Sign in to follow this  
styckx

KPHL finally gets some love

4 hours ago, ShezA said:

Are you working on any cool stuff? 🙂

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 8/4/2022 at 6:44 PM, Drumcode said:

Are you working on any cool stuff? 🙂

I had a few projects ongoing but got paused by a work-related move and to make matters worse, a bug in Windows 11 which would not allow the GMAX design program to process 3D models. No one has been able to figure out why.

I had to reinstall Windows 10 on a separate SSD and work from there which is not ideal. As a result, I got stalled on a freeware KIND, an update for FlyTampa Dubai to include a now four-year old terminal and some smaller projects like KRFD and KCID. 

My aim is to move asap to MSFS designing because the output with the new software engine looks exciting. The PBR texture handling is so much better than P3D.

Our SSJ project for DTW is dead because my partner Ian is AWOL for a long time now. I do want to redo KPHL one day but the size of that is very large for a single person.

• Like 3

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

It is my understanding that FlyTampa does not intend to create KTPA for MSFS 2020.   They mentioned it was not that popular of an airport and therefore not profitable.

I sure hope they change their mind.

Kevin MacDonald

• Like 1

I've been using the new Philadelphia apt for a while now. I need another apt between and 9 and 3 to make a better loop flight from 1 and back to 1. (All these apts are upgrades to the default, some pay, some free).

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Yeah, those like interesting airports!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Still no custom PHL projects under way for the 21st largest airport in the US?  I'm hoping that SunSkyJet might do a conversion/update.

I'm working on KILG right now.   So far custom models are completed for the Nat Guard hangar,  the Fly Advanced hangars,  and the hangars next to the tower.   I've requested photos of the airport side of the terminal so the model can be completed,  but I'm still waiting for a reply.    I plan on doing the Atlantic Aviation hangars and one or two other buildings,   but there are just too many buildings for me to create custom models for them all.   My blender Fu is not strong.

KILG is horrible in the sim right now.  Barren,  no resemblance.

When I release this,  half the airport will look somewhat realistic,  half will use default assets,  and I'll be using libraries to make the entire airport look alive.    Not really a fan of libraries to be honest,  but the msfs default model selection is quite limited and like I said,  my Blender Fu is weak.   

I've already used terraforming polygons to fix the atrocious "blocks" of photogrammetry trees that are visible above 3d trees next to the  airport,  and for approximately a 10 mile radius.   

My plans include fixing any mesh issues at the Port of Wilmington,   placing container cranes and other objects,   and placing an exclusion zone to remove the static ship placed by autogen.    I'll do that soon so it's ready for the live traffic version of Henrik's shipping mod.

My journey with the SDK,  and with Blender,   began 3 weeks ago.     

• Like 2