Sign in to follow this  
kingie

Assigned key stops working every time I restart P2A

I've got the SayIt button assigned to either home/end on my keyboard as I mostly only use the sayit function (glad it's implemented that well!!). Every time I start up my P2A I need to reassign it to the other. (Home > End or End > Home) as it doesn't work any more.

If other Config keys and buttons are saving, then the only thing I can think of is another program is doing something to the keyboard signal to cause P2A to not correctly interpret the key press.  

If none of the Config settings are being remembered, then it is likely a corrupt AppConfig.xml file which can be deleted and a new one with default values will be created.  The file is located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.  Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

1 minute ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If other Config keys and buttons are saving, then the only thing I can think of is another program is doing something to the keyboard signal to cause P2A to not correctly interpret the key press.  

If none of the Config settings are being remembered, then it is likely a corrupt AppConfig.xml file which can be deleted and a new one with default values will be created.  The file is located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.  Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for your quick response! The weird thing is; it is actually remembered but it just doesn't work. The key shows as still being bound in P2A but doesn't do anything. Yet P2A still "reserves" it as I can't use both the home and end key any more (e.g. tested in simple text editor). After I close down P2A both keys suddenly function like expected. That makes me think it's something related to P2A.

There is an option at the bottom of the Btns tab to "Require P2A or SIM focus".  When that's checked, the keys should function normally in other programs and should function as assigned in P2A when P2A or the SIM has the Windows focus.

Dave

25 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

There is an option at the bottom of the Btns tab to "Require P2A or SIM focus".  When that's checked, the keys should function normally in other programs and should function as assigned in P2A when P2A or the SIM has the Windows focus.

Dave

I'll give that a go, I might have misinterpreted that option. I'll update here.

Unfortunately this only solved the issue partially. The keys became available but P2A didn't "grab" the inputs so it didn't work, even if I had the sim window or P2A active.

Something completely different: is it possible to use something like a type functionality for situations where you want to be routed to a different airport but "SayIt" doesn't offer the option to choose anything else than destination and "PTT" is not an option?