem to work the same for me.  I have noticed on some takeoffs I have to use a lot of rudder and others I don't.  So I'm still trying to figure it out.

Well, have tried several takeoffs now in 1.3 and it is uncontrollable - just yaws left and I find myself doing donuts on the grass next to the threshold. Something seriously wrong with the rudder in my view, but surprised not more people reporting this.

1 minute ago, rondon9898 said:

Well, have tried several takeoffs now in 1.3 and it is uncontrollable - just yaws left and I find myself doing donuts on the grass next to the threshold. Something seriously wrong with the rudder in my view, but surprised not more people reporting this.

I just did several takeoffs from KDEN and didn't have that issue.  Something to do with the winds?  Also I'm using REX Weatherforce.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

The TDS looks more like what I am used to with the Reality XP GTN in P3D and XP11 but this is the only aircraft that I have that supports it so far. 

The TDS GTN can also be installed in the Carenado C337/Seminole/Seneca with a user mod, and natively in the JustFlight Arrows.

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

The TDS GTN can also be installed in the Carenado C337/Seminole/Seneca with a user mod, and natively in the JustFlight Arrows.

Thanks but I wanted to avoid doing stuff like that.  But nice to know.  As I said, I should have just stayed with the free GTN and not wasted my $80+ on the PMS lifetime.  But the money is spent.

2 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I just did several takeoffs from KDEN and didn't have that issue.  Something to do with the winds?  Also I'm using REX Weatherforce.

Will try it again tomorrow - did have crosswinds today in fairness - just using MSFS default weather but it’s never caused uncontrollability like this, and it certainly shouldn’t do.

11 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

Will try it again tomorrow - did have crosswinds today in fairness - just using MSFS default weather but it’s never caused uncontrollability like this, and it certainly shouldn’t do.

I have had times with the aircraft will veer left or right during takeoff, but not all of the time.  So it must be related to the winds.  Perhaps this aircraft is too sensitive to crosswinds.

Well it needs to be fixed it’s really bad.

Another fault (I think, not sure) - the blower works with the battery off and engines shut down. Can’t see anything about that in the POH and can’t imagine it would be so in real aircraft.

Edited by rondon9898

Tried it some more - love it (mostly) ;)

* Ver 1.3 PMS50: flew out west of Denver - AP climb and interception of selected altitude, HDG, GPS course all worked well. Shot an ILS at KDEN - also seemed fine. Lost GS on short FNL (might been my low pwr setting). Not 100% sure abt the AP - but seems I had to press NAV to intercept LLZ and then APR to intercept GS.

* Crackling noise after engine shutdown a bit too much, and doesn't reduce with distance to AC (same loud noise if drone cam is 2m away or 200NM away).

* FM(flight model). I know this will be worked on. Some observations: managed to TO on one engine (max weight). Could fly well below VMC-speed(112ish(?)IAS) without rudder input. At 95-ish IAS I had to put in rudder. VMC-rolled at 88IAS(all max weights). Dunno how realistic these numbers are - but seemed a bit too forgiving imho.

* Turning taxi-lights on/off via yoke(VelocityOne)/button press doesn't work anymore (worked in earlier version). Same with landing lights - but that has 3 positions - so won't work anyway unless on and off position could equalize on/off presses in sim.

Keep up the good work!