Sign in to follow this  
Bunkie

ISG Gauges working in P3D V5.3 ?

Hello all,

Does anyone have Ernie Alston's ISG gauges working in P3D V5.3 ?  They worked well in V4, but I'm not having any luck in P3DV5.3.

I'm trying to use the Sky Simulations MD-11/10 - and of course the ISG gauges are a major improvement over those that ship with the models - but using the V4.4 config available off the ISG website P3D crashes instantly upon loading - and of course nothing shows up in the logs etc. to indicate what's causing it.  When I revert to the default panel all is good.   Any tips, suggestions, etc., will be greatly appreciated!  I really want to enjoy the MD-11, but those lousy gauges (not to mention worse autopilot!) make it hard 🙂

Mark

Well that's curious...I am using them with no trouble at all. I can't remember doing anything different other than installing the correct package from the ISG site. I think it's "isg.185.exe" ?

cheers,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Thanks for that Chocorua - that tells me I've done something wrong, though I'm pretty certain I installed that file.  I'll just do it again, although that probably confirms I'm insane 🙂

Thanks again,

Mark

Chocorua....

Hi Greg....Sorry to hi-jack this thread....but I'm desperate for some assistance regarding the ISG Gauges...

I've had Ernies gauges for 2 years now...and I still can't get the system to work. (I'm basically a beginner at 77yrs with 

computers) The ISG Forum has been a total waste of time and I can't find any info on how to make things work !!

I really like the way the gauges look ....at least I figured out how to install them....but I'm stymied on how the ISG.cfg/ISG.Aircraft.cfg

works....it's totally baffling !!!....

If you have the time...can I dare ask for some assistance on how you have made this system work for you ??

Thanks

Skip d

Fredericksburg,Va.

15 minutes ago, skip d said:

but I'm stymied on how the ISG.cfg/ISG.Aircraft.cfg

Skjip what aircraft is it? I may be able to help you. Easier to do than explain. Done 100's of iSG fits back in the day.

Hi Adrian...

Thanks for replying and any help  !!

I've set up the gauges in the panel .cfg on each plane ....and they work OK.

In each plane I've chosen the SMITHS fmc...

The confusion I'm having is WHAT...HOW...and WHERE.. do the isg.cfg and Aircraft.cfg. come into play and how are the setup and used ???

If you can explain this system...I think I can do all of the rest.

Hawker Siddeley 748.... a payware from VIRTUALCOL .....and I have several liveries of it.

All my Aircraft are Turboprop airliners....and I'm on win10 and P3Dv5.3

Adrian...is it possible to communicate through PM,rather than taking up forum time ??

I've had help before from other helpful flyers using the PM...just wondering.

Thanks again

Skip

On 3/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, skip d said:

Hi Adrian...

Thanks for replying and any help  !!

I've set up the gauges in the panel .cfg on each plane ....and they work OK.

In each plane I've chosen the SMITHS fmc...

The confusion I'm having is WHAT...HOW...and WHERE.. do the isg.cfg and Aircraft.cfg. come into play and how are the setup and used ???

If you can explain this system...I think I can do all of the rest.

Hawker Siddeley 748.... a payware from VIRTUALCOL .....and I have several liveries of it.

All my Aircraft are Turboprop airliners....and I'm on win10 and P3Dv5.3

Adrian...is it possible to communicate through PM,rather than taking up forum time ??

I've had help before from other helpful flyers using the PM...just wondering.

Thanks again

Skip

Hey Skip,

Sorry I was slow at replying...everything is slow these days it seems as I approach my 70's, lol. Anyway, I'll have a look tomorrow and get back to you. I know what the files do but I'm certain any explanation right now won't be very clear (its 2:30am). I do recall how cryptic it all was at first but eventually I came to an understanding. 

cheers,

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Thanks Greg....

I'd really appreciate any help and time to get me going...

most things are in place....just a few things that are missing !!

Skip d

Stay with me Skip. I just started looking at my settings and will attempt to explain what I've done...had some personal things to tend to. I'll try to post tomorrow.

Greg

PS what is missing? Perhaps that'll make it easier to help you.   

Hope this makes some sense: The ISG.cfg file is located in your P3D root directory/ISG folder. Within that is the /Aircraft directory that will contain the 'aircraft.cfg" files. These are made by the user (I use notepad) and can be titled as one wishes. The aircraft.cfg files can be used to apply a multitude of gauge settings for a specific aircraft. The isg.cfg file can be used in the exact same way, but will be applied to all aircraft that are configured with the isg gauges. The aircraft.cfg will override the isg.cfg settings if duplicated.

Important: read through the first 9-10 pages of the "ISG settings.pdf" file, which provides all the commands/settings that the user can choose to copy to the .cfg file of his/her choice. There are a lot of them to read through, many of which I have no clue about so I only select what I understand and want.  

Example:
So let's say I want to put in some parameters for an Airbus A320: here are my settings from my file which I've named
" A320.cfg " (no quotes). You can use any prefix you want like B737-7, CRJ, etc.   

;A320
synchfplanwithfsgps=1
ClimbTas=300
ClimbRate=2000
DescentTas=300
DescentRate=2000
FPA=3.5
MaxCruise=33000
MaxVnavDescRate=3500
MaxVnavClimbRate=3000
MinVnavIas=135
MinVNavRadioAlt=500
ParkingFile=isg_Parking.txt
MFDTextAntiAlias=0

A320EADISkyColorRed=6
A320EADISkyColorGreen=117
A320EADIPFDSkyColorBlue=210
A320EADIGrndColorRed=119
A320EADIGrndColorGreen=71
A320EADIGrndColorBlue=0
A320EADITapeColorRed=16
A320EADITapeColorGreen=17
A320EADITapeColorBlue=68

The settings.pdf explains each parameter, albeit briefly. The lower section above are color settings for the EADI. These will change the display colors from the defaults and require experimenting a bit to get the look you desire.

OK, now the in the panel.cfg file of the aircraft you are using isg gauges with, an additional parameter must be added to point to the aircraft.cfg file you wish to use. Below is from a Boeing 777 panel I use:   

[Window00]
file_1024 = ../panel/737-800_panel_background.bmp
file_1024_night = ../panel/737-800_panel_background_night.bmp
size_mm = 1024
position = 7
visible = 1
ident = MAIN_PANEL
gauge00 = B737_800!pfd_screen,  189,548,218,219
gauge01 = isg1!B777_PFD_NB,  210,567,179,179,B757  

The 5th parameter (B757) points to a folder named 'B757' which contains an aircraft.cfg file. Thus whatever I have entered will display on the 'isg1.B777_PFD_NB' gauge.      

This is how it works for all aircraft, just be sure the 5th parameter corresponds to the folder you wish to use.  

Currently I have about 20 different aircraft folders (within the ISG folder) for specific airplanes in my hangar. Try reading through the documents carefully as the instructions are all there...and let me know if this is clear enough to help you!

If one adds a "ModelId=A320" to the ISG1 Aicraft.cfg, It will show on the Smiths FMC and also show navdata version.

• Like 1

Thanks Adrian for the detailed explanation !!! I think I've got it working as it should...

but one minor thing that is not working....is the "MODEL" does not appear in the SMITHS FMC.

Not that it matters in the performance,but just would add a nice touch to it.

I've tried in the individual aircraft.cfg .....title=EMB120,Federal Express      sim=EMB120      and next one down is   model=  (which is blank)

Using the title or the sim name for the 'aircraft.cfg' in the ISG folder does NOT show up in SMITHS even when I included

Modelid=EMB120

Im my Panel.cfg I have EMB120 as my 5th parameter

Skip

Adrian 123...

Hi...any thoughts on why I can't get the Model to show on the SMITHS  ???