Sign in to follow this  
styckx

KPHL finally gets some love

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Jeez, aggressive much...? I can't ask a question to confirm? This personal attack is entirely uncalled for.

Personal attack? Calm down Karen. I simply called you out for your nonsense. Who cares if it's default or custom made. Someone took the effort. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

26 minutes ago, styckx said:

Personal attack? Calm down Karen. I simply called you out for your nonsense. Who cares if it's default or custom made. Someone took the effort. 

Man oh man... Like I said, aggressive much?

To each their own, some care about the buildings being default and others not. Read through the thread and you'll see both sides. No reason to get so worked up about it. Happy for you that you have what you want...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The airport linked in the OP post has been available since Sept '21 and is excellent for freeware. There is a newer KPHL done by a different dev released Mar. 2 https://flightsim.to/file/28790/philadelphia-international-airport

Not saying one is better than the other - just offering an other option.

Cheers,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

not enough pics on flightsim.to for the 2nd philly,  but I will vote for the first philly and that has a lot of good features.

Edited by Sunshine13

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

2 hours ago, StevePHL said:

The 20th busiest airport in the US has never had a custom payware scenery?  I too hope this changes.

https://www.stratosjets.com/blog/busiest-us-airports/

Did you miss out on SunSkyJet's KPHL for FSX?  They presented it to the community as free. Personally I donated as if it were a top notch payware airport.  It was superior to most payware airports.

https://www.sunskyjet.com/testing/betasite/downloads/kphl-for-fsx

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, StevePHL said:

The 20th busiest airport in the US has never had a custom payware scenery?  I too hope this changes.

https://www.stratosjets.com/blog/busiest-us-airports/

I've always felt there was/is a tendency, with some exceptions, to ignore the US in general (especially the largest airports), and the Northeast in particular.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I've always felt there was/is a tendency, with some exceptions, to ignore the US in general (especially the largest airports), and the Northeast in particular.

Most devs make enough money re-doing the airports they've always done for new simulators / new sim versions. Even the top devs like Flightbeam and FlyTampa do this all the time.
I think creating an airport from scratch up to a high payware level is very expansive, and since scenery doesn't sell extremely well on MSFS (due to the casual audience and the high amount of freeware stuff) it's a simple business decision in just doing what you already did five times with all the data you have etc.
So don't hold your hopes up for KPHL (not saying it's not gonna happen), or KBWI (LatinVFR seems to have quit the airport business and only does gimmicky stuff nowadays).

We can only hope that IFR flying will become more popular with the 737, Fenix and Maddog releasing so sales and demand for high quality payware goes up. Anyway it's not my fault, I'm buying it all 🙂

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Until SunSkyJet KPHL and Philadelphia has been blatantly ignored despite the fact it's a gigantic hub in the Northeast. Sandwiched between DC and NYC. Even despite the city itself being where Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution were both debated and signed at gets ignored. 

Anyone who has flown VFR around Philadelphia knows it has a lot to offer already, but there is so much more to it 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I asked FlyTampa some time ago about any plans to introduce their excellent KTPA scenery to MSFS 2020, and the answer was probably not since it was really not that popular and therefore not an money maker considering their time and investment.

I sure hope they change their minds.

9 minutes ago, kevchris said:

I asked FlyTampa some time ago about any plans to introduce their excellent KTPA scenery to MSFS 2020

VerticalSim is currently working on KTPA...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

that should be a winner, but no fly tampa ?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

On 4/23/2022 at 8:02 AM, fppilot said:

Did you miss out on SunSkyJet's KPHL for FSX?  They presented it to the community as free. Personally I donated as if it were a top notch payware airport.  It was superior to most payware airports.

https://www.sunskyjet.com/testing/betasite/downloads/kphl-for-fsx

Speaking of which, what happened to the freeware legend @ShezA

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

11 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Speaking of which, what happened to the freeware legend @ShezA

• Like 2

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

On 3/18/2022 at 10:58 PM, Benjamin J said:

Man oh man... Like I said, aggressive much?..

It's just a Jersey thing!  :laugh:  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.